PDA

View Full Version : Got my new tires the other night!!

ATC crazy
05-05-2003, 06:51 PM
Well they showed up on my front porch Thursday afternoon for my '02 Honda Foreman 450S all wrapped up. They are Goodyear Rawhide Grips (same that are on new Polaris Sportsmans--25x11x12 and 25x8x12). Well some of you know how much of a pain-in-the-ass it is to pop the bead on an ATV tire. My dad and I tried everything in the book to get the old ones off, even driving and truck onto a board that sits on the bead...still nothing. So late Friday night we take them to NTB (National Tire and Battery) to see what they can do. They try 3 different machines; the first did nothing; the second got the rears off and only one bead on each front tire. The third machine did nothing to the remaning front beads...not even an air-chissel. They charged us nothing and we went out to eat and then back home. My friend came over at around 9:30 p.m. to spend the night so we could get an early start in the morning. We were up til 1 a.m. just getting the new rears on. The first one was no problem but the second one was a B****. The first bead poped on but the other wouldn't go on. I swear we had around 120psi in it at one time. So we said F-it and went to bed. 7:30 a.m., we finally get the bead to set and all the rears are good to go. We actually had to cut the front beads off with a drill. 8:00a.m., My dad takes the front tires to a shop but ends up comming back with tubes for the front tires. While he was gone my other 2 friends show up...Josh who bought my '87 SX, the other Josh who doubles w/ me or Chris (I know but its the only way he can ride too. Hes getting one this summer though), and Chris who has a POS Polaris Magnum 330. Chris has nearly totalled it twice from bad encounters w/ trees. Hes a bad driver. 9:00a.m., everything is on and good to go. :-P We have a great time riding Saturday, discovering old logging roads, creeks to drive in, and huge hillclimbs and jumps :-P :-P :twisted: The new tires beat the hell out of me w/ only 5psi in them but its worth it. I'm looking forward to it again soon.