PDA

View Full Version : Can't remove fuel strainer on 250R

Parrydise7
06-25-2007, 10:09 AM
One bolt came out without a problem. The other just spins. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

BTW, I did search and nothing came up. Thanks!

Okey dokey, what I'm going to do is pull the gas tank and go from there. I'm told the tank is fibreglass. Some guys try to repair the problem with JB Weld and that ordinarily does not work too well. If I have to replace the tank, (oem's are still available) they cheapest are just under $300(!). The cheapest so far is Babbitt's. My local dealer wanted $422 (!!!!!).

The Owner's manual says to service the fuel strainer regularly. I wish I'd left the darn thing alone.

BTW, I'm having trouble finding a shop manual for a 1986 ATC 250R. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Sorry for the additional edit. I answered my own question. I found a manual on ebay.

Okey dokey, sorry for the additional edit. I removed the tank and took it to a auto shop. The guy's an ex-drag racer and knows his way around a Chevy (and now the gas tank of a three-wheeler). Anyway, he fiddles with the tank and then hands me the bolt.:wondering Best of all, there is no damage to the insert.

I went and ordered a new petcock.