PDA

View Full Version : Trikefest admission/ donations??

dizasterzrfun69
06-25-2007, 10:51 PM
I know that one of the best things about 3ww is that it is totally free to the members here. Trikefest also doesnt cost us a thing except for PARK admission and of course gas, food, etc... I absolutely love how soo many people do things for this website and trikefest out of there pocket and dont ask for anything in return except for some VERY small donations evevry now and then. I will admit it, i dont think i have EVER sent a donation to 3ww other than buying raffle tickets, 50/50 tickets, media, t-shirts etc.. I simply dont think about it that often or i am broke and think $5 wouldnt make a difference. $5 really will make a difference though if we could get people to donate $5 a month or even every couple of months.

My idea is that there should be a fee for trikefest. Not an outrageous fee, but a small fee like $10 a person whether they are there 1 day or 3 weeks. I dont think this is too much to ask. I think if i knew that trikefest would cost me an additional $10 then it wouldnt be any big deal since i would HAVE to pay it. There was what? 200 people there or so? $10 a person that wouldve been $2000 towards this wonderful site. Maybe we could do $5 a person and accept donations? So how many of you would pay the additional fee? I know i would.

Old 179
07-01-2007, 11:53 AM
This was my 1st TF that I stayed for the whole event. Saturday nights awards I saw all of those trophies that were given out for the different events. Knowing that it didn't cost anything to run in those event, that chunk of money came out of the overall funds. Could it be possible to impose a sign up fee to cover for the cost of the trophies??
I would exclude the kids 18 and under. Maybe $5 per event. (mx, drags and utility run would be consider a event each) Wasn't around the poker run, maybe require them to buy $2 worth of 50/50 tickets before they start the run?
Alot of tickets were sold at the saturday night awards. These same people were the same ones that were in the various events that week. So I'm thinking that that maybe their gracious spending was their entry fees???
Just some random thoughts, we need to keep 3WW alive and well funded. Thanks.

oldsking86
07-01-2007, 12:05 PM
Come next Trikefest I'm there and would be willing to pay afee to get it. This site has a group of individuals that have helped me and many others with all kinds of issues. The riding spots that have come about and the riding trips rock! 3ww needs to keep trucking and we all should pitch in if we really care ;)

OldSchoolin86
07-01-2007, 12:11 PM
You really can't charge a fee to be at trikefest because its a public park but a $5 per entry fee for the events could be a good idea.

Derrick Adams
07-01-2007, 03:26 PM
I'll take the official response to this post and say that we have discussed this issue many times before. As it stands right now, we are working to keep all events at Trikefest free of charge. The last thing we want someone to do is sit on the sidelines because they don't have $10 to run the drags, etc.

J.D.
07-01-2007, 04:17 PM
I would say maybe not charge, just talk more about donation. Maybe at like the awards ceremony just take and break it down and say hey, this is how much it costs to run the site, how much it costs for this that and the other, then show how much actual income comes in from donations, etc, and show what say Billy and Howdy have to spend out of there pockets, then say...we need donations to help! I'm the same way as you disasterz, I never stop to think about how much money it costs to run the place until it's too late, so that's why I tried to buy plenty of raffle tickets at TF and made sure I got a shirt too. Just my 2 cents!

team-red-rider
07-01-2007, 04:34 PM
yeh i spent like most of my $$ on raffle tickets and got 2 shirts 2 hats a hoodie and 3 koozies....(besides the "donations" i gave cody for doin junk lmao)

ATC-Eric
07-01-2007, 05:16 PM
I'll take the official response to this post and say that we have discussed this issue many times before. As it stands right now, we are working to keep all events at Trikefest free of charge. The last thing we want someone to do is sit on the sidelines because they don't have $10 to run the drags, etc.

Lots of good points, expecially this one.

I think the best thing to do would be to stress donations a little more. I did buy a bunch of merchandise at TF, as well as a hole bunch of raffle tickets, its great to help the site while getting some cool gear at the same time.

Can I still get TF T-shirts?

Old 179
07-01-2007, 05:43 PM
Lots of good points, expecially this one.

I think the best thing to do would be to stress donations a little more. I did buy a bunch of merchandise at TF, as well as a hole bunch of raffle tickets, its great to help the site while getting some cool gear at the same time.

Can I still get TF T-shirts?

Yes, 06 & 07 tees were still available Saturday night. Need to buy both!!!!

With no fees being charged we will keep pushing tickets.

Billy Golightly
07-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Honestly the sales of the shirts/raffle/50/50 etc have for the past 2 years covered us pretty well. As long as they continue to do so in the future I think we'll be fine.

Besides that, (I hate to be negative, but its sort of my personality) if we end up with anyone pitching a fit and causing a scene for whatever absurd reason at one of the events its a lot easier to tell them to take it or leave it when theres not any $$$ involved. Thats my perspective anyways, haha.

dizasterzrfun69
07-02-2007, 02:17 AM
well theres alot of good points. It probablly would be better to stress donations a little bit more. It was just an idea to try and help the site out.. ;) I could care less if 3WW gave me $20 to come or charged me $20 to come, I'd still show up and have fun.

RedRider_AK
07-02-2007, 02:40 AM
If I came to trikefest and I had 20 bucks, I'd donate it. It's the least I could do for the help and fun conversation I've had with you guys over the last year or two.

Yamahondaman
07-02-2007, 10:21 AM
If I came to trikefest and I had 20 bucks, I'd donate it. It's the least I could do for the help and fun conversation I've had with you guys over the last year or two.

gas prices are KILLING the donation aspect of it all ... and i agree with Billy

OldSchoolin86
07-02-2007, 06:02 PM
gas prices are KILLING the donation aspect of it all ... and i agree with Billy

Gas prices aren't killing people's ability to at least offer up a couple bucks. Everyone in my camp including the younger riders pitched in something. Together it added up to decent donation.

tecat-z
07-02-2007, 07:14 PM
Me and my group all bought $20 each of the raffle trike tickets, all purchased t-shirts, and between all of us spent $65 in 50/50 tickets. We also bought a couple cozies. We also supported the photographer in buying 5 awesome pics. Those attending TF all want something to remember it by. In doing so, we purchase items that help fund this site. We all buy this every year not because we have to, because we want to. I feel we are a generous bunch and buy and donate what we can individually afford.

Tri-ZNate
07-02-2007, 08:19 PM
If you want to donate buy the tickets and merchandise. TF should be a free event for everyone to come together, meet, and have fun.

And I know where ronnie is coming from. Guys that are coming from a long ways away have to have alot of cash on hand to make the trip. i think he filled up 3 times one way on diesel

dizasterzrfun69
07-02-2007, 08:30 PM
hey it was just an idea, we can scratch it. :rolleyes: I dont know how much money is brought in at trikefest towards the site or anything. I just thought IF the site needed more money itd be a decent idea.

dizasterzrfun69
07-02-2007, 09:11 PM
Dont worry guys, this idea isnt going to become anything more than just an idea and i guarantee that. The mods can delete this thread if they'd like.

Tri-ZNate
07-02-2007, 09:52 PM
Sorry if sounded like an ass on my last comment, didn't mean it to sound like a dictatorial command. I just hate the idea of traveling 600 miles, pay $50 to get in the park for our stay and then pay the site to compete or be there

ATC-Eric
07-02-2007, 10:35 PM
Hey, some good comes out of this thread; it reminds everyone that this site, and the events take money to run. Ill bet this thread has sparked a couple donations!

madmanwithmouse
07-06-2007, 07:06 PM
One thing Id like to see is the "trikefest" week be TF people only, then Id be willing to pay a few bucks extra at the gate.