PDA

View Full Version : yamaha 225dx

budget125
10-23-2002, 04:53 PM
got my 225dx and was wondering what kind of performance things i can do? i was thinking about filter and exhaust right now. what do you recommend i get? was thinking about a k&n filter. but where can i get one and does anyone have a part number? and i need a kill switch too. thanks alot.

3WheelHouston
10-23-2002, 07:14 PM
On the K&N filter just go to the K&N website to get the part number. It's one of their generic filters but it matches up to the 225DX on their search. Then take the part number to your local auto parts store that carries K&N products and they can order it for you. It'd be a good mod but make sure you rejet and adjust your carb as necessary to avoid running lean. -Aaron

budget125
10-23-2002, 07:17 PM
How do you rejet the carb?

3WheelHouston
10-23-2002, 10:40 PM
Rejetting the carb involves getting a bigger main jet (it's a fancy screw) and replacing the old one if it's necessary. But first try just adjusting the mixture and the needle clip if necessary after you change the filter. The important thing is that your fuel/air mixture is right, so go as far as you have to in order to do that. First try adjusting the mixture screw and the needle clip, and then if it's still to lean, rejet. I hope that made sense
-Aaron

budget125
10-23-2002, 11:53 PM
yeah i know what the main jet is. might tear down the carb and clean it out this week. does anyone have the link for the k&n website. thanks.

surfboardjam
08-30-2006, 05:13 PM
I been restoring a 225dr. I've got all new blue plastics except for side covers. Can anyone help. I know they have been discontinued, but maybe someone knows where there may be some nos. Mine are in good shape just faded and don't match the new stuff. Thanks for any help or info.

Mike_Ham_250R
08-30-2006, 09:20 PM
Http://vinatgemotorsport.net I think mike over there has NOS Blue yamaha side covers.

edog
08-30-2006, 11:02 PM
Http://vinatgemotorsport.net I think mike over there has NOS Blue yamaha side covers.

Those are for the Moto 4.