PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Citizenship

BigGreenMachine
07-01-2007, 10:24 PM
If I were to pick up and move to say Tx from my Canadian home what would have to happen? Could I just fly down there buy a home and be done?

smokinwrench
07-01-2007, 11:43 PM
Sure and be right with every other illegal we have that doesn't pay taxes.

I work with a guy thats from Canada. He has a work visa or something that lasts for years. He has been in the process of getting his citizenship for years and has spent a few thousand $ doing it. He is married to a lady that is from usa and have been married for years with kids. He said they had to go through some serious testing after they were married.

BigGreenMachine
07-02-2007, 12:04 AM
Sure and be right with every other illegal we have that doesn't pay taxes.

I work with a guy thats from Canada. He has a work visa or something that lasts for years. He has been in the process of getting his citizenship for years and has spent a few thousand $ doing it. He is married to a lady that is from usa and have been married for years with kids. He said they had to go through some serious testing after they were married.

:lol: Ok I understand that won't work, well not legally like I want anyway right? :lol: :p

I'm taking heavy equiptment this Sept after getting out of my welding trade (too unhealthy of a job for this guy when I see what unhealthy conditions have done to my old man) and I guess my next step will be getting in touch with a reputable construction company to try for a work VISA?

Anyone else have some good info on this process of making the move legally?

I mean people retire to Florida every year, they pack up and go and its all legal.

Why can't I get in and go after my citizenship? ...or can I?

firefirefire90
07-02-2007, 12:13 AM
:lol: Ok I understand that won't work, well not legally like I want anyway right? :lol: :p

I'm taking heavy equiptment this Sept after getting out of my welding trade (too unhealthy of a job for this guy when I see what unhealthy conditions have done to my old man) and I guess my next step will be getting in touch with a reputable construction company to try for a work VISA?

Anyone else have some good info on this process of making the move legally?

I mean people retire to Florida every year, they pack up and go and its all legal.

Why can't I get in and go after my citizenship? ...or can I?

I highly doubt people from other countries pack up and move to florida for retirement without going through the legal process. You need citizenship for the WHOLE country; not just for one state.

BigGreenMachine
07-02-2007, 12:23 AM
Yeah it really was a general statment sorry, was fishing to see if someone had the answer of how to make the move legally was all. Thanks

Anyone?

firefirefire90
07-02-2007, 12:34 AM
This might help you or not...I'm not sure but here you go.

http://www.usimmigrationsupport.org/

BigGreenMachine
07-02-2007, 12:52 AM
http://www.usimmigrationsupport.org/visa_h2b.html

This seems like the route I would have to take.

BigGreenMachine
07-03-2007, 10:25 PM
Well my bro lives in Austin. He has been down there for years working. I'm going down in febuary to look for work with my trade. Going to look into work sponsering me for a greencard. Cannot wait to get my own home/land and hit the lake in 90 degree weather!

random-strike
07-03-2007, 11:02 PM
do it legally, or we might have to string you up with the rest of the illegals.

LA NEGRA!!!!

ps: good peice of advice, if you want to become a US citizen, become an american and leave your country in your country

firefirefire90
07-03-2007, 11:17 PM
do it legally, or we might have to string you up with the rest of the illegals.

LA NEGRA!!!!

ps: good peice of advice, if you want to become a US citizen, become an american and leave your country in your country

The(female) black one?

you mean:

LA MIGRA!!! :rolleyes:

BigGreenMachine
07-04-2007, 08:38 PM
C'mon Febuary! Moving permanently and buying a 70 until I can ship my Tecate down there.