PDA

View Full Version : correction

kyle
05-06-2003, 10:49 PM
i posted about polaris snowmobiles a few days ago, well there is a big correction. they are not polaris, they are artic cat el tigre 6000's, a 1981 and a 1984. shows how much i know about sleds. :?

als250
05-07-2003, 02:03 AM
Hey kyle,after logging in, on home page, go to "view your posts" click on it. Look for the post, click on it. Then you can edit orig. post. ;)

Al

kyle
05-07-2003, 11:01 AM
hey ill do that, didnt know about that. thanks

Yamaha_Rules69
05-07-2003, 11:07 AM
Hey Kyle, I own a 1984 El tigre' 6000! They can be ok sleds, and they can also be a mojor pain in the @$$. They chug gas to beat hell too, and they dont get through deep powder drifts too well. You have to mix the gas and oil, it dosent have injection, and they have a radiater that you have to put the anti freeze in, whereas the newer ones dont. The suspension also sucks on them, believe me. I think the 86+ models had slightly better suspension. If you decide to get them, make sure the track isnt in really bad condition, because a new track for it could be a little spendy. ($200 or more, and isnt worth it in my opinion) If you have any questions about it, ask me. I have owned mine for 3 years now, I dont think it will be going this year. LOL. They are pretty easy to fix on tho.

kyle
05-07-2003, 11:20 PM
well this man said if i get it running i can HAVE it. so it may be easy fixin, ya never know. i know the track and body is all in good shape. if it starts getting too expensive ill sell it. but i may have a nice sled for really really cheap.

PowerTrike
05-07-2003, 11:45 PM
Sounds like a sweet deal to me. I haven't worked on Arctic Cats much but my dad did used to own an el tigre. Actually he used it for racing back in the 80s. (souped up a little) Funny thing you should mention the crappy suspension Yamaha_Rules69. My dad hated it too (he did cross-country racing) so he ripped it out and bought an old Artic Cat Puma and used the suspension from that! Anyways, yeah if the track is in good shape chances are it hasn't been used too much if its the original and I bet you can get em running. Good Luck! If you need any help later on I can try... :-D