PDA

View Full Version : Some bad news about a TF07 attendee....

Howdy
07-07-2007, 09:18 PM
Got word the other day that a Friend of mine that was at TF07 was involved in a BAD motor cycle accident. He was the 17 year old kid ( Cory ) that was riding a yellow Yam 225. He was around my camp site a little and was the one that borrowed a inverter from another member ( can't remember his name ) to pump up his air matress. He rode around with a guy named Rick on a NICE 350x ( with a moshman seat ).

Accident: The story I got was this: He was riding and came up on a dump truck in the road way. He had looked down to check his speed for a moment ( he says around 55 mph ) and when he looked back up he realized the truck was parked ( he initally thought it was moving ). He braked hard and took evaisive action, but still side swiped the corner / side of the tandom axle dump truck. He hit hard enough that the foot peg blew out at least one truck tire. The newspaper story varies just a little.

Cory wasn't as lucky. Cory has a Broken right arm, a broken right leg, and a MAJORLY messed up ankle. He may have other injuries that I haven't heard about yet. The ankle is so bad that they may amputate it. He was taken to the local hospital and then care flighted to Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton, Ohio ( On Monday 7/02 ). He remains in the hospital and will probably be wheel chair bound for a estimated 6 months to a year. There is talk that he may even be put in a nursing home until he can heal up enough to get around a little on his own. This is about their only option right now because of his broken leg, arm and messed up ankle. The Good news is he WAS wearing a helmet and his head didn't sustain any injuries. Even though he is in BAD shape he is VERY lucky. Had he hit the truck straight on he probably would be in a lot worse shape or no longer with us at all.

It's going to be a very long recovery, and while he is expected to recover, he still needs everyone prayers's. .

I am sure he would apreaciate any and all Well Wishes. I will try to get his Hospital address if anyone wants to send a get well card. Other wise they can be sent to me to forward to him or his dad to give to him. I also plan on printing off this whole thread and send it to him in a few days.

Thanks
Howdy

RedRider_AK
07-07-2007, 09:36 PM
I hope Cory gets well soon. When you post up his hospital address, I will send him a get-well card (with a sweet three-wheeler on it).

ATC-Eric
07-07-2007, 10:07 PM
In the beginning of the thread I thought you were going to say Cory's dead. Its really bad how he's messed up, but at least he didnt die!

Good luck with your recovery buddy!

j.Lawson
07-07-2007, 10:09 PM
I dont know you bub, but get well soon. I'll be praying for ya. your young and tough, you'l get through it.

Tri-ZNate
07-07-2007, 10:37 PM
oh wow that sucks. I met the guy and he seemed real cool. I was the one he borrowed the inverter from and was kind enough to put it on the seat of the truck when he was done. Wow that blows, keep us updated howdy. I really hope he gets to keep his ankle

sandpuppi101
07-07-2007, 10:39 PM
My thought's as well as my Famalies are with you in your soon to be quick recovery.God's speed to ya.

BigGreenMachine
07-07-2007, 11:08 PM
He'll be in my prayers. Sorry to hear.

Old 179
07-08-2007, 09:31 AM
Sorry to hear this. I hope he comes out well. Nice to see fellow trikers concerned for their own.

Bryan Raffa
07-08-2007, 09:42 AM
OH man...he was a nice kid..I hope everything go's his way in recovery!!

get well soon cory! your in our prayers!

team-red-rider
07-08-2007, 10:06 AM
sorry to hear that dude! hope u get better soon!

oldsking86
07-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Damn buddy, hey get better soon! Like they said your young, you'll recover pretty quick watch ;)

84honda200s
07-08-2007, 12:56 PM
i dont know him the best but send him my best. tell him get well soon.

Xowner
07-08-2007, 04:53 PM
wow sry to here that best wishes to you buddy!

Dracus124
07-08-2007, 06:58 PM
Get well soon!!! We need more trikers!! and might have just lost one..... :(

icp4life162005
07-09-2007, 06:09 PM
titanium ankle maybe? Good luck and hope for the best!

Russell 350X
07-10-2007, 01:13 PM
Hope all gets better, hope he can keep the ankle. Good luck!

Keep us posted Howdy. :)