PDA

View Full Version : need help deciding

honda_atc200es
07-09-2007, 09:57 PM
what should i get I'm in a bind. should i get a 1996 Yamaha blaster a 2 stroke i believe, or go for a 2004 xtreme cr107 (pitbike) if i get the blaster (pricing not finalized, I'm assuming its my bigred and $300 cash) i wont have any extra spending money, it is a 2-stoke which i am not familiar with at all and i don't know much about it. or i go for a 2004 xtreme cr107 for $600 which includes an extended frame and bigger wheels, it is smaller, owned by my cousin and is a 4 stroke.

but let me describe what I'm looking for, the only reason i make it seem like i want the xtreme more is because i know everything about it, i have aftermarket parts planned out, i know the person selling it, and its smaller making it easier for me to transport and sneak rides in around town.

i want a trail bike something i can ride on on rough trails, it has to be reliable, fun and sporty without being to powerful to where i will get hurt. i like to work on things so a little work every so often is not an issue. i have a limited budget, I'm only 15 so the most i will get a month is $40, probably just enough to cover gas. i need the bike to do 50 comfortable, just so i can get between trails without disturbing traffic, endangering myself or bringing attention to my self.

the bike has to last a little while, I'm not buying a new quad/dirtbike every 2 years. in essence i need a bike to grow with and keep up with my friends. basically i need advice on what to lean toward, what to expect and some backround on the blaster and 2-strokes in general (speed, maintenance, pros, cons) thanks for any help

fatcat
07-10-2007, 08:30 PM
blaster
they are good bikes if you take care of them

3Wheelers4Life
07-10-2007, 09:09 PM
i personally would go with the blaster, but it all really depends on what you want and like.
dirt bike or quad
2 stroke or 4 stroke
old or new
extra spending money or no money
etc etc etc

SYKO
07-10-2007, 09:18 PM
blaster, if it does fail you parts are CHEAP and everywhere, plus there alot of fun and make an excellent trail quad as well, if you get a blaster a bunch of us here including myself can help youout with maitnence and troulbeshooting and other questions, becose alot of us also have an ol' blaster zippin around as well

super90
07-10-2007, 09:58 PM
Blaster i would say. The pitbike wont take much hard trail riding. There meant for mini tracks and hard pack riding. I had one and after taking it on my normal atc trail there was nothing left of it. But they sure are fun no doubt about that.