PDA

View Full Version : Riding Goggles

Yamahauler
07-10-2007, 12:38 AM
I finally got a new helmet, now I need some goggles..what are some of your opinions...i ride a lot of dusty trails, I heard some guys complaining they were getting dust in their eyes with some brands.

Im looking to buy off ebay if anyone has some opinions? thanks

icp4life162005
07-10-2007, 05:28 AM
rockymountainatv has some good deals and a RETURN POLICY unlike ebay.

oldsking86
07-10-2007, 02:16 PM
I like SPY's.. very nice comfort fit

SYKO
07-10-2007, 04:28 PM
I have smith goggles and have been using that brand for 15+ years, I can honestly say they work great in dusty inverionments, like OCALA for isntance, it was like a constant sand sand/dust storm the whole time riding behind folks and they didnt fill up with dust.

Kintore
07-10-2007, 06:18 PM
Also like Alan im a big fan of Scotts, cheaper I found and just as good. Ive been the hell outa mine too, very resistant lenz

SWIGIN
07-10-2007, 06:43 PM
iv used and loved scott goggles since the 80s

my newest scott 89s came out of the box with quick straps and a vented lens witch i REALY like that lens. tons of air movement and so far no mud or dust got through

okieRrider
07-10-2007, 11:19 PM
check out the steel mx goggles....they are awesome

Maico
07-11-2007, 07:42 AM
Nothing but Oakleys for my eyeballs.

400exguy
07-11-2007, 09:12 AM
I personally like Thor goggles, they have a pretty resistant lens and have superior venting that rarely fog (I do not remember mine fogging once yet). I perfer to get goggles that are designed to wear over glasses 1. because I wear glasses 2. less fog due to the fact the lens is further from your face.

I never really liked Oakley, they didnt seem to hold up as well and the elastic band wore out quickly if left on the helmet all the time.

Smith and Spy seem to be very popular due to the fact of seeing them on the trail pretty frequently, however I havent tried either.

Maico
07-12-2007, 09:23 AM
The Oakleys fit my face better than Scotts. The Oakley's strap will crap out early if left on the helmet...I found that out early on. I take my goggles off anyway. Never tried Thor. To each their own.:beer

RedRider_AK
07-12-2007, 02:26 PM
I have Dragon SMX goggles for winter riding (amber lens), and a set of "Ski-Doo" branded Smith goggles with a yellow lens for summer riding. They both work awesomely. The Dragon ones are a little smaller and the frame seems to get dirty very easily, but the lenses are very flexible and I have yet to crack them, even after folding them in half!