PDA

View Full Version : TF 08, King and Queen of the hill?

Old 179
07-10-2007, 10:10 PM
Just a thought. How about having a competion where you must drag and mx with the same trike? Open class, anything goes. Possible score like mx, 20 points for1st, 16 for second ect. for each event. Best total points wins. No second or third place prize. Winner is crowned king and queen in each gender event.

I have seen this done back in the 80's. Then they used mx. hare scramble, and a timed obstacle course. We don't want to use the hare scramble as one. This thought came after seeing that the trikes didn't have a prayer on the drag strip this year (900R).

madmanwithmouse
07-10-2007, 11:34 PM
What about the obstacle course? Aught to get points there too, use all three then you get a true King Of The Hill!!! :) Heck you could even use the poker run and Devils Backbone but, Naaaa.

Old 179
07-11-2007, 06:28 AM
What about the obstacle course? Aught to get points there too, use all three then you get a true King Of The Hill!!! :) Heck you could even use the poker run and Devils Backbone but, Naaaa.

Thought about that. The destructive mud hole would have to be eliminated. The rest of it could be done. I was afraid of a time event might produce a pis*ing match if it was close. We have 11 months to think about it. Lots of input is needed to make it happen. More volunteers and a time slot in the busy schedule we already have!

Russell 350X
07-12-2007, 12:23 PM
This is a pretty cool idea. Why not use the obstical course with the mud hole? Make it challenging ;)

350Xhilaration
07-12-2007, 01:28 PM
I can see the benefit and drawback to this. It would give an award to the overall best, but not the best of any one event. That is IF you could get guys/gals to compete in both events or several events with the same trike.

The fastest drag trikes wouldn't even think about MXing. So that would leave the MX guys at an advantage. It's much easier to drag race an MX trike than to MX a drag trike.

Good idea, but not sure those two events would be the best choice to pair up.

Maybe a Hare Scramble/MX combo?? for the MX guys and maybe an obstacle course/mud bog for the "working group" of trikes.

Again, it would be fun, but someone would have to organize it and deal with all the headaches that go along with an organized event.

If this turns into TrikeWeek, then I'd say by all means get more interesting different events going. But for the 3 days of TF, it might be a bit much to keep track of.

Derrick Adams
07-13-2007, 04:39 AM
I think I can compete in everything on 1 bike with no problems. That sure would test the theory of who has the best "all around" machine. lol

Might produce some interesting results.

atctim
07-13-2007, 08:06 AM
I agree with both Rhuel and Derrick. I think this is an awesome idea - "best of the best" I would do all 3 on one machine - but I do agree this would be one heck of an event to organize and keep track of. We would need more than 2 or 3 "official" days of TF- and I see the participation really dropping off it it started on say Wednesday or Thursday.

An Ironman completion so to speak is such a great idea though!

keister
07-13-2007, 01:02 PM
I had another thought for an additional event that could be incorporated. At the beginning of the poker run was a long downhill that ends at the creek crossing and begins the woods section.

I went back down there after the poker run to check out the area, and it would be perfect for a hill drag. It is really wide and certainly long and steep enough for a good competition.

Just something else to think about when this does evolve into TrikeWeek someday. Maybe we could try it as a Wednesday or Thursday "exibition" next year.