PDA

View Full Version : Crappie fish, where can it be purchased?

GoodKarma
07-14-2007, 07:19 PM
I know, a silly thread for a 3 wheeler site, but I figured there's a lot of folks here that can probably relate to my desires.

I grew up in Kansas, and walleye and crappie were a favorite fish that was easy to find. Well, here I am in California, and believe it or not, it's not so easy to find a farm pond or local lake for fishing these delicious fish. I tried searches on the internet, but didn't find squat for crappie, and I think I found one place that had walleye.

Does anyone out there know somewhere that these are easily available to purchase? I want to have a family cookout soon, and thought it would be GREAT to remind everyone of the favorite fish we used to find so easily back home.

:beer :beer :TrikesOwn :beer :beer

chris200x
07-14-2007, 07:25 PM
PURCHASE???? LMAO!!! Man you got to go fishing! I know you said they're hard to find around where you live.. but my god.. Some fishin holes around here you actually get sick of catching them and start complaining they eat up all your minnows!

Sorry... but I had to reply.. I know I'm 0% help to you... but I found that extremely funny!

Maybe I can freeze some for you then next time I'm out and ship them overnight in a styrofoam cooler!

GoodKarma
07-14-2007, 07:30 PM
Okay, I deserve that from someone not living out here, but hear me out! LOL, it's a little "different" out here! If I was back home, it would be nothing to buy a couple dozen minnows and hit a farm pond, but this is the land of asphalt and concrete!

I'd pay for the beer, minnow, gas, shipping, and a fishing fee if someone could hook me up with a big mess of some tasty fish...................and not sushi, that's easy around here!

chris200x
07-14-2007, 07:38 PM
Sorry man.. :beer Growing up and living in the country I guess I wouldn't understand! :rolleyes: I hope I didn't offend you too much bud! Sounds to me like your a lil' homesick.

Now I got the jones to do a little fishing myself! :D

riverrat
07-14-2007, 11:59 PM
How many are you looking for?
Shipping them might be a problem, need some dry ice.
Don't know if I could do it.

GoodKarma
07-15-2007, 08:36 AM
Hmmm, I thought for sure there might be some small markets around that sell crappie, bass, walleye................but I guess not! Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree. I've found some pretty exotic stuff on the internet, but these are not to be found.

I appreciate the offer, but I would probably be taking someone else's dinner if I bought your fish. I just thought that maybe there was a place it could be purchased.

Gunnar
07-15-2007, 08:58 AM
I dont know if this will make you feel any better but.............. Last weekend my brother-in-law and I went fishing at Wixum lake and caught 23 crappie 9-13 inches. Got to get out there early in the morning before the boats get out. Wish I could help you out. I know Its one of my favorite fish to eat.

For anyone wondering we use a red and white tube about 2-3 feet down from a bobber. Cast it out and reel it in real slow, soon enough FISH ON!!!!!

Mosh
07-15-2007, 09:50 AM
Around here we have fish hatchery's.You can go fish at them for a fee.They stock ponds with all kinds of fish.Trout walleye bass,etc etc.HAve you tried locating one near you?
Also I bet there is a meat/food delivery service near you you can call and order them for delivery.
I know catching them is the best part,but may be your only option.
Are these fish not around the local habitat due to climate and such?? OR just no where to fish for you?

GoodKarma
07-15-2007, 10:47 AM
I have not seen many places to fish that aren't crowded with jet skis and boaters. I've talked to a few people around here, and seems all they know about fishing is saltwater. I know there are lakes around here, but the few I have seen are used to store water for public consumption or recreation use.

I'll do some searching for hatcheries!

okieRrider
07-15-2007, 12:01 PM
I'm sure you have sen this but will post it anyways http://imaps.dfg.ca.gov/viewers/fishing_guide/app.asp

GoodKarma
07-15-2007, 02:06 PM
Hey, that looks pretty cool! I'm not having much luck getting it to work, but I'll keep trying.:beer

firehart
07-15-2007, 08:25 PM
I know of a place here in Idaho where you can keep all you catch. Maybe its time for a road trip.