PDA

View Full Version : Sold my 87 250SX :(

Dirtcrasher
07-15-2007, 12:30 PM
I was sad to see it go but I just didn't ride it and it was always in the way. I was letting friends ride it and sooner or later one of them would have smacked a tree or something.

It was in the WantAd for 2 days and the 1st to see it bought it. I was asking 1100$ and took a grand. Everyone is broke and it's tough to justify more money than that when they can get a used Blaster or a ATC250R for the same cash.

So, it's gone.... Had it for 10 years and it wasn't easy watching it drive away. I must have put a thousand hours on that trike. Hopefully the new owner will become a member here and the SX will live on :w00t:

SYKO
07-15-2007, 12:44 PM
I know what you meen, money got tight here after my dad passed, and I recently got rid of my 99 lincoln, when I was drivng away after droping it off, it felt like part of my soul went with it, what a sick fealing. But its not the end of the world for sure, one day possibky you may get it back with extra parts and stuff done to it cheaper! I have a set of gold and chrome bolt on wire wheels that I have had since I was 16! I have sold them 10+ times! and always ending getting them back , either for free or for really cheap, I probably ade 2000 dollars on some 20 dollar wheels over that time,. lol

honda250sx
07-16-2007, 12:05 AM
Steve i bet it was sad to see it go. I can imagine. You spend so much time wrenching and making it your own only to one day have to get rid of it. You got new toys now. That 350x probably is getting the same treatment the 250's ever did.

84honda200s
07-16-2007, 09:18 AM
i sold my 1980 ski do blizzard 9500 that i did allot of custom tuning to. but i needed money and lets face it the ny winters arnt getting better. it sucked selling it. i put allot of time and money into making it the way it was. all the new owner said was "wow this should haul" thats all he said. i lowered it, painted it, shined the tunnel up inside and out and thats all he said. all it needed was a new track. well anyway man i know how you feel. its like losing a member of your family.

mad_max
07-17-2007, 11:25 PM
Steve, you still got the '85 right? You'll be allright.... now if you had NO SX... then I'd have to worry. :beer

Dirtcrasher
07-18-2007, 05:52 PM
Steve, you still got the '85 right? You'll be allright.... now if you had NO SX... then I'd have to worry. :beer

Hey bud,

Yeah, I still have the 85 with the 87 rear end, High compression and Webcam built motor, 350X headlight and carb, 250R rims, front fender and tires, canondale front master, cobra exhaust etc etc etc. I like it and drag trees around with it once and awhile :lol: But, sooner or later it was gonna snap in half on my MX track. It was time to step it up to bigger and better things.

At some point I'm gonna tear it down and PC the frame red along with some other mods so I'll have it for some time to come....

mad_max
07-20-2007, 07:46 PM
Sounds like a plan man, good luck!