PDA

View Full Version : Deatbeat payer on E-bay... What would you do?

Bigbore
07-19-2007, 10:44 AM
I hate people like this...

I had an auction for one of the Mugen pipes for the '81 250R. A guy, Ken Ives or chaplinkawasaki bid on the pipe. He sent an e-mail wanting to buy all 3 pipes. I sent him an e-mail telling him I'd sell them for $585 shipped. No response. 3 days later sent another e-mail, no response. I figured the guy didn't want them. The auction runs to the end and I send him an invoice, again no response. Over the next 10 days send 2 more invoices, NO response. I notify e-bay for non-payment, open a dispute. He response that he want me to call because he wanted to buy a lot of my 3 wheeler parts that I never said I wanted to sell (if I wanted to sell some of the stuff I had I'd put it on e-bay). I said I just wanted to be paid for what he bid on and we'll part from there. He sends a message back say " he didn't feel comfortable since I wouldn't call him and sell him other stuff so he wasn't paying.

I gave him another week to pay before leaving feedback, even gave him a last minute warning that I would leave negative feedback if he didn't pay. The bast@%d said if I left him negative feedback he'd do the same. Wrong thing to say to me. I don't scare! I've spent a lot of money on principal before, what’s a negative feedback from a POS going to hurt.

Here’s a copy of the dispute, then tell me what more I could have done or what you would have done...

eBay Jul-18-07 at 20:14:02 PDT
The Unpaid Item dispute has been closed for the following reason:
The seller has ended this communication and filed for a Final Value Fee credit.

dominicpalombo Jul-18-07 at 20:14:01 PDT
Sent 3 invoices requesting payment, no response. Followed that up with 5 more e-mails asking to send the payment for what was purchased. The buyer said that he wouldn't pay for the purchase if I didn't call him about other items that may or may not decide to sell in the future?!? All I wanted was to
be paid for the item in this auction. I tried to work with the buyer and wasted almost 3 weeks. I know they have a high rating but I would not allow them to bid on any of my auctions in the future.

dominicpalombo Jul-18-07 at 20:02:57 PDT
I won't bend to that! You should have bid if you weren't going to pay... Deadbeat.

chaplinkawasaki Jul-18-07 at 07:23:40 PDT
just remember any negative feedback left for us will be returned.

dominicpalombo Jul-16-07 at 19:36:01 PDT
Call me Tuesday morning, 8am MDT - 10am MDT about this sale. If I don't hear from you and this sale paid for I'll put it as an "unpaid" negitive strike on e-bay. 303-419-6550 Mario

chaplinkawasaki Jul-14-07 at 16:05:10 PDT
i wanted you to call because you had mentioned other parts that you might want to sell.i was very interested in buying everything you may have wanted to sell,i am no longer interested in anything at this time if you do not want to call.

dominicpalombo Jul-14-07 at 12:31:01 PDT
I don't feel that this auction needed a phone call. The description, condition and price was all included in the auction. During the auction you had ask about purchasing the other 2 additional pipes I had. I sent you 3 e-mails asking you if you wanted all 3 pipes to send $580 by paypal or using a
money order. You didn't respond other than once wanting a phone call. I deal with type for records. I sent 2 invoices for the one pipe you have yet to pay for. Payment was to be sent in 3 days

chaplinkawasaki Jul-13-07 at 14:50:12 PDT
i gave you my cell phone #,my business # and my home phone and you did not call.i wanted to buy more from you but if you cant take the time and call then i dont feel comfortable enough buying from you.

eBay Jul-11-07 at 20:10:26 PDT
An Unpaid Item dispute has been opened for the following item: Mugen ATC 250R ME360 Exhaust Pipe New!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (#280127876168)
Reason given for Unpaid Item: The buyer has not paid for the item.
Buyer actions reported by seller: The buyer's payment has not been received.

Orangecnty250r
07-19-2007, 12:23 PM
Save that email and ip adresses for ebays dispute team...... that is admitting retalitory feedback and thats how I got my only negative retalitory :mad: ...still burns me up. Chaplin sells enough and knows the business end of the transaction that they should suck it up and complete the deal if they bid!!!!! BTW I will get those pictures to you soon

Orangecnty250r
07-19-2007, 02:35 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=280127876168

I read your auction...it was very clear

ATC-Eric
07-19-2007, 04:01 PM
What a piece of work!!!!

Did you see that dudes feedback?

"very poor comunication left all my numbers and never called or emailed,scammer"

DEADBEAT!

3tigers
07-19-2007, 04:50 PM
you people only know half the story,dont believe everything you read!!!!! its so amazing how people on here only believe the people on here!!! there is another world other than 3wheelerworld.

3tigers
07-19-2007, 05:17 PM
its amazing how you can sit there and lie and say you never wanted to sell anything else.how come you dont mention any threats in your postings above? why do you leave all that out? to make you look good?

example #1: This message was sent after the listing closed.
dominicpalombo is the seller.

Pay for the purchase you made. If your purchase is not paid for by 5 pm today I'll leave negitive feedback.

example #2: This message was sent after the listing closed.

Pay for the purchase you made. If your purchase is not paid for by 5 pm today I'll leave negitive feedback.

if name calling and threats make you feel good about yourself,well more power to ya.
yeah,look at his feedback.over 11,000 postives feedbacks left,over 14,000 transactions.99.3% is much better than yours and of course your going to get negative feedbacks from tons of people.thats the nature of the beast,you cant please everyone.
who am i? i am not kenny ives but i do know the whole story.

3tigers
07-19-2007, 05:18 PM
sorry,i forgot this one.
example #3:This message was sent after the listing closed.

Must suck, having to lie about me not e-mailing you. Again, what a deatbeat! I'll be on the 3 wheeler web sites letting everyone know about you and to watch out. POS!

ATC-Eric
07-19-2007, 05:42 PM
you people only know half the story,dont believe everything you read!!!!! its so amazing how people on here only believe the people on here!!! there is another world other than 3wheelerworld.

Hmmmmm......... interesting.

Im going to go out on a limb here, are you ChaplinKawasaki?

Your guys situation got a little blown out of proportion I'd say.

3tigers
07-19-2007, 06:03 PM
not me like i said,but i do know the story.

Orangecnty250r
07-19-2007, 06:44 PM
I am still trying to figure it out.......not trying to stir things up (and believe me I am no kid who jumps to conclusions) ..regardless of what else happened or was said outside of the ebay auction ...I see a bid on a pipe that was never paid for in a reasonable amount of time right??

3tigers
07-19-2007, 07:48 PM
correct,but when someone emails you about wanting more and other items and the seller refuses to call,obviously something doesnt seem right and there is no way $600 is going to be sent to anyone.paypal is not always the safest way,you can work the system and get the money without sending anything.i know,i have been scammed before and i now know the secrets of scamming people with paypal without getting in trouble.im not arguing he didnt pay,im just saying what was said to dominic about not feeling safe and i believe it was the right thing.he started this thread just to try and put chaplin kawasaki down,and he stated that right away that he was going to bad mouth them right away.it doesnt make any sense to start this thread and ask,what do i do now??? he filed,he received his money back for the closing fee's and he left negative feedback.so what is there to talk about,why bother asking what can i do when its already done? he just wants to start trouble and bad mouth people,thats what i see.

seadoo650
07-19-2007, 09:24 PM
Not knowing either parties and being an active Ebay seller. YOU BID, YOU BUY. Period.

Bigbore
07-19-2007, 10:49 PM
its amazing how you can sit there and lie and say you never wanted to sell anything else.how come you dont mention any threats in your postings above? why do you leave all that out? to make you look good?

Kenny Ives ask what else I had. I told him, since you "know the whole story", I told him BUT said I didn't want to sell anything else other than the pipes. Figured a possible person I could keep close if I ever wanted to sell the stuff I had. No lies... I have all of the e-mails!

example #1: This message was sent after the listing closed.

example #2: This message was sent after the listing closed.

Your example #1 and #2 were the same e-mail!?!? I You should have posted the complete e-mail wherein I gave him my number and told him to call me. That was on Tuesday! I sent 2 more e-mails through the dispute process before I finally left the negitive feedback, 2 DAYS LATER! How many chances does a person need to give someone????

if name calling and threats make you feel good about yourself,well more power to ya.
yeah,look at his feedback.over 11,000 postives feedbacks left,over 14,000 transactions.99.3% is much better than yours and of course your going to get negative feedbacks from tons of people.thats the nature of the beast,you cant please everyone.

14,000 transactions??? Who cares. He still has 35 negitive in the last 12 months! End result... You bid on something you pay for it!

who am i? i am not kenny ives but i do know the whole story.

Maybe kenny didn't give you the whole story!

Bigbore
07-19-2007, 11:07 PM
correct,but when someone emails you about wanting more and other items and the seller refuses to call,obviously something doesnt seem right and there is no way $600 is going to be sent to anyone.paypal is not always the safest way,you can work the system and get the money without sending anything.i know,i have been scammed before and i now know the secrets of scamming people with paypal without getting in trouble.im not arguing he didnt pay,im just saying what was said to dominic about not feeling safe and i believe it was the right thing.he started this thread just to try and put chaplin kawasaki down,and he stated that right away that he was going to bad mouth them right away.it doesnt make any sense to start this thread and ask,what do i do now??? he filed,he received his money back for the closing fee's and he left negative feedback.so what is there to talk about,why bother asking what can i do when its already done? he just wants to start trouble and bad mouth people,thats what i see.

What is it with you and Kenny? I didn't EVER say or imply to him that I was tring or even wanted to sell anything else! I didn't want him to send $600 I only wanted him to pay for what he bought. I wasn't tring to scam anyone, ask anyone here if I've ever taken a dime from someone here and not sent what they bought or even if they had a complaint about something they got from me. And yea your right after 3, almost 4 weeks, I filed to get my fee's back. Wouldn't you???

Spend a minute and read the subject line... " What would you do?" I already turned it over to e-bay with his e-mail about leaving bad feedback in retaliation without cause. I'll let them take it from there. Nothing will happen. Now for "Bad mouthing people" Well if the shoe fits... I wasn't in the wrong. Kenny failed to complete a deal and I wanted everyone here to know about it so they could look out for him. Just tring to look out for the other guys here!

atc4everbob
07-19-2007, 11:45 PM
I'll have to take sides with Bigbore and Seadoo650. Bottom line on ebay is, you win - you buy. It's just that simple. End of story. As a Powerseller, I've had people buy from me and while an auction was still up they would ask me about additional parts I may have. In some cases the auction ends and they are high bidder. They go ahead and PAY ME for what they have won, and we continue to discuss the additional items the buyer is interested in. If possible, I'll combine shipping. In other cases, if I don't hear back from them, I'll ship the item they PAID FOR (just as I'm committed to doing). Sometimes I'll hear back from them a day or 2 later and they'll want the other items. I tell them the item they won has already shipped since I didn't hear from them. I give them a break on shipping the additional items and we're all happy. I have NEVER had a problem with somebody wanting additional items that weren't listed, so they decide to pout and not pay for the item they won.

I've gotten to know some repeat buyers so well, I've shipped their item(s) BEFORE they pay me. A repeat buyers from me had some bad run-ins with PayPal and dropped them. Now they pay by money order. If they really need the part, I'll ship before being paid. Believe this or not, these same individuals will sometimes send me a money order and ask me to find them a part, and if I need more $ for the part, let them know! Unbelievable. This has happened 6 times now, and only once I had to send them the money order back due to not being able to locate that part, then they told me I should have kept it for a "credit" to their next transaction with me. It's great to build this kind of trust with some of your valued customers, but no way will I do this for many people. So far, my money order and their item have crossed in the mail every time.

Ebay would be the ultimate shiznit if there was an absolute foolproof way to get everybody to pay for an item they won. There's another auction site where you have to give them your credit card info when signing up. If you win an auction, the final price is immediately paid for by your credit card. Problem there is people are cancelling their credit cards or letting them expire. It's sad that there's probably nothing foolproof about online auctions.

84honda200s
07-20-2007, 12:41 AM
I'll have to take sides with Bigbore and Seadoo650. Bottom line on ebay is, you win - you buy. It's just that simple. End of story. As a Powerseller, I've had people buy from me and while an auction was still up they would ask me about additional parts I may have. In some cases the auction ends and they are high bidder. They go ahead and PAY ME for what they have won, and we continue to discuss the additional items the buyer is interested in. If possible, I'll combine shipping. In other cases, if I don't hear back from them, I'll ship the item they PAID FOR (just as I'm committed to doing). Sometimes I'll hear back from them a day or 2 later and they'll want the other items. I tell them the item they won has already shipped since I didn't hear from them. I give them a break on shipping the additional items and we're all happy. I have NEVER had a problem with somebody wanting additional items that weren't listed, so they decide to pout and not pay for the item they won.

I've gotten to know some repeat buyers so well, I've shipped their item(s) BEFORE they pay me. A repeat buyers from me had some bad run-ins with PayPal and dropped them. Now they pay by money order. If they really need the part, I'll ship before being paid. Believe this or not, these same individuals will sometimes send me a money order and ask me to find them a part, and if I need more $ for the part, let them know! Unbelievable. This has happened 6 times now, and only once I had to send them the money order back due to not being able to locate that part, then they told me I should have kept it for a "credit" to their next transaction with me. It's great to build this kind of trust with some of your valued customers, but no way will I do this for many people. So far, my money order and their item have crossed in the mail every time.

Ebay would be the ultimate shiznit if there was an absolute foolproof way to get everybody to pay for an item they won. There's another auction site where you have to give them your credit card info when signing up. If you win an auction, the final price is immediately paid for by your credit card. Problem there is people are cancelling their credit cards or letting them expire. It's sad that there's probably nothing foolproof about online auctions.

i know a full proof plan. ebay can hire the mob. you dont pay the seller you get your knees busted. you dont pay again you get your knees and arms busted. if you dont pay a third time you swim with the fish.

bigbore you did the rite thing by contacting e-bay about this matter. you also did the rite thing by posting this. i have never stiffed a seller and never will. one time i overdrew my checking account to pay a seller. the way i look at it is if you bid on something and win you have a contract with the seller. actually when you but a bid in if you read it is basically a contract. well anyway thanks for the heads up bigbore.

Maico
07-20-2007, 07:05 AM
You bid...you win...you pay. Period. Regardless of what other parts the seller "might" have, I'd bet that Chaplin Kawasaki/Ken Ives would have a fit if it were Bigbore that bid and won the pipe and then backed out.

Macs
07-20-2007, 12:06 PM
i dont understand why he stated on the feedback that there were no emails communication Obviously there was. 3tigers just proved that!!!! I think that right there hurt the credibility more than anything.

250rulzes
07-20-2007, 01:58 PM
Bottom line on ebay is, you win - you buy. Nuff Said? It does not matter who writes what for feedback as hostility progresses. The auction speaks for itself. Completing a transaction does not mean, “What other parts may I buy from you?” You win, you pay and you do your best to communicate with the seller on getting the item you won? Interested in other parts from the seller? ASK him, but don't hold an auction over the sellers head until you hear what you want to hear?

Out…

RedRider_AK
07-20-2007, 04:56 PM
I think 3tigers is ChaplinKawasaki, he referred to the auction person as "me" a few times in the posts...

P.S. I don't get why this is such a huge problem. Isn't it cut and dried, the guy won the auction and didn't pay...

Billy Golightly
07-20-2007, 05:17 PM
I JUST removed the ebay pain in the ass rules display page this week, and I'm already gonna have to put it back I think :lol:

82300R
07-21-2007, 05:54 PM
you bid, you win, you PAY! you sell, you get 1 cent for your item send it. nothing pisses me off more than a dishonest person. you wanna buy something else from a seller? get them to list it or work out a deal. plain and simple. bid on something pay for it.:rolleyes:

rg97
01-21-2014, 06:10 PM
Sorry to go thread digging but I wanted people to be aware of A person in canada that bought a set of fenders from me...
Was the only bid, $150
Sent an email to me before the auction was over, "Will you ship to ***(address)***, Alberta, Canada?"
I told him that I would but shipping may be a pain because it would be expensive. I told him I would get back to him on a cost.
Next day I end him a message that it would cost $30 to ship to his address.
Auction ends, I send him an invoice (with the shipping cost) saying that I have a 3 day pay policy, if not paid I will open a case and relist the item.
Over 5 days later (i forgot to open a case whoops) he emails me and says that eBay wont let him check out. I send him another invoice in case the first did not go through.
Ever since I sent him that email and opened a case on him, he has fallen off the map. No communication with eBay or me though countless emails have been sent.
I just relisted the fenders.
I hate dealing with people likethis!!!!!