PDA

View Full Version : 88 honda trx3004x4

brapp
07-21-2007, 12:21 PM
her eis my girlfriends quad she runs around with for the mean time

wheelie king
07-21-2007, 05:36 PM
Talk about the ole' reliable!!!! I had one of those. ....broke the front axles being an idiot on some jumps. The 28 inch tires I had on it did not help, either.

Those were (and are) good bikes.

brapp
07-21-2007, 06:25 PM
yeah the thign is reliable and doesnt miss a beat.
i ended up gettign rid of a newer yamaha big bear 400 and kept this cause it wa sbetter but i just put a pic up to show someoen who might be interested in it what it looke dlike.

atctim
07-21-2007, 06:33 PM
I truly believe these to be the Big Red of Quads. They were still building in the toughness when this bike came out! The term "bullet proof" comes to mind.

Working on one for the father in law right now.

brapp
07-21-2007, 10:42 PM
it seams the front axle is the weak link on these quads. this one has the cvjoint out of it so its only 3wheeldrive. and i was stillbombign trough 2 foot of snow lastsummer with bald tires. but hopefully i willbe tradign it for somethign more bigger and utility oriented. or sellit outright for 800bux

RedRider_AK
07-22-2007, 07:40 PM
I remember I drove one of those a little while back. This particular one had been through hell and back, the front fenders were ripped off, it had like 4 electrical systems wired into it to make it work, and the rear gear case was shattered so it only had front-wheel drive. It couldn't make it up a 10 degree incline, the tires would just slip and wheelhop all over the place....