PDA

View Full Version : Time to come clean!!

azhondagrl
07-23-2007, 02:50 AM
Well ladies and gentlemen.. Here's how it happened!!!!

My dad was born and raised in Salem Oregon, and moved to Arizona when he was in the airforce. I was born here in Mesa and grew up visiting family in Oregon. I also always said I would live there someday.

Everytime I thought about moving I was either in school, or had family commitments here that would prevent me from moving. Within the last year, I'd managed to convince myself that I was ok living in Arizona for the rest of my life because this where everything I have is. However, when up at the last rampage and drove back from visiting my grandma I did a lot of thinking.

This takes me to the present day. I had an epiphany one night and realized that I'm no longer in school and have no family commitments that I need to stick around here for. I realized that what I had done was truely "convinced" myself that Arizona was ok for me, but that I would never know if my dream of wanting to live in Oregon was real if I didn't just go for it! So I tracked down a job and am moving up there.

I am flying up August 16th to secure my job, which will be in Corvallis. While I"m up there I will also be scoping out where I will live. I've got a place to look at in Albany, Corvallis, and a possibility in Halsey. My UHAUL is booked for September 12 and my friend and I are making a road trip out of it and driving up there!

There will be things I will miss here....friends, family, being 4 hours from Glamis......but hopefully It will all be worth it. And if its not? Well...then I will move back to Arizona. But I'm not gonna lie....I cannot WAIT to go!!!!!

RedRider_AK
07-23-2007, 03:02 AM
Wish you luck!

84honda200s
07-23-2007, 04:43 AM
good luck and i wish you well.

Mr. Clean
07-23-2007, 10:04 AM
You still have the Oregon dunes to ride, never been to Glamis but as you know the Oregon dunes are awesome.

SYKO
07-23-2007, 10:07 AM
good luck steph! you know how I feal about staying here, dont comit yourself to the same fate! GO FOR IT!

azhondagrl
07-23-2007, 10:26 AM
I definitly have the Oregon dunes still...and Glamis isnt' going anywhere it just won't be as close. =)

yeah skyo, I hear ya....I'm taking the opportunity while I've got it and running with it. Thanks for the support!!!

Mr. Clean
07-23-2007, 10:34 AM
I have been looking for work in that area for about 6 months or so. Hard to find a job that will pay the bills in that region. Specifically the coastal area. I went to Coos Bay back in May and love it there. I am so ready to get out of Florida.

SYKO
07-23-2007, 10:47 AM
dont you do it! MIKE! damnit! all my freinds moving away! errrrr.......

edit: I cant say much, I dont like it here an GA, but I will make due. Always thought I could do alot better out west were I can use my skills and make a decent living at it as well is a little recgonition for it (yea I f'ed that spelling up!)
I kinda can agree with you mike about fl, at least you live in Tampa, thats one of the better cities in FL in my opinion, but non the less, its getting over crowded and the expense of living is increasing without and increas in the income of the state.

Mr. Clean
07-23-2007, 10:56 AM
dont you do it! MIKE! damnit! all my freinds moving away! errrrr.......

edit: I cant say much, I dont like it here an GA, but I will make due. Always thought I could do alot better out west were I can use my skills and make a decent living at it as well is a little recgonition for it (yea I f'ed that spelling up!)
I kinda can agree with you mike about fl, at least you live in Tampa, thats one of the better cities in FL in my opinion, but non the less, its getting over crowded and the expense of living is increasing without and increas in the income of the state.

Like AZhondagirl, born and raised in AZ, I am a native Floridian, time for a change. You can always come and visit, I will have a 250r duner for ya! :welcome:

azhondagrl
07-23-2007, 01:41 PM
I got lucky in that I can stay with my company and move up and work for a different Agent up there doing the same thing I do here. My biggest expense is the actual move so as long as I make it up there I should be ok. lol.

Chevy- if there is anything I can help you with once I'm up there let me know!! I'm not gonna know what to do when I actually have 4 seasons there. I'm so used to hot, and not hot...woudln't even classify it as ever really cold here. hahaha.

Mr. Clean
07-23-2007, 02:40 PM
Chevy- if there is anything I can help you with once I'm up there let me know!! I'm not gonna know what to do when I actually have 4 seasons there. I'm so used to hot, and not hot...woudln't even classify it as ever really cold here. hahaha.

I wish Honeywell had opportunities in NorCal or Oregon. They have facilities in Phoenix and Tempe. I have thought about going there first and then going to Oregon. I will take you up on your offer. Thanks!!

ceaserthethird
07-23-2007, 03:01 PM
azhondagrl - Let me know when you settle in so we can ride the dunes or the Trails ???

I'm in Portland ... Rain ... Rain ... Rain ...and some more LOL , Haven't seen the sun in months LOL

azhondagrl
07-23-2007, 03:45 PM
azhondagrl - Let me know when you settle in so we can ride the dunes or the Trails ???

I'm in Portland ... Rain ... Rain ... Rain ...and some more LOL , Haven't seen the sun in months LOL

and i too will take YOU up your offer my friend. I'd love to see what trails Oregon has to offer. ohhhh I'm getting excited!!!

Corvallis is a little more mild than Portland? Or am I misinformed? lol.

ceaserthethird
07-23-2007, 05:48 PM
Yes corvallis is Mild ... ;)

So what are your current rides ? ? ?

azhondagrl
07-23-2007, 05:55 PM
Yes corvallis is Mild ... ;)

So what are your current rides ? ? ?

no seriously though.....I know what Oregon weather is like in the winter...I go up to snowboard. But I'm just curious if Corvallis is as cold and wet and rainy as portland? or if they're equal?

I ride an 87 TRX250r....no trikes anymore, still gonna :welcome: me? haha.

ceaserthethird
07-24-2007, 04:00 AM
Well with Oregon weather most of the time the Stormes come in from the North West ..... You'll be ok

azhondagrl
07-24-2007, 10:37 AM
Well either way....Im ready. I love the storms, i love the rain there....it doesn't usually hinder the things I like to do. =)

gplarryv
07-24-2007, 12:47 PM
[QUOTE=azhondagrl;515337] which will be in Corvallis.

MY COUSINS GREW UP IN CORVALLIS

Larry

edog
07-25-2007, 07:52 PM
Oregon the Volcanic State.

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=Oregon+the+Volcanic+State.&ei=UTF-8&fr=moz2