PDA

View Full Version : What to look for on used blasters?

Dynofox
05-08-2003, 02:17 PM
Well we've decided to look at a few blasters this weekend for my brother. Other than the common things to look for on a used atv are there any certain areas to look at on blasters?

Wickedfinger
05-08-2003, 03:53 PM
Blasters are pretty resilliant quads - the usual things to look for on most used quads don't necessarily apply to them. Because they are so narrow, they don't bend axles alot, The brake systems are manual - no hydrolics - so if anything is wrong with them, they can be fixed with a wrench and spray lube. Some things I would look for are: Oil injection block off - I wouldnt buy one without the oil system intact - too much risk of someone running it on straight gas, of-course check the frame, a beatup front bumper/rear graber - a sure sign that the quad was neglected, rear bearings, sprockets and carrier - they have a pain in the ass adjustment so it probably wasn't done right and for some reason, Blasters are owned and ridden by people who are way too big and heavy for them so all of this ads up to blown bearings and worn sprockets - lastly I would check the airfilter to see if its on right and or dirty. Hope this helps.

Dynofox
05-08-2003, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the tips! :-D