PDA

View Full Version : idea rolling around my head....86 t3

scooterroo
07-23-2007, 08:18 PM
i have been tossing the ideas thru my head like crazy about my 86 t3 roller i have. thinking of going with a kx500 motor at first, then thinking of going with just a 250 like should be in it. but heres a new idea that me and digityx got to talking about. seeing is how i already have the complete radiator set up on the bike, and i already have the 85 t3 which will be getting finished as soon as the blasters done, i need a trail trike. what do you all think it would take to drop a mojave 250 motor into the 86t3 frame. something thats jsut rolling around in my head. dont get me wrong, i love my 2 strokes, and all, but i want a cool, different, 4 stroke to go trail riding with and not have to worry bout fouling plugs and such. something i could put put with if i wanna. i think it would be cool as all hell looking, but what do you think? and what do you think it would take to accomplish this?

icp4life162005
07-23-2007, 08:35 PM
it would be cool, but i would op for a larger motor than a 250. 400 maybe?

BigGreenMachine
07-23-2007, 08:39 PM
The Mojave motor would need to be offset a bunch in the Tecate frame to make the sprockets line up.

I think a newer KX250 with proper jetting and a flywheel weight/reed spacer/low gearing would make a great trail motor and still have the power to really hammer in the open when you want.

As for the mojave, it would be cool but keep thinking that your Blaster stock will beat it in a power contest.

If your set on a four poke then look into the XR400.

Jason Hall
07-23-2007, 09:28 PM
I think you should try & do It. Start measuring to see If the sprocket will line up and the top of the engine still clear's the tank.

hrc85250r
07-23-2007, 09:35 PM
first, why waste a tecate frame by modding it to fit a *MOJAVE* motor in it. just set up your tecate motor for trails and if it is jetted RIGHT it will never foul plugs i havent fouled a plug in 2 years! i just change it once in a while. i would build a completely custom frame if i was to have a 3 wheeled mojave.

cr480r
07-24-2007, 03:59 AM
first, why waste a tecate frame by modding it to fit a *MOJAVE* motor in it. just set up your tecate motor for trails and if it is jetted RIGHT it will never foul plugs i havent fouled a plug in 2 years! i just change it once in a while. i would build a completely custom frame if i was to have a 3 wheeled mojave.

X2..............