PDA

View Full Version : Questions about 70atc

roadster
05-08-2003, 10:43 PM
I just bought a 70atc for my son. It needs a coil and a few other pieces. It did need a pull start, but I found one on Ebay. I paid quite a bit for the part because I became nervous after searching for awhile and not being able to find it. If anyone else out there restoring or has restored a 70, it would be great to get any information on the trike and any tips someone might have. Does anyone know if parts are interchangable with other trikes or 70 minibikes. Hope for some help! Roadster

FullBore
05-09-2003, 01:52 PM
If its a 3 speed engine most of the parts are interchangable with the Cub 70 and the 70c mini bikes, if its a 4 speed I think the gearbox is a lot different.
Also, do yourself a favour and buy yourself a Haynes or Clymer, it'll be the best $20 that you every spent! if the manual can't help you then ask here.

Nat

Howdy
05-09-2003, 02:11 PM
I'm 100% with Fullbore on this one. I prefer a Clymer manual over Haynes. They are priceless. One repair and it's paid for.

Just to add more info, I am 99.9% sure all the 70cc motor ( atc, ct, sl ) top ends are the same.

Yes, Good Pull starters and gas tanks for the atc70's fetch big money on Ebay. They are harder to find.

Howdy