PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Scammer's

Erics350x
07-28-2007, 09:37 AM
I listed a truck for sale on Topix in the classifieds and this guy contacted me. Here is the email . It has a couple of replys so start at the bottom.

Woollums ,

Honestly i'm really greatful for your respond,this shows that you really want to get rid of the [ 1990 Dodge Dakota].Concerning the shipment, i have a shipper company that will handle the shipment so you dont need to bother about the shipment.However, A client of mine in the states who his owing me some funds of ($3,700) will be instructed to issue out a check drawn from US Bank in your name and once it clear you will have to deduct the cost of the 1990 Dodge Dakota) which is ($500) and the remaining balance will be send back to my Shipper company via Western Union Money Transfer for immediate shipping arrangment.I will be needing your mailling address in the main time and will let you know when your address has been forwarded to my cleint.He will require all the information listed below such as;
*Full Name:
*Address:
*City:
*State:
*Zipcode:
Home/Cell Phone Number{s]

Hope to read from you soonest...
Warm Regards.

NOTE: THE CHECK WILL CLEAR YOUR BANK BEFORE THE SHIPPER COME FOR THE PICK UP.

woollums <woollums@cox.net> wrote:
$500 or best offer. It got dark before i could take some pictures so i'll
have to do it in the morning.
----- Original Message -----
To: "woollums"
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2007 10:35 PM
Subject: Re: 1990 Dodge Dakota

> How much are you selling it?
>
>
> __________________________________________________ _________
> Yahoo! Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less, sign up
> for
> your free account today
> http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/mail/winter07.html
>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yahoo! Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Try it now.

wheelie king
07-28-2007, 10:03 AM
Don't touch that with a 10 foot pole, brotha. Bad news.

It is obviously someone (whose native language is DEFINITLY NOT English) trying to pull one over on you.

I had someone try this on me.:rolleyes:

I would either not reply, or just reply with the price, pics, and where he can come see the truck if interested (meet him somewhere other than your house if you are suspicious). Basically, tell him no wire transfers, no quick-change schemes, etc. Keep the ball in his court.;) He'll leave you alone when he figures out your not a sucker!:lol:

j.Lawson
07-28-2007, 10:12 AM
Yup, I sold a tri-z on craigslist and It was on there for about a week or so and I got atleast 15 of those kinda responses. Funny thing is a few were word for word what yours says, just different amounts of money. I would reply with this: CASH ONLY SCAMMER, I would type it about 50 times :crazy: .

Anyway, yeah. I hate scammers

Dustin87R
07-28-2007, 11:28 AM
I hate those scammers! I got that same email several times when I had my 200x posted on craigslist.

Dammit!
07-28-2007, 11:38 AM
A friend of mine's sister fell for that on ebay. Now she owes the bank $3000.

Erics350x
07-28-2007, 11:41 AM
A friend of mine's sister fell for that on ebay. Now she owes the bank $3000.

Wow, that sucks.

Dammit!
07-28-2007, 11:48 AM
Yeah and the messed up thing is she was selling some stuff for her brother, not even for herself. Don't think he's going to help her either.

LonesomeTriZ
07-28-2007, 12:04 PM
I can not beleive people still fall for that crap. I might se a select few doing it before it was so common, but come on. How stupid do you have to be? That is why I have no sympathy for stupid people.

84honda200s
07-28-2007, 12:46 PM
stupid crap scamers. i would type cash only the below it i would say eat me scamer.

LonesomeTriZ
07-28-2007, 06:21 PM
Is the truck still For Sale?

Trouble
07-28-2007, 06:31 PM
i have gotting about 5 of them, well trying to sell my gocart on there. i HATE them.

Erics350x
07-28-2007, 11:34 PM
Is the truck still For Sale?

Yes. I have it listed on craigslist in the pensacola florida section.

SYKO
07-28-2007, 11:56 PM
for 500 whats wrong with it?

LonesomeTriZ
07-29-2007, 07:51 AM
Do you have a link? I have never navigated Craigslist.

Erics350x
07-29-2007, 09:25 AM
i'll be adding pics later today. http://pensacola.craigslist.org/car/382926090.html

Dirtcrasher
07-29-2007, 11:06 AM
Thats crazy, there are so many scammers out there today. I'm sure ALLOT of people fall for them.

I got a new more creative one the other day. It was an EBAY "Message to seller" and it read. "Hey bud, the auctions almost over and it's not selling. You can have it for the amount we discussed". It looked like an entirely legitimate EBAY message. It brings you to a sign in page like all the others.

I wonder how much these guys really take in??

LonesomeTriZ
07-29-2007, 04:14 PM
A real ebay mesage will not have a link to sign in. I use to fall for that myself. Never sign in from a link.