PDA

View Full Version : Breeze carb question

ccdhowell
07-28-2007, 10:30 PM
I have a '04 Yamaha Breeze for my daughter. I bought it a few months back and haven't looked at it real good yet, but it has a problem. It runs really rich. I put a new air filter, K&N in the stock box and it didn't seem to help the rich condition at all.

We went riding a couple days ago, several times that day I looked at the carb pretty close while on the quad. I was looking for an air screw to turn out and never found one.

The engine won't idle at anywhere near the correct speed. I can turn up the idle and it will idle fine, but when I try to bring the idle speed down to something normal...it dies. Probably a function of the rich condition.

How do I lean-up the carb?

Help, it's bumming my daughter out for the little quad to not run right, she's loosing interest because I can't get this thing fixed.

Thanks, Chris

RedRider_AK
07-29-2007, 03:30 AM
Did you check to see if the choke is permanently on?

ccdhowell
07-29-2007, 07:46 AM
No, but the choke seems to effect idle, pull it out and it idles even higher.

RedRider_AK
07-29-2007, 05:08 PM
That means that it's running too lean.

ccdhowell
07-29-2007, 09:37 PM
Hey red, the plugs I take out of it when it will no longer run are very black and have that almost wet look to them, looks like a rich condition to me.

Is there an air screw or slow mix screw on that carb or inside it?

I guess I'll have to buy that damned expensive Yamaha shop manual for this thing.

Thanks, Chris