PDA

View Full Version : South jersey teen killed in ATV accident

3Wheelers4Life
07-31-2007, 04:50 PM
South jersey teen killed in ATV accident. i just seen it on CBS3 news. it said something like parents formed a group or something and are trying to get more ATV laws:mad:. here we go again:rolleyes:. the ATV was stuck on the train tracks and the girl was trying to get it off and a train came, hit the atv, and the atv hit her and killed her. it was the atvs fault right:rolleyes:. now if she was trying to pick a ball of the track and she got killed, it just would have been an accident right, or would it be the balls fault:rolleyes:? it was her own fault that she was hit. anything with an engine is automatically dangerous right:rolleyes:? but everything without and engine is safe:rolleyes:? what do you guys think? just my opinions.
http://cbs3.com/video/?id=43548@kyw.dayport.com
http://cbs3.com/topstories/local_story_211172636.html

super90
07-31-2007, 05:16 PM
Stupid people like that are going to get the tracks monitored and completely shutdown. Even though its illegal they dont enforce it here. I mean come on? Why wouldnt someone have enough common sense to get AWAY from the train coming? An ATV is going to get pushed or launched when it gets hit, thats the key to move far away. Maybe im missing a part of the story but it sounds like some people were lacking some common sense...

-I just watched it again and some lady said put up fences along the tracks, If that happens here, 1. there going to have to use ALOT of fence. 2. Im not going to be very happy that I have to ride the road to uni-mart :mad:

G-MAN-1
07-31-2007, 10:22 PM
Typical. All Our Riding Spots Here Where I Live Were Lost Due To New Jersey Riders Riding Where They Werent Suppose To Be.

mymint87
08-01-2007, 09:34 PM
. I mean come on? Why wouldnt someone have enough common sense to get AWAY from the train coming? :mad:

I did a few jobs for the west coast railway as a contractor, had to go through special training.....even though they are huge machines, they can be absolutely silent when the locomotive is pushing and at the rear of the train...

deathman53
08-01-2007, 10:00 PM
the trains by me are the furthest thing from quiet, you can hear the noise and see the light coming at some distance. I ride the tracks all the time on my dirtbike, when I see a train, I move the side and let the train pass. Alot of times I out run them badly(they move rather slow around here). I agree, trains usually blow the horn at the site of anything infront of them, why didn't they just get away from the atv and watch it fly, instead of someones life taken??? Just another way idiots ruin everything.

Scooter77
08-02-2007, 12:11 AM
I tripped over a tree root the other day....We need more laws against nature. Instead of the parents blaming the wheeler...They should look in the damn mirror and blame themselves for letting her ride it if they thought they were that dangerous. Also why on earth did the kid sit there and get hit by a train? If my wheeler was stuck i would have just ran like hell and took cover if possible. People need to wake up and see that the world itself is a dangerous place. If they dont like wheelers..than hows aboot they sit on there boring asses and stay off of them..problem solved....And the ones that do hop on them are accepting the risk factor and there for stating that they know they can get hurt or die. I swear man if some people had it there way, We would all be scared little shits living in plastic bubbles in our padded houses only stepping out side if we had to go to work. How i see it.....Go hide in a corner if you like..and live a boring ass life right up to a ripe old age (if your active enough) but your ass is still gonna die. I'd rather take the risk and ride my bikes....Or shoot my guns...Or whatever other dangerous thing i do for fun. People are a wee to pussyfied for my liking these days.