PDA

View Full Version : A friend’s child was almost kidnapped.

LonesomeTriZ
08-02-2007, 09:39 AM
A couple of day ago some friends of ours had just gotten home from shopping. The parents along with their 14 year old daughter were taking things inside while the 9 year old stayed in the Navigator to finish a video game. Every one but the nine year old just happen to be inside at the same time for only a minute. It was then a black male opened the passenger side door and asked the nine year old if she had seen a dog. She shook her head then he asked if you parents were home. She then nodded and with in a second the man climbed across the vehicle into the driver’s seat, closed the driver’s door and drove off. The little girl had to jump out. Neither the vehicle nor the man has been found. This is more than a vehicle theft. He knew she was in there and he tried to take her. They live in an upscale “safe” neighborhood as well.

ATC-Eric
08-02-2007, 10:32 AM
Holy Cow!!!!

Im glad she's a smart girl, and that she is okay! Had enough sense to bail out.

Pretty crazy.

wheelie king
08-02-2007, 10:32 AM
Always be aware of your surroundings and watch out for one another.

Like we say in my business, "be safe out there"

LonesomeTriZ
08-02-2007, 10:44 AM
I think he targeted her. He waited until she was alone then struck. Most car thieves would have left the vehicle alone once they saw the child. Not too many want to go to jail for kidnapping.

Scooter77
08-03-2007, 12:49 AM
Theres no such thing as a safe neighborhood. Up scale means more to steal and lower scale means more losers to do it. That my friends is why i have more guns than most gun shops and keep one handy at all times. :beer

LonesomeTriZ
08-03-2007, 01:01 AM
I try to keep one close by al the time as well. But in a situation like this, I doubt it would have done any good.

Xowner
08-03-2007, 06:26 PM
i wouldnt want to be the person to take the shot at the guy with the kid in the car. you never know what metal object it might hit and then theres no telling were it would go!

LonesomeTriZ
08-03-2007, 07:37 PM
Thare would have to be a lot of thought put into before the trigger is squeezed. You have a million things to consider in but a brief moment.

85hondaatc125m
08-03-2007, 11:35 PM
Luckily she was smart enough to get out of there! I hate to steal a thread but I got a story kind of like that, about 10 years ago, Me, I would have been 4 at the time, my brother, 6 at the time, my mom and my dad were heading out of town and stopped at a bar/restaurant/gas station for gas, well my mom filled the car up and my dad got out for a smoke while me and my brother were in the backseat in child seats, seeing as how my dad was just outside of the car, standing aways away but there, my mom left the keys in it, well a guy walks up to the car and says something like " hey kids, want to go for a drive" (cant remember that good I was young) and hopped in the car started it about take off, luckily my dad saw the guy walking toward the car, and by the time the guy had the car started my dad was there to pull him out and "teach him a little lesson." All of this happened just off of the highway heading from a small town to a small town, it really can happen anywhere.

LonesomeTriZ
08-03-2007, 11:37 PM
What haapened to that guy?

El'Capitan
08-03-2007, 11:39 PM
mmmm, a black male...surprised?

85hondaatc125m
08-03-2007, 11:45 PM
What haapened to that guy?
My dad got him to the ground and held there nearly unconcious while my mom phoned the police and the RCMP came out and arrested him.

mmmm, a black male...surprised?
I dont want to be racist, but I have to agree with you, the guy that tried to take my moms car, me and my brother was a "Native American" which are quiet popular out here for gangs, violence and crap.

smokinwrench
08-03-2007, 11:51 PM
That kind of stuff happens everywhere these days. It is so scary, but you can't stop living and stay couped up in your house and be scared of everything in life.

I think if the law was more strick on ciminals we wouldn't have near the problems we have. I think all pedalfiles (sp?) should be castrated! I bet they would be scared to get caught after the news reported a few had already been performed.

LonesomeTriZ
08-04-2007, 12:00 AM
You can not cure them. Even if you castrated them, they still have the desire to continue. it is better to just kill them and get it over with.

El'Capitan
08-04-2007, 01:00 AM
That kind of stuff happens everywhere these days. It is so scary, but you can't stop living and stay couped up in your house and be scared of everything in life.

I think if the law was more strick on ciminals we wouldn't have near the problems we have. I think all pedalfiles (sp?) should be castrated! I bet they would be scared to get caught after the news reported a few had already been performed.

you should watch the movie Hard Candy http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0424136/

pretty much this girl falls into a pedo's trap and things flip on him, yes castration is involved.

tbirdscott
08-04-2007, 02:50 AM
Smart girl to jump out like that, lord knows what could have happened otherwise.

This is the reason I live 55km from the city in the middle of nowhere at the end of a dead end street with no other houses on it, if a mouse farts within 100m of my yard I know about it. We have a big shepard, a pitbull, and firearms. I never even bother locking the doors.

I think the death penalty needs to be embraced my every state/province, Rapists and pedophiles should only need to get caught once to end up there followed closely by theives. Recently a convicted pedo was released in town, he is a high risk and all his info/pictures were in the papers, news and radio, didnt last a month and he was caught parked beside a playground.. whoever decided he should get out needs to be imprisoned IMO

Scott

LonesomeTriZ
08-04-2007, 08:48 AM
Like I said, you can not cure them. It is a part of who they are and should be put down the first time.

That movie looks intersteing. I think i will try and find it.

85ytz250n
08-06-2007, 12:13 AM
Lonesome, they arent the only ones that should be put down. I think we would be paying less taxes if more of them were put down instead of spending their life in jail. I think the other 49 could learn alot from the state of Texas. maybe the threee strikes law should be applied with a far worse consequence. Might even help with the cost of welfare and other public assistance, maybe then the people that need help could get it.

Barry

LonesomeTriZ
08-06-2007, 07:37 AM
Don't get me started on that. If I post a full explantion of how I feel about it, I am sure several others will get on here and tell me how wrong I am for feeling that way.

I'll just say I agree with you and then some.

LonesomeTriZ
08-07-2007, 10:10 PM
I spoke with the parents of this child earleir today. They still have heard nothing. They went ahead and changed the door locks (because he got thier kyes) and are taking other precautions. The family agrees that they were targeted. So, a move might be in thier future.