PDA

View Full Version : Where do you get your car and truck performance parts from?

LonesomeTriZ
08-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Okay, I have been out of the game for a while now. I use to know where to get every thing at a cheaper than dirt price. Now, I only know Summit. Even though their prices are tough to beat, I use to be able to find the places that could. Now, I am lost and have to start all over. I am looking for a good dual electric fan set up for my wife’s’ F250. I found one from Flex-A-Lite that I really like. But the $458 price tag scares me. Where do you all get your performance parts from?

Mike_Ham_250R
08-03-2007, 09:35 PM
http://americanmuscle.com :p :D

LonesomeTriZ
08-03-2007, 09:53 PM
Nice, if I was into Stanges, that would help me. I still enjoyed the pictures though.

xd 200x
08-03-2007, 11:28 PM
Summit racing exit 29 in Tallmadge, 4 wheel drive parts, and jegs

LonesomeTriZ
08-03-2007, 11:30 PM
Hey, I forgot about 4 wheel drive parts. They do have some good prices from time to time.

Jolly Roger
08-09-2007, 10:57 PM
I don't know if they have what your looking for, but I like http://www.autoanything.com/

LonesomeTriZ
08-09-2007, 11:46 PM
That is pretty cool. Thank you for the link.

SWIGIN
08-10-2007, 08:17 AM
if you want cheap fans use ford taurus car fans. the racers on another fourum i go to sware by them.

LonesomeTriZ
08-10-2007, 09:33 AM
That would work fine for cars or even small trucks. But I need somehting that will move a much larger volume of air. This is a n F250 I am working on and we do tow with it. Plus, we sure like the air conditioner as well. Small fans will not move enough air.

SYKO
08-10-2007, 09:56 AM
I say get a big inverter and mount 2 squirl cage fans up front blowing into the radiator, that will move some air! then run some large air ducts to them, and tell everone your dual blower turbo'd desiel!

LonesomeTriZ
08-10-2007, 10:15 AM
Now why did I not think about that? A system like that sure would make the truck run cooler.

By the way, what all are you doing to your truck while it is torn down? Other than suspension, any performance stuff?

85hondaatc125m
08-10-2007, 12:13 PM
I order all of my stuff from summit because they have a 100% price match gaurantee,and they have everything, peformance parts, lights, exterior parts tires ect ect. and shipping and handling for most things to the U.S. is just a flat 10.95.

SYKO
08-10-2007, 02:32 PM
Now why did I not think about that? A system like that sure would make the truck run cooler.

By the way, what all are you doing to your truck while it is torn down? Other than suspension, any performance stuff?

what?! IVE BEN driving it! my interceptor has 2 bad tires so im sporten the 1fiddy around right now. performance? well, this 4.6 runs perfect and gets stupid sick wicked mileage, so for right now its just got the usuall k&n and flowmaster on it, but I know some peeps that are big into getting every last ounce of gogo out of these modular motors, and i will hit them up when the times comes, and/or the motor gets to tired and zonks out on me.

jason85atc250r
08-10-2007, 02:35 PM
That would work fine for cars or even small trucks. But I need somehting that will move a much larger volume of air. This is a n F250 I am working on and we do tow with it. Plus, we sure like the air conditioner as well. Small fans will not move enough air.

those taurus fans Swigin was saying about are around 16" in diameter and are 2 speeds. they woukld work on yoyur truck if they work on somebodies biult mustang GT

LonesomeTriZ
08-10-2007, 09:28 PM
16 inch!? I did not know that. How the hell do they have enough room? I will have to see how they are set up. I may try that. danm, 16 inch...

I agree with summiot being hard to beat. Their selection and pricing kicks ass. But when it is out of budget, it is out of budget. That is wen it is time to get creative. and that is the purpose of this thread.

I gochu Allen. I understand that. Besides, no need to go fast when you look so damn cool.

Damn, 16 inch, I am still hung up on that. What year break should I look for?

Jolly Roger
08-11-2007, 12:03 PM

Yeah, just the usual k&n and flowmaster (there is not a better combo). If you want some quick tips it would be helpful for you to tell us a little bit more about your truck (year, motor, tranny). The '99-'04 5.4, 6.8, and 7.3 all have about the same setup under the hood, from '05 and up I don't know they may be the same. If your truck fits in here I have a quick fix on the air intake, turns your stocker into something that is almost as good as ram-air!!!:w00t:

LonesomeTriZ
08-11-2007, 02:57 PM
Nah, it is not that new. We run older body styles. Hers is a 96 Ford F250 with a 351 and automatic. Right now the engine is stock. But it will be due for a rebiuld soon. I will then do some mild mods. The truck is used for our light pulling.

jason85atc250r
08-11-2007, 07:23 PM
16 inch!? I did not know that. How the hell do they have enough room? I will have to see how they are set up. I may try that. danm, 16 inch...

I agree with summiot being hard to beat. Their selection and pricing kicks ass. But when it is out of budget, it is out of budget. That is wen it is time to get creative. and that is the purpose of this thread.

I gochu Allen. I understand that. Besides, no need to go fast when you look so damn cool.

Damn, 16 inch, I am still hung up on that. What year break should I look for?

they are from 94 and 95 ford taurus's with the 3.8 engine. they have a real shallow motor plus it's a 2 speed fan. the motor only sticks out barely a inch past the housing. the older ones have a bigger motor that sticksd out 3"

i bought one at a U pull-it junk yard for $10 to put on my toyota rock crawler some day.

guys use them on toyota trucks and you just have to just redrill the mounting holes. they bolt them to where the stock shroud goes. the older ones like i said above won't clear the front off the motor.

i guess they work awesome on Mustangs like my brother said.

LonesomeTriZ
08-11-2007, 08:29 PM
I am hitting some new found yard next week. I plan to dig one up if I can.