PDA

View Full Version : skidoo motor in my trike ..How?

Custom200
08-10-2007, 10:15 PM
I seen the 340dx projsct an it got my wheels turning. I have a 200s frame and a 1979 artic cat spirt i aquired from a friend. because he relazied a ski doo motor in a trike would be wikked. the motor is a small motor and fitting it in bike isnt hard but i would like to know how to hook it up to the rear end and make it move. can anyonr help. pics are good.

trimoto.125
08-10-2007, 11:12 PM
Are you sure that the arctic cat spirit motor by suzuki runs? It was always common for the old spirit motors to have electrical meltdowns.

If it does run, you will have to hookup the seconday clutch. You will have to create a jackshaft or shorten the secondary clutch dive axel (to line up with the rear 200 sprocket) and you will have to mount the secondary axel with bearings and housings. I'm not sure what the 200s frame looks like so I can't help you with mounting the motor.

trimoto.125
08-15-2007, 12:46 PM
Heres a link to help you with youre project.

www.geocities.com/teampullaris/BulletPage.htm

hondahaulic
08-17-2007, 01:19 AM
If your not worried about rear suspension, your project should be quite a bit easier than my 340dx project because i had to custom make an entire swingarm and fit a 200s axle to it to get rid of the shaft drive. you'll have to have the motor along with room for both clutches and a jackshaft. If you make mounts for the motor first make sure you leave room for the secondary clutch and jackshaft. My whole motor had to be offset to the left slightly in order to get the sprocket to not interfere with the secondary clutch. The secondary clutch will power the jackshaft and your front sprocket goes on the jackshaft to send power to the rear with a chain. You might want to check out the thread on erectordale's E.T. trike, it was what inspired me to build mine.

84honda200s
08-17-2007, 01:29 AM
dales trike is a beast. 670 rotax in a trike :drool:. im thinking about putting my 440cc kowasaki invader liquid engine in a small quad frame. im not 100% sure if im doing it yet.

trimoto.125
08-17-2007, 09:22 PM
would it be hard to set up a skidoo motor in a polaris belt drive atv. Is the polaris secondary similar so a snowmobile one.