PDA

View Full Version : turbo'd atv

Jolly Roger
08-13-2007, 03:36 PM
I was watching some youtube and kept coming across turbo raptors and banshee vids. So naturaly I started searching the net for them, hopeing to find one that would fit my machine. Why do they still make performance parts for a 250R that was dicontinued 20 years ago, but the only thing I can find for my Foreman is some damn overpriced muffler? This really gets under my skin, I like sport quads and trikes and want one of my own, but where all are the performace goodies for us trailriders? We need some extra umph every know and then, espeacialy with 27s.

Does anybody have an atv with a turbo or super on it? Do you guys know where to get them or anything about one?

This is just me thinking out loud here, but I want a turbo for my Foreman. Could a small turbo off of a car or tractor be used on an atv?

oldsking86
08-13-2007, 04:03 PM
Anything is possible.. Main things to look at, best set up would be for a 4 stroke to be turbo'd... Custom exhaust and piping will be necessary.. You want a SMALL turbo so it's easy to spool ( preferably a ball bearing, depends on your pockets haha) Defiantly jetting and fuel work depending on the amount of boost you want to run.. Overall it's a custom set up but not that hard really to do.

If you have a new bike, I THINK computer tuning may be in order but not sure.

SYKO
08-13-2007, 04:41 PM
theres a turbo 200s somewhere on the boards here, do a search, its got some vids, it makes that 200s roost like a banshee!!! kickin sand everywhere! he did it himself, kinda decent to!

Vealmonkey
08-13-2007, 05:11 PM
there is a turbo nicholson framed 500 on here also. Very wild by looking at the pics. Can't imagine what it's like when the turbo kicks in.

Jolly Roger
08-14-2007, 01:14 AM
I saw the 200s and you gotta give the guy credit, it was a great setup. It just didn't seem like it helped. I don't think that little 200cc motor had enough coming thru the exhaust to spool up a turbo meant for a car-sized motor. Now if I could get my hands on turbo from a motorcycle that might make all the difference. I don't have the time, tools, or money to tackle something like that right now. But it still makes for something nice to think about...

3Wheelers4Life
08-14-2007, 08:25 PM
...Does anybody have an atv with a turbo or super on it? Do you guys know where to get them or anything about one?...

see these, they might be your best bet.

http://www.mjmturbos.com/images/SMALLEST.jpg
http://www.mjmturbos.com/images/KKKsmallturbo.jpg
http://www.mjmturbos.com/AAAmjm2ndpage.htm - see the "VNT AND SMALL TURBOCHARGER APPLICATIONS" section.

I’ve also heard of people hooking up small battery operated fans right before the carb on small engines, like 25cc stuff. i dont know how good it would work out though :wondering?

Jolly Roger
08-15-2007, 08:18 PM
Yeah, I've heard of the electric fan "superchargers", but I don't think they would help me much. Thanks for the cool links though, I'm gonna email them sometime about specifics (cost and applications).