PDA

View Full Version : Home remedies.

TravEX
08-13-2007, 10:14 PM
For really bad heartburn, take a heaping spoon full of yellow mustard! Will burn for a minute but in 2 minutes time NO MORE HEARTBURN! Been doing it for years.

For sore throat from strepthroat, heat equal parts (2-3 tablespoons or so) of white vinegar and honey in the microwave for a few seconds so it mixes well. Sip on it. The honey coats your throat and helps with the pain, and the vinegar kills the bacteria and helps with healing. Tastes a little loud, but works.

Any more?

Billy Golightly
08-13-2007, 10:18 PM
Sore throat: Jalapeno peppers, or hot sauce. Usually just a good tablespoon raw swallowed will do the trick. When its so bad you can't stand it, or nothing else will work, this does. The only thing is, it has been known to make you lose your voice for a day or two. But I swear you won't have a sore throat anymore, 100% gone in about 5 minutes.

honda250sx
08-13-2007, 10:29 PM
sore throat : teaspoon of lemon juice, teaspoon of salt, in a half glass of water. Heat in microwave till warm. Gargle repeadetly. Works great. Trick of the grandmothers.

ATC-Eric
08-13-2007, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the mustard tip, been battleing heartburn for years!

TravEX
08-13-2007, 10:45 PM
Rubbing alcohol on sunburns pulls the heat out.

Nylon hose will keep ticks and chiggers from getting on you. They can't crawl on nylon hose.

Yamahauler
08-13-2007, 11:01 PM
Cure for Hangovers: If you can still think by the end of the night, take one tylonal before going to bed..guarentee no hangover, but you will be real dizzy
(careful with this one dont think its good to mix alcohol and tylonel)

If you couldnt take a tylonel, your only option is to have a couple beers in the morning ;) Works great

Tri-ZNate
08-13-2007, 11:24 PM
cure for hangover, pickle juice. I poop you not. Drink some after your drunk and you wont have a hangover in the morning. Something about the pickle juice absorbs the alky in your system. I have seen bartenders do this on many occasion

Yamahauler
08-13-2007, 11:47 PM
Ive tried the pickle juice thing, but it wore off after about 5 mins..hahah why would a bartender need to do that...they arent allowed to get drunk!

Tri-ZNate
08-14-2007, 12:11 AM
no they didnt have to use it themselves, they have done it for my buddy's a few times. My friend's sister is a bartender at the local VFW and she said the same thing.

icp4life162005
08-14-2007, 05:52 AM
or you could just drink a quart or water or gatorade which will also prevent a hangover. put mud on bug bites and stings it takes away the burn and itch.

TravEX
08-14-2007, 09:53 PM
To get a bad smell like fish (maybe gas and oil) off of your hands, rub a small amount of shaving cream on your hands.

ceaserthethird
08-15-2007, 12:21 PM
For Harder Erection / Woody - Take 2 Fish Oil Pills Daily !!!