PDA

View Full Version : 1986 Champ carb question

junkrider
08-14-2007, 09:19 PM
I recently rebuilt the carb on my sons 1986 Yamaha Champ 100. I ran into one snag, I disassembled the carb and waited for the rebuild kit. (So, in my feeble middle aged mind, naturally I forgot the following:)

Question:
Does any know what order the rubber o-ring, fiber gasket, and spring go on the idle-air/fuel mixture screw go?

I tried a couple different ways, rubber first, then fiber, then spring. Spring, then fiber, then rubber, etc...

Problem I'm having is that the dern thing idles okay, then dies, then I tweek it, idles okay again, then will die on decelleration, or might just sputter out and quit.

It was running awesome until my boy sunk it in a mud bog at paragon. I cleaned out the airbox, changed the oil, rebuilt the carb (cleaning and blowing all passages.) Fresh rebuild kit, new jets, new needles, new gaskets.

Perhaps it should be rubber, fiber, spring after all and I just need to give it a good cleaning again?

Anyone know how many turns out the air/fuel should be?
:wondering

I don't think it's temperature related, as I don't need to cool it down before it starts again.

Thanks for any advice on this one,