PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Blaster cylinder question

j.Lawson
08-26-2007, 05:47 PM
Im working on a friends 2003 yamaha blaster and have a couple questions if someone could please help.
What is the stock bore of the cylinder? what is the torque on the cylider and head bolts? it looks to be nikisil plated???

lastly, his piston melted on the exhaust side and he's got a good smug of aluminum running on the exhaust side of the cylinder, no pits or grooves that I can tell. I should be able to lightly sand that out and re-hone that correct?
and if so, any links to other threads or tips on doing that would really help me out. thanks alot.

scooterroo
08-28-2007, 04:01 PM
if its nikisal plating use a diamond hone. but i dont remember blasters having nikisal on the cylinders. manual says stock bore is 66mm, cylinder nuts are 18ft.lbs. of torgue, head is 20.

j.Lawson
08-28-2007, 05:52 PM
alright! thanks a million. Yeah im not sure if its nikisil or not. And I'm not sure if I'll attempt to hone it myself. thanks again.

SYKO
08-28-2007, 05:54 PM
blasters are not nikisaled I would still rebore to the next size to eliminate any possible defects from the piston getting trashed.

Yamahondaman
08-28-2007, 06:01 PM
I AGREE !! ... anytime you have a Malfunction of oil,gas,jetting,heat and stuff in a 2-stroke ..... BORE IT and Disconect the oil injection and mix it like the BIG DAWGS do

scooterroo
08-29-2007, 12:29 PM
mixxing the gas/oil is definately the way to go. i wouldnt rely on that oil pump.

LonesomeTriZ
08-29-2007, 12:38 PM
I lost two engine when I was younger to that damned oil injection. Never again. I agree, bore it and move on.

RedRider_AK
08-29-2007, 02:46 PM
You can use muriatic acid on the inside of the bore to get all the aluminum residue off the cylinder walls. Just don't spill it on the cylinder block itself or it'll melt LOL.