PDA

View Full Version : What up with the Kawa. 800?

stonehedge
05-12-2003, 04:17 PM
Maybe I missed it, but were are all the rave reviews of this thing. I rode one out at Glamis a few weeks ago that Kawa. had out there,it had pipes and I assume it was jetted. One word, slug. Sorry, auto-matic slug. But maybe I was crazy that day?

ATCRYDER
05-12-2003, 07:30 PM
The 700 V-Force ya mean?

TrikeKid
05-12-2003, 07:59 PM
you must mean the 700 cuz there is no 800,yet

stonehedge
05-13-2003, 01:52 PM
Yes, I'm sorry i was dreaming about an 800 anything, yea the 700 was the one, they had a couple of green ones and I think one orange one. They were real big and heavy an slow, and did I mention they were real heavy and slow. Yea I think I did. Maybe they need to be 800's with a manuel trans, and a turbo so they can move forward. But the things were running perfect, even smelled like they had nice gas in them? But do you think Kawa would have them out there and not have them running perfect? Well perfect or not they are really slow and heavy, if you like slow and heavy quads this is the bike for you. Maybe its the sand that make them slow? Doesn't seem to bother any other quads out there, but then again no other quad weighs that much either?

ATC crazy
05-14-2003, 10:22 AM
I hate Kawashitty's but the V-Force is not all that slow. It could give most anything a run for the money.

stonehedge
06-08-2003, 11:36 AM
Your more than likely correct, except in the sand. And thats everything to me. But who am I? Right............It was peepy off the line and held through the power band o.k., but in the dunes it was a slug of slugs, and crazy heavy. I have no time on a auto-crap-it, and that could be why it seemed so foreign to me? But compared to many of the quads on the market I don't think the duning community will embrace this anchor. The rest of the the atv world might?