PDA

View Full Version : found another trike.

Jim mac
09-02-2007, 07:38 PM
After giving up on resurecting the 250R roller. I ended up selling the roller on thursday. got $140 for the roller and 2 tires! So I stop at the swap meet and theres this trike. I ended up paying $120 for it, without the recoil. Guy said he'd bring it next friday, (not holding my breath.) So after dumping the varnish out of the tank and carb. cleaning the plug. borrowing the pull start off my 200S it fired right up! it smokes a little. I ended up buying a recoil so I can keep both trikes complete. Paid 50 for the recoil. so for a 170 bucks for a running trike Im happy, Turns out its a 82 185. Ive got a 200X front end and frame. Im thinking of swapping the front forks/tire etc. or maybe start hunting for a swingarm and axle/shock assy for the X frame and make a auto X. Jim

Jim mac
09-07-2007, 11:56 PM
so I go and see if the guy comes through with the recoil he says he had. I dont think he expected to see me back today. Of course he convieniently forgot it. But told me in very broken english, that he would bring it next friday. I have to pick up a dash mat I ordered anyway, so I told him I'd see him friday. I just hope he remembers it. Its not that I need it, but I know this guy would probably throw it out. Of course I need a recoil for a 110 and if he comes through, I'll have a spare for a 185 and one for a 70. Im actually thinking of making a adapter plate to use the 70 recoil on the 110. jim