PDA

View Full Version : got another trike this weekend!

Jim mac
09-03-2007, 01:50 PM
gotta love craigslist. I bought a 250R and extra quad rims and tires. Well the trike left thursday. and I had these tires sitting around. so I put them on craigslist this morning. I put id take ATC parts in trade. so a guy calls with this 79 110. it needs a recoil, rear fender, chain. rear bearing. but it rolls and motor turns over fine. hopefully I can get it running in a day or two.

Jim mac
09-04-2007, 11:17 PM
So I look up the number for the rear bearings, turns out they are 6007. I go to the local bearing shop. They are trying to get me to pay 18 bucks apiece for the sealed two side bearings. I told them I would have to think about it and left. So I drive to the next bearing shop, they have the sealed bearings for 12 bucks and change including tax! I guess it pays to shop around. I havent even got the motor running, so I really dont want to have too much into the trike. So on to the bearing swap in the morning. jim

bassman
09-06-2007, 09:50 AM
110's are so easy its not funny.

I still want one.

Jim mac
09-16-2007, 10:02 PM
I picked up a recoil for this thing this morning. through in a old plug I had laying around, put some gas in a squirt bottle. forced it into the carb. put a little gas in the throat, pulled it a few times and fired right up! I won a chain tensioner and a few misc parts on ebay for 12 bucks. along with my new bearings I'll be into it for 50 bucks. It doesnt smoke, headlight doesnt turn off, and the kill switch is missing the contact so it doesnt turn off. Hopefully in a couple weeks it'll be ridable. Jim

Jim mac
09-19-2007, 10:43 PM
latest update, bought a new did chain 26 bucks. (local bike shop) 2 fuel filters, 4 bucks, grips, 8 bucks, plug, 3 bucks. uni filter, 14 bucks. so Im into it for 106 dollars so far, it runs, but I think I either need new or adjust points, maybe rebuild the carb, Id really like to get the dent out of the tank and get new plastics and seat, but really dont want to get upside down in the thing. But you gotta love the little hondas. they're like the evergizer rabbit, they just keep going and going. Jim