PDA

View Full Version : After a good long run,,,It is time to say goodbye!

Mosh
09-04-2007, 06:46 PM
After a 6 year stint,and being the second owner,I finally had to let my shee go.I went from the purple shee to a Trx 250R:twisted: .
Straight up trade.The 250r,Is pretty much un-molested.
Stock sleeve,everything is stock except AC nerf bars,I took them off for the trails,Fmf Gnarly pipe and V-force reeds.I also got a mint frame in the deal,all stock like new exhuast, and grab bar, and bumper,I have the OEM rear fenders un-cracked,And a Box FULL of OEM NOS parts.It also is titled,(both frames and state stickered until 2009).I also got a like new RPM Dominator axle in the deal.It needs nothing now,But I had some carb issues and a headgasket issue to deal with but all is well now.I put this thing thru the ringer at Wellsville and held up pretty good.
I must say that I love Banshee's,Still have one,and enuff to build a second shee.But this thing flat out gets it ,and is so easy to handle on.I have always wanted a clean trx and they are hard to find in near stock form these days.Some say it would be a trade down,others atrade up,but i say it was a even deal.I cant wait to get this thing on a mx track.I have no plans for it but some mild port and headwork,and some cosmetics.

BTW,I am really diggin the sticker on the rad shroud.Fits me to a TEEEE:lol:

mike from long island
09-04-2007, 07:47 PM
Doesnt look to bad of a trx.I had a 2000 banshee,sold that.Then a few years later picked up a trx myself.Had it for a short stint.Guy offer to trade is 05 kfx400 with the bigbore kit.So I did and just sold the kfx without taking it for a ride.I only have trikes now.As soon as the kid gets bigger,Ill get the family a few quads again.Trikes are sooo much easy to store!!:lol: Good luck with that trx.

oldsking86
09-04-2007, 07:54 PM
haha def a trade up! Looks pretty darn sweet

Eric250R
09-04-2007, 08:15 PM
Well, Banshees are still pretty easy to find and affordable. With a TRX in that shape, and all those spare parts, I would definately say you traded up.:beer

sandpuppi101
09-04-2007, 08:28 PM
I think it sound's like an awesome trade,Banshee's are found all over the place but it's not every day you see those TRX 250R 's..I think you'll love the TRX just as much if not more than the banshee.The R look's really nice from the pic's..

atctim
09-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Nice quad Rob - you and Kintore are finally on to something I think! (wink wink) That is for sure a nice shape TRX - as someone else mentioned - Banshees are abundant - nice TRXs are getting harder and harder to find. Rock On!

ceaserthethird
09-04-2007, 09:25 PM
Man you got Ripped Off , J / K

Looks Sweet wish i had a TRX ...

Are you going to restore it ?

What year is it ? ? ? 1987 ...

Mosh
09-04-2007, 09:36 PM
It is a 86.As far as restor,,,,NO.I rode my shee hard and i will make this thing purty,But ready to run hard.I am liking it.Just gettin past the bugs.
I do not like to ride my stuff with any handicaps.
And yeah Mike,tirkes are easier to store,But you can also get more on the trailer.:lol:
I am not givin up the trikes,I will still ride em more than this.Just one of them deals.It is there,I want it:p

Old 179
09-04-2007, 10:02 PM
Nice quad Rob - you and Kintore are finally on to something I think! (wink wink) That is for sure a nice shape TRX - as someone else mentioned - Banshees are abundant - nice TRXs are getting harder and harder to find. Rock On!

Could we see Moshman all "Honda" next TF ???

Nice fine! How did you find out about this one?

ATC-Eric
09-05-2007, 01:27 AM
Its sad to see the Shee go, but that is a good lookin TRX!!!!

As mentioned above, banshees are a dime a dozen, you dont see R's like that everyday.

I give you two thumbs up on that deal :D

Mosh
09-05-2007, 07:54 AM
Could we see Moshman all "Honda" next TF ???

Nice fine! How did you find out about this one?A local guys has been after my shee for a year and He had this sitttin around and offered it up to me.
And yes,All honda might be me shortly.Keep your eyes peeled for some nice Tri-z stuff for sale,as I have another atc 250r and it is time to get that one together.Gotta make room and some money first,so I am debating on which Z to sell or part out.
Thanks for the compliments guys.

oldskool83
09-05-2007, 08:46 AM
good trade...i would say it was more then a fair trade. 250R's rule!

BigGreenMachine
09-06-2007, 07:26 PM
They ripped off Duke Nukem's saying..."Its time to kick a $ $ and chew bubble gum, and I'm all outta gum." hahaha

Dammit!
09-06-2007, 07:37 PM
Nice TRX you got there Rob.

They ripped off Duke Nukem's saying..."Its time to kick a $ $ and chew bubble gum, and I'm all outta gum." hahaha

Pretty sure Duke ripped that from a B movie called "They Live" with none other than Rowdy Roddy Piper. :lol:

The exact quote in the movie was "I have come to here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubble gum."

That movie rules. :lol:

Mosh
09-07-2007, 07:00 AM
Yeah I remeber that flick.Some ugly aliens,and the fight in the alley was epic.

Jason Hall
09-10-2007, 07:18 AM
Nice TRX Rob. We know you traded the banshee just because of the sticker on the rad shroud:lol: Them TRX's handle so good, have fun with It.

3 weelin geezer
09-13-2007, 11:38 AM
185/200s thrumb throttle, $5 (i want this gone!)
Does this come with the on/off knob on it? Whats it look like? How is the bushing that goes around the shaft (what broke on mine)?