PDA

View Full Version : Voltage Reg

Satsol67
09-06-2007, 10:14 AM
Will an 85 voltage reg for an 85 350x work for my 86 350x? I am also thinking about putting on something else besides the stock head light on. So my other question is what is the max watts can the stock stator and voltage reg handle?

Thanks,

Ron

Rustytinhorn
09-08-2007, 11:30 PM
I dont know, but you can find out. Go to bikebadit.com and compare the part # for the two years and see if they match. Also if you have a wiring harness diagram you could maybe look at that and see if they are wired the same.

Rustytinhorn
09-08-2007, 11:36 PM
Ok, I just took my own advice and good news, the a.c. regulator along with the complete wiring harness is the same for the '85 Atc350 and the '86 Atc350x.
So it should work. Can't help with the watts issue though. I think it crosses a lot of peoples minds though, but no real answer has ever surfaced.

Satsol67
09-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Would it be the stator or voltage reg that would deside (sp) the max watts it will support? I would think that the reg would just keep the right voltage so it wont spike to burn out the lights. Course I am just guessing.

Rustytinhorn
09-09-2007, 05:51 PM
If it works the same as my truck, then I believe the alternator or stator would be incharge of providing the amount of watts it could handle. But if you get a bigger alternator, its seems like you have to upgrade the regulator as well. But I dont know where the limit is. Sorry.
On 3wheeler.org ( i searched again and cant find it right off the bat) there are a couple people that have the big baja racing lights on their trikes that draw 200 watts total. They all said they had to get their stators re-wound by Ricky Stator to 200w. No mention of upgrading the regulator though.
Hope this helps some.