PDA

View Full Version : need help with Candian frech

dreadhed
09-06-2007, 08:46 PM
I know there are some french Canadians on this site. I am wondering if any of you know of a site to translate english to Canadian french. Of if you could type some thing up for me that would help too.

Yamada
09-06-2007, 09:20 PM
you say canadian french, hey thats me!!!!
you can try :
http://www.google.ca/language_tools?hl=en

I never used this tool but it seems to work.

dreadhed
09-06-2007, 09:48 PM
thanks. I will give it a shot & let know how it works...or maybe you can let me know if it translated it right. I didn't realize until today that french in Canada was different than France.

dreadhed
09-06-2007, 10:02 PM
Bonjour je voudrais savoir vous allez payer l'article. Obtenir svp de nouveau à moi.

Does that make any sense to you? I think it is the French they use in France. It is different in Canada than France right? Or am I wrong.

SYKO
09-06-2007, 10:02 PM
just like mexican "spanish" is differnt then spanish in spain esse'

Yamada
09-06-2007, 10:07 PM
Yeah, from what I know, I can understood with ease a «Français», but he will have some difficulty to understand what I said.
I know someone who came from Prince Edward Island, he speak french but his accent is very hard to understand.

Yamada
09-06-2007, 10:09 PM
Bonjour je voudrais savoir vous allez payer l'article. Obtenir svp de nouveau à moi.

Does that make any sense to you? I think it is the French they use in France. It is different in Canada than France right? Or am I wrong.

Not exactly. Wrote what you want to say in english and I will try to translate it...

dreadhed
09-06-2007, 10:15 PM
just like mexican "spanish" is differnt then spanish in spain esse'
That is what I thought. When I took Spanish it was mexican spanish, not that I remember any of it

Yamada
I would like to say how are you going to pay for the motor? Let me know.

Yamada
09-06-2007, 10:19 PM
Also, to keep thing more confusing, in Quebec with have what we call the joual. It use a lot a swearword and the prononciation is different.

So, you want to know if the person is gonna pay for the item. But your last sentence didn't make sense. Do you want to say that you want an other item for you

Yamada
09-06-2007, 10:23 PM
how are you going to pay for the motor? Let me know.

Good french:
Quel methode de paiement allez-vous utiliser pour payer le moteur? S'il-vous-plait, laissez-moi savoir.

Quebec answer!
Comment va-tu payer pour le moteur. Dis-moi le.

Yamada
09-06-2007, 10:25 PM
As you can see, usually in french it takes more words to say the same thing.

dreadhed
09-06-2007, 10:25 PM
Ya I want to know if they are going to pay. I really don't think he is. What is the best way to ask if he is going to pay? It's to bad there in not a translator that works for the French up there.

dreadhed
09-06-2007, 10:27 PM
we must have been typing at the same time.

Yamada
09-06-2007, 10:28 PM
What is the best way to ask if he is going to pay?
Are you going to pay?
Est-ce que vous allez me payer pour le moteur?

In my sentence, I use «vous» to represent your buyer. It is a mark courtesy.

dreadhed
09-06-2007, 10:30 PM
Well I sent both translations. I hope we will respond now. I have been having problems with him trying to talk to him.

Yamada
09-06-2007, 10:32 PM
I hope it will help you!!!
:postwhore :postwhore :postwhore
yes i know sorry for that.
I'm so excited to help someone in french.

dreadhed
09-06-2007, 10:48 PM
If he ever gets back to me I might need some more help too. Thanks for every thing you have all ready done.

Yamada
09-06-2007, 10:52 PM
if so, you can try to pm me.