PDA

View Full Version : What are y'all listening to lately?

RedRider_AK
09-07-2007, 03:52 PM
What have you guys been listening to lately? Right now I'm obsessed with the Jay-Z song "99 Problems", it's got a really sick beat in it. Other than that, I've been listening to just about everything on my Ipod, from Jimi Hendrix to Dimmu Borgir to the White Stripes.

SYKO
09-07-2007, 03:55 PM
man I hardly listen to anything new, cant seem to find a decent beat, lately Ive been jammin in the past, FAITH NO MORE, TEMPLE OF THE DOG, CANDLEBOX, FILTER, STP, GRAVITY KILLS, DEMON DRIVER, ORIGINAL WHITE ZOMBIE, SOUNDGARDEN, TOOL, ALITTLE BLACK FLAG AND HENRY ROLLINS, more or less I have been really enjoying jamming out to crazy ass Mike Patton and FNM.

RedRider_AK
09-07-2007, 04:02 PM
SOUNDGARDEN, TOOL

YES! You should try Fear Factory and Static-X, pretty good "industrial-style metal"

DarkestGKnight
09-07-2007, 04:31 PM
Punk Punk Punk!!! like casualties, exploited, nofx, black flag, the unseen

RedRider_AK
09-07-2007, 04:41 PM

You like the Dead Kennedys?

SYKO
09-07-2007, 04:51 PM
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t119/smokeyandbella/th_67ba0e24.jpg (http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t119/smokeyandbella/?action=view&current=67ba0e24.flv)
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s233/celldweller2000/th_Diggingthegrave.jpg (http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s233/celldweller2000/?action=view&current=Diggingthegrave.flv)

mike patton is awesome!

he now sings for MR bungle

Billy Golightly
09-07-2007, 04:53 PM
Korn's newest album (Not really diggin it, but its OK) Some Kill switch engage, the Transformers soundtrack, Megaherz, Bloodhound gang, and as always some Rammstein. Those are the bands I'm listening to pretty heavily right now.

84honda200s
09-07-2007, 05:02 PM
i listen to korn, icp, black sabith, static-x, rob zombie, and many more.

dreadhed
09-07-2007, 05:03 PM
Mike Patton Kicks as$. I got to see him live once. It was great. He opened for Tool. One of the best shows I have ever been too. I think he sings for TomahaK(sp?) now. He is like a moder day Beethoven, just to much for some people to listen to. You ever heard his band Phontmos(sp?)Now I don't think your so bad since you know who Patton is & listen to Tool.:D

I listen to about any thing From Tool, Patton's bands, Reggae, Psychic TV, Exploited, Down tempo, even some talk radio. Tool & Psychic TV have to be a couple of my favorites though. :Bounce

honda250sx
09-07-2007, 05:04 PM

I hear ya man. New bad religion is blowing the snot out of my ipod right now! Lookout for a new NOFX live album out in november!!!

SYKO
09-07-2007, 05:11 PM
Mike Patton Kicks as$. I got to see him live once. It was great. He opened for Tool. One of the best shows I have ever been too. I think he sings for TomahaK(sp?) now. He is like a moder day Beethoven, just to much for some people to listen to. You ever heard his band Phontmos(sp?)Now I don't think your so bad since you know who Patton is & listen to Tool.:D

I listen to about any thing From Tool, Patton's bands, Reggae, Psychic TV, Exploited, Down tempo, even some talk radio. Tool & Psychic TV have to be a couple of my favorites though. :Bounce

lol, so you thought otherwise of me untill you found out that i like Mike patton!! ha! I seriously thought he was still with MR bungle? Ive seen FNM and him a few times, and he's a trip to talk to! you got a link to any of his new bands?

Yamada
09-07-2007, 05:11 PM
Avenged sevenfold, Bad religion, Blink 182, papa roach, quebec punk, punk...
Everything except country and hip-hop...

Is someone listening to the station The Buzz, 99.9 FM, when I listen to the radio it is my station.

RedRider_AK
09-07-2007, 05:14 PM
as always some Rammstein.

Have you heard "Links 2 3 4" and "Freur Frei"? Both really good, and both on the alubm "Mutter"

SYKO
09-07-2007, 05:14 PM
omg!! I detest COUNTRY!!

oh me an ol dog went down to the Riiiiverrr wit my cheby ooooooooo!! so on and so forth! bah!

Chevy200s
09-07-2007, 05:26 PM
Bloodhound gang, and as always some Rammstein.

haha, dude the bloodhound gang rocks, if anything just for the bad touch haha. Rammstein's pretty cool too, but I'm gonna go against the grain here and say I'm definitly a hill billy redneck poser country listening trike lovin dude. not just country, blue grass too old school and new. love the rock, love playin blues and jazz not as fun listenin to it but its all good. But yeah to be honest country is my thing, I was raised on a farm, ride my trikes on the farm and someday I'll probably die on the farm, haha. anything with a good banjo lic. I guess I was born and raised in the boondocks :D

chris200x
09-07-2007, 05:31 PM
haha, dude the bloodhound gang rocks, if anything just for the bad touch haha. Rammstein's pretty cool too, but I'm gonna go against the grain here and say I'm definitly a hill billy redneck poser country listening trike lovin dude. not just country, blue grass too old school and new. love the rock, love playin blues and jazz not as fun listenin to it but its all good. But yeah to be honest country is my thing, I was raised on a farm, ride my trikes on the farm and someday I'll probably die on the farm, haha. anything with a good banjo lic. I guess I was born and raised in the boondocks :D

Hmm,, I live on a farm too and there aint no country goin on here. :D I'll listen to pretty much anything though.. But I escpecially like the grateful dead. Shoot, I even like listening to the olddies station once in a while..

One song I just cannot stand is that "and a big black hoarse and a cherry tree woo hoo"

SYKO
09-07-2007, 05:34 PM
I grew up in south Chicago, so I had infuences from all typs of music, and my brother also lived within a mile of the world music theator, so we would go over there any time sombody decent was playing, I listened to metalica for the first time there and if F'n ROCKED! GNR Montly crew, poison, all the 80's rock bands, moved down here to south ga and there wasnt even a radio station that played any rock or even rap! all country!! I was SICK!! culture shock, I got in trouble in school for wearing Danzig and Gwar shirts (ya know satan looking shiz!) lol!! you could say I was going against the grain a bit steeply! lol!! i loved it!! still the radio stations around here suck though, uggg country........

chris200x
09-07-2007, 05:43 PM
I grew up in south Chicago, so I had infuences from all typs of music, and my brother also lived within a mile of the world music theator, so we would go over there any time sombody decent was playing, I listened to metalica for the first time there and if F'n ROCKED! GNR Montly crew, poison, all the 80's rock bands, moved down here to south ga and there wasnt even a radio station that played any rock or even rap! all country!! I was SICK!! culture shock, I got in trouble in school for wearing Danzig and Gwar shirts (ya know satan looking shiz!) lol!! you could say I was going against the grain a bit steeply! lol!! i loved it!! still the radio stations around here suck though, uggg country........

Ughhh.. My son listens to that RAP crap and it just drives me nuts! :mad: :banned:

I totally forgot about the 80's hair bANDS... You know they're starting to play those songs on the oldies station. SHEESH!!!! :wondering Makes me feel OLD! :(

firefirefire90
09-07-2007, 05:52 PM
Listen to anything that I can get my hands on but right this moment i'm listening to "spiderman that ho" and "get naked you beezy" by Federation. << funniest song ever

dreadhed
09-07-2007, 05:55 PM
lol, so you thought otherwise of me untill you found out that i like Mike patton!! ha! I seriously thought he was still with MR bungle? Ive seen FNM and him a few times, and he's a trip to talk to! you got a link to any of his new bands?
Damn I never got to see FNM. Was it a good show? Mr. Bungle does kick some butt though. I never got to meet him, but my old lady did she said he was pretty cool too. I didn't know you were a heartland guy too. I grew up in Omaha, which isn't to far from Chicago. I saw 3-11 a few times when they were still a local band there. I will see if I can find some links later. I am about to run to the barn here soon & see if I can find all the parts for you. Sounds like to got see some good shows in Chicago.

ATC-Eric
09-07-2007, 06:00 PM
Bloodhound Gangs my sht!!!!!

Billy Golightly
09-07-2007, 06:31 PM
Have you heard "Links 2 3 4" and "Freur Frei"? Both really good, and both on the alubm "Mutter"

Oh yeah, definitely. All of their songs are awesome, its so hard for me to pick out favorites. I think Das Model is one, Los is freakin AWESOME. Its all acoustic guitar, with no synthesizers and its probably the best song they've ever done. Tier is another really really, good one. Der Meister is a very very fast paced song, that starts pumping in the beginning and never lets up till its over. Great to run or pump weight to. Weisess Fleisch is not necessarily the fastest song of theirs, but its extremely catchy, and the way the riff is played makes the beat seem faster then it actually is.

It took me a long time to get use to it, but after listening to it for a year I think all the songs on the Rosenrot album are awesome too. I think Mann Gegan Mann and Benzin are probably my favorites (try and find the apopcalyptica remix of Benzin, holy crap its awesome)

Eric250R
09-07-2007, 06:37 PM
All metal ... all the time :twisted: As for Mike Patton, Faith No More is still officially a band. He sings for and has sung for Mr. Bungle since around 90-91, he also has a band called Tomahawk, and quite a few others. And I have said for many years that he is probably the most underrated singer in music. But right now I can't get over my Lamb of God kick. And the Mrs. is addicted to Cradle of filth.

Mosh
09-07-2007, 07:32 PM
Killswitch Engaged,Always Metallica(oldschool),oldschool Sabbath,Deftones,Type-O Negative,alot of AIC,Suicidal Tendencies,Prong,White Zombie,Disturbed,Megadeth,Maiden,Frank Marino and the Mahogonay Rush, oldschool Anthrax,Slayer, Mad Season,All Rockin 80's Hair Metal,Danzig,Sepultara,Static-x,
Basically anything that freaks people out and pisses off the neighbors.
As Far as Faith no More,I think Abulm of the Year, is really great.

DarkestGKnight
09-07-2007, 11:03 PM
bad religion kicks ass i saw them live at warped tour this year and the unseen they kick *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*

oldsking86
09-07-2007, 11:08 PM
little bit of Rise Against, some Atreyu, Halifax, just a little bit of rock haha heck the 80's rock! some of the 90's stuff was ok too

SYKO
09-07-2007, 11:12 PM
OH SNAP! SUICIDAL TENDENCIES~!!!! HELL YEA!!!! man i used to have a wicked tape of them I used to jam the hell out to!! I wish I could remember the name!

honda_atc200es
09-07-2007, 11:13 PM
Killswitch Engaged,Always Metallica(oldschool),oldschool Sabbath,Deftones,Type-O Negative,alot of AIC,Suicidal Tendencies,Prong,White Zombie,Disturbed,Megadeth,Maiden,Frank Marino and the Mahogonay Rush, oldschool Anthrax,Slayer, Mad Season,All Rockin 80's Hair Metal,Danzig,Sepultara,Static-x,
Basically anything that freaks people out and pisses off the neighbors.
As Far as Faith no More,I think Abulm of the Year, is really great.

hey moshman, did you steal that from my myspace lol, those are my list of favorite bands

SYKO
09-07-2007, 11:19 PM
suicidal tendencies the album I used to rock out to was LIGHTS-CAMERA-REVOLUTION!! man I used to rock this hard! partying and gettign crazy driving fast and being a plain baddass!!

SYKO
09-07-2007, 11:29 PM
I see a disturbing trend here..... HEAVY METAL AND DANGEROUS THREE WHEELERS

I LIKE IT!!!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/DeathToFalseMetal.jpg

super90
09-07-2007, 11:52 PM
anything but rap!!!! Everything on the radio these days SUCKKKS besides satellite radio. All the 80's bands were good. I like some industrial like rammstein and kmfdm too.

Mosh
09-08-2007, 08:41 AM
Hey Syko,That pic looks alot like my old Jean jacket.I had that thing plastered with patches.Back in 86 That was the cool thing to have, and a pair of Rainbow lense Oakley's.
I also forgot to mention PANTERA!.I still have a lot of tapes from the day in that pic,Nuclear assualt,Mod,Exodus,And even Metal Church, Dokken,And Overkill.HA HA ha.Man I am gettin old.:eek:
I also really like some of the oldschool country stuff too.Merle Haggerd,Waylon Jennings,Johny Cash and the like.
I think New country sounds like bubblegum music.
And yes Lights camera revolution was one their best albumns.You cant bring me down,Breakdown,All alone.Those were great tunes.

And yes Rap Sucks.No talent crap.They push play on a machine that makes the music for them and then mumble a bunch of jibberish for ten minutes.Although a very few tunes have been okay.
To each their own I guess.

Bryan Raffa
09-08-2007, 09:01 AM
hey mosh man.. I know you use to have long hair.. you got a picture? just cant picture you with long hair..:lol: ROCK ON my brother

last few days its been.. merciful fate,pantera,overkill, and some david allen coe! in the truck right now joe satrani and on the computer 24hr aol metallica..:p

Mosh
09-08-2007, 09:22 AM
hey mosh man.. I know you use to have long hair.. you got a picture? just cant picture you with long hair..:lol: ROCK ON my brother

last few days its been.. merciful fate,pantera,overkill, and some david allen coe! in the truck right now joe satrani and on the computer 24hr aol metallica..:pDown to my arse brother.I actually have some pics of the SUPER MULLET,but they are old and I would have to scan them.For now,Just picture Joe Dirt or silly gay virus.I mean BIlly ray Cirus.:lol:

Bryan Raffa
09-08-2007, 09:34 AM
hahahahhaha get scaning I gotta see it:lol: I can see a childhood haircut thred startin.

SYKO
09-08-2007, 09:34 AM
LOL, I remember that I had long hair, used to headbang with a freind at our high school pep rallys, man.... I miss dem ol' days

Rm250RF900R
09-08-2007, 12:10 PM
I always listen to the same stuff. Rage against the machine, nirvana, alot of alice in chains, soundgarden, some primus, metallica, van halen (just because of eddie), janes addiction. Theres a hell of a lot more but i cant think right now.

hadar
09-09-2007, 10:37 AM
Black Sabbath, Radiohead and The Grateful Dead are some of my favorites. 60's surf instrumentals and bands like Pearl Jam, Kyuss, Misfits and early Danzig are also fun to listen to. Mike Patton has always been kickass.

DarkestGKnight
09-09-2007, 10:55 AM
man u guys forgot some other great bands like dio, motley crue, kiss, queen, bon jovi is pretty good, journey.

clutchcargo
09-09-2007, 11:59 AM
Metal church is excellent, shows my age though. Pantera, Rush, Testament, 80's bands, Def Leppard, Deftones, Armored Saint, Fear Factory, Maiden, Old Metallica, Megadeth and Soulfly to name a few. Rap is a joke, IMO. Just quick witted words, no musical talent. It's mostly, check out my Bentley and my Ho's anyway...no wonder today's youth is screwed up...wait a minute, I'm startin to sound like my dad.

honda_atc200es
09-09-2007, 12:32 PM
^^^ i agree wit ya fully, and im 15, i listen to everything my dad does, i cant stand(c)rap

Russell 350X
09-09-2007, 02:23 PM
I see a disturbing trend here..... HEAVY METAL AND DANGEROUS THREE WHEELERS

I LIKE IT!!!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/DeathToFalseMetal.jpg

That is awsome.

I've been listeneing to alot of Lamb of God, Strapping Young Lad, Devil Driver, As I Lay Dying, Arch Enemy, SLAYER! , Metallica, Cradle of Filth, Alice in Chains, Gizmachi, Mushroomhead, some Slipknot, Korn, Rush, Black Sabbath, Dimmu Borgir, Down, Pantera, Superjoint Ritual, old Trivium, Garth Brooks, Johnny Cash, George Strait, and many more. I would be here all day typing lol.

honda_atc200es
09-09-2007, 04:49 PM
^^^ again all awesome bands

RedRider_AK
09-10-2007, 02:57 AM
Dimmu Borgir

YES. Dimmu Borgir are AWESOME, I especially like that new song "The Serpentine Offering".

threewheelin-feelin
09-10-2007, 04:38 PM
im still listening to lynyrd skynyrd,zz top, ac/dc, poison, the eagles, johnny cash, hank williams jr., hank 3, and CCR

Chevy200s
09-10-2007, 04:46 PM
One song I just cannot stand is that "and a big black hoarse and a cherry tree woo hoo"

haha, thats kt tunstall, I actually dont mind that one though, like I said if its got a cool beat and some real music behind it I'm probably going to like it. I like to jam with people as much as I like riding, whether I'm on a classical guitar, a 7 string Ibanex plugged into a stack shreddin it out, a banjo, mandolin, it doesnt matter. My buddies got me into the whole, just pick a key and go and since then I can really get into any kind of music. Haha, you guys would die if you saw what I got on my mp3 player, go from rammstein to classical gas to guns and roses to garth brooks to counting crows to the eagles, haha everything.

BigGreenMachine
09-10-2007, 06:42 PM
I cannot stand country music and furthermore our own native Irish/Scottish music/traditional tunes that all the young guys and old guys around here seem to like for some ungodly reason. That and rap...

Anyways, glad this thread was started. Last time it put me onto a bunch of new bands that I've since been listening to and I can see already some that I will have to search out.

Pretty wide variety in my playlist. From Rammstein to Three Days Grace to Emery to Solidium.

Spineshank, Destroy The Runner, Str8jackit, Trivium, Turbonegro, ASG, American Head Charge, Godsmack, Breed 77, Ill Nino, Nirvana, Mudvayne, Swollen Members, etc....a lot of emo as well.

*EDIT

OH!!!! ... Die So Fluid rocks too. Hot chick bass playing lead singer....too sexy!! Download "spawn of dysfunction" by Die So Fluid. She gives me much wood. *

MotorCity
09-19-2007, 09:24 PM
I've been back on my Rush kick the last few weeks.....wifey and I saw Rush in Detroit a few weeks ago, anyone who has seen Neil Peart on drums......just leaves ya speachless.

Jimi Hendrix, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Scorpions, Triumph, Van Halen (with Eddie),Doors, Led Zeppelin(always a staple ), Stevie Ray Vaughn, Credence, Sting & the Police, Alice in Chains and NIrvana (especially the unplugged stuff), PInk Floyd, Eric Clapton, J. Geils band, Alice Cooper, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, plus lots of old Blues...... I could go on and on, great stuff, though Rock and Roll doesn't seem to get as much playtime anymore on the crappy radio stations out there anymore - a person really needs to get Sirius satellite radio if they want to listen to good music on the radio.

I also like local folk Bob Seger, Ted Nugent (the MotorCity Madman), and Kid Rock.

kwbyfrmhell
09-20-2007, 09:14 PM
"hell yeah" is kickin some ass, I was lucky enough to meet them and get their autographs couple of weeks ago Vinnie Paul is the man... RIP DIme

NINJA
09-21-2007, 01:13 AM
I'm all about punk myself. Right now, I'm listening to The Misfits, 12 Hits From Hell album!

Also I like, Against Me, Social Distortion, The Vandals, The Distillers, Murder City Devils, Pennywise, Alkaline Trio, Rancid, AFI.....
But The Misfits are definitely my favorite, old and new.

fatcat
09-21-2007, 01:29 AM
Im l listening to Audioslave now

honda_atc200es
09-21-2007, 03:06 PM
hey ninja, any dead kennedys or minor threat, danzig? scatterbrain? thos are some good bands

NINJA
09-21-2007, 03:15 PM
of course man! my favorite danzig song is "mother", my favorite Dead Kennedys song has got to be "Moon Over Marin" it reminds me of a horror movie.

steven 250sx
09-21-2007, 04:32 PM
antiflag and old offspring n old blink182

honda_atc200es
09-21-2007, 05:54 PM
yea mother is an awesome song and id have to say my favorite dead kennedys song is holiday in cambodia

84honda200s
09-21-2007, 06:01 PM
old offspring n old blink182

hell ya man those some good groups.

Dammit!
09-21-2007, 06:11 PM
I'll post an old long haired pic of myself if Moshman and Syko will too. :lol:

I don't listen to a lot of new stuff. I'm sure there's probably a lot that I would like but I never get exposed to it. I have a mix cd in my truck right now that has Slayer, Soilwork, Black Label Society and even a couple of old Testament songs on it.

honda_atc200es
09-21-2007, 06:17 PM
yeahhhhh^^^ i just burned a copy of new order by testament, some good sttuff

kwbyfrmhell
09-21-2007, 06:27 PM
B.L.S. hellova concert about one of the only new bands any good