PDA

View Full Version : tires for a tecate

10-24-2002, 10:22 PM
Im looking for some tires for my tecate. But i can't decide between a mean mud tire or something like a maxxis razor. for a two stroke what would be best for trail riding with some dips in some mud.
????????????????

Jeb
10-25-2002, 01:16 AM
Me personally, I've got to have a low profile 20" or 18" Set of rear tires. I like the slidability these tires give. To me its worth the sacrifice in rear ground clearance.

I like the looks of the razors, but have never ran any....yet.

tecatecrazy
10-25-2002, 03:48 PM
I was thinking of changing mt rear tires on my tecate to 20" tires to get better slide-ability as well. the only problem is that I would have to change my gearing to maintain the same performance, and who knows how to figure that out. But when I do I think that I am going with razr's. They look like they would give you just about the right amount of grip( I dont want a tire thats going to roll me over backwards when climbing steep hills). Well thats my input-------Joe

KingTecate
10-25-2002, 04:56 PM
Ive been looking at two diffrent tires. the pure sport realtor and again, the maxxis. I think that ill probably go with the maxxis. I was out today and even with almost bald tires my tecate kept on trying to get rid of me off the back :-D :!: . got to love it. So i think ill give up a bit of traction in the mud for my own riding safety on the trail and go with the hole shot type tires. thanks all for the input.

Ride
84 tecate 3