PDA

View Full Version : Spring Test

TimSr
05-13-2003, 10:29 PM
There were no races for me last weekend so I got to take the TriZ down to a practice track, and put my new front suspension to the real test. It was awesome! Springs rode nice, handled major jumps well, and it ran great. Its all dialed in and ready for Trikefest. Hopefully somebody will be interested in running a little MX with me there!

While I was at the track, I met a couple of guys, one on a Raptor, and one on a DS650. They decided to give me a little run on the MX track, and pretty much toasted me, not on the straights though! The guy on the Raptor pretty much toasted both of us, but the DS650 guy was barely able to stay in front of me. He wasnt that good of a racer. Anyways, he let me run a couple laps on his DS650. Sorry Bill X R, but I wasnt impressed! The track was super muddy, and he had his front wheels flipped to be wider, so it handled really squirrely. What really amazed me was how it would bog in 3rd gear when I hit mud. I figured this big 4 stroke wouldnt dog on anything, but I kept having to downshift when I hit mud! Something Id expect from a 2 stroke. I will say, for as heavy as it was, it landed pretty nice from the big jumps, though. That part surprised me. Id have to say it landed better than my TRX250R with Works shocks.

Next Saturday is another motocross, and next Sunday Ill be entering a mud bog contest. They are supposed to get back with me on whether I can run my TriZ in it. If not we'll see what AllTrax on the R can do.

Bill X_R
05-14-2003, 12:08 AM
Keep talkin' Old man!....lol