PDA

View Full Version : Best suspension/a-arm setup out there for kfx $$$

cody2
09-17-2007, 03:38 PM
I would like a decent shock system here,preferably with the piggyback reservoirs and some a-arms,now ive looked at some lowerend and i dont think there going to be strong enough. Im hitting 10 feet jumps here and i weigh 180 what would be good? I dont want to spend too much but if i have to i will. Are there any really good mid-lower high end products you can name to do the job? Ive ordered a durablue axle too.

icp4life162005
09-17-2007, 05:10 PM
return the durablue and grab up a G-FORCE, then is it a KFX400? if so just buy a used suspension setup off of an 05-08 kfx400/dvx400/ltz400. they have the triple rate shocks with the piggyback. check out diamondjcustoms.com for widening kits for the front end. with newer stock shocks you won't have to dish a grand for decent suspension. you should find full suspension for less then $500 oh and check out z400central.com

cody2
09-17-2007, 07:55 PM
i stated my bike was an 05 previously,actualy its an 04,how much better are the new dvx shocks i might be able to get my hands on some

3leggeddog
09-17-2007, 09:26 PM
look man,are your seriuos about jumpnig or not?thats what you got to ask yourself.if you upgrade to another stock shock,you will out grow them fast,and not be happy.no stock shock is going to be a drastic improvment.now a decent upgrade is the 450r shocks.a stock 450r shco is 3/4 of a inch longer then a z400 shock.they are also valved better.

but look at things this way.if you spend the extra money now,you won't be dissapointed later when are using the shocks to the full ablility.a better handing machine means less fautigue,and really a safer ride.they will soak up big hits that other wise would buck you off the quad.so many people are parting out full race 400's these dasy you would stupid to not save a little more money,and get what you need.

here's my advice.go with a nice used set of +3 a arms,the durablue axle is a far better choice then a g-force,keep that,your stock swinger will do the job,but you can pick up a used houser,janseen,laegear for cheap,put you set of elkas,custom axis,or fox shocks all the way around,and your done-----forever.it gets no better then that.all that may set you back a grand-1200 bux.trust me,don't be cheap when it comes to suspision,it will only hurt you in the long run.

cody2
09-18-2007, 09:01 PM
yes your right but im not going to be using it jumping for a year,how decent are 'black widow' shocks,never heard of them my freinds selling them off his 450r honda.

3leggeddog
09-19-2007, 09:35 PM
they are the new works shocks.i have never ran them,but they are a triple,or quad rate shock.your on the right track!!!if you can get them cheap,rock em out!

cody2
09-25-2007, 07:19 PM
what about fox floaters for the front? My friend with a predictor swears by them,i know there not cheap..but it can be justified. Especially now im competing with my dads new yfz450 to make a faster better bike.