PDA

View Full Version : Horrible experiencve with Bike Bandit! Anyone have input or experiences to share?

grundlegrabber
09-17-2007, 09:18 PM
Last month I ordered a bunch of parts from Bike Bandit. The order was placed on 8-15. I found shipping to be rather slow, didn't receive the order until about 10 business days later. When I opened the box, I discovered that one of the items, a chain for my XR80, was missing. It was on the bill and I was charged for it, but not in the box! After poring over the Bike Bandit website, I was disappointed to find that, as far as I can tell, there is no way to contact them by phone. Seems they can only be contacted via email thru customer service, so I sent them an email explaining my situation. 2 days later (an unacceptable response time for a large operation in my opinion), I received an email back. The customer service person asked some vague questions about the condition of the box when it arrived and such (it obviously had not been damaged in shipping and was well sealed). I responded immediately, and a day later received an email stating that there would have to be an "investigation into the matter" and they would get back to me. That took an additional week, and they finally responded saying that my chain would be shipped out via special order and would arrive to me in 3-5 business days. That was on 9-6. It is now 9-17 and I still have no chain. Thank god I didn't need it for a race or something. This is ridiculous. These idiots send me a spam email once a week with their deals and specials. Hope they don't think they are ever again going to see a dime from me! I understand mistakes and errors can happen, but the customer service has been extremely and seemingly intentionally slow, and the overall experience has been terrible. Anyone else have anything to share?:mad:

250rAL
09-18-2007, 09:39 AM
Why didn't you use Service Honda? I've never had any gripes with them and they're cheaper than Bike Bandit.

oldskool83
09-18-2007, 09:54 AM
never had a prob with bike bandit...sometimes if somthings on back order you pay for it think you get it and its not i there, you will get it when it comes in.

personal i have only used bike bandit for OEM parts i cany find anywhere else. chains and that you can get at any dealer cheaper...

newbie 350x
09-18-2007, 02:05 PM
I agree with oldskool. I have never had a problem them. Ordered all sorts of oem items from them. I would say out of about 70 transactions i only had one item backordered.

82300R
09-18-2007, 06:52 PM
i used them quite a few times with no problem. i never had to deal with their customer service though.:wondering

grundlegrabber
09-18-2007, 07:47 PM
I use service honda for all my OEM parts. I needed some gear and other stuff that I couldn't find all at the same place anywhere else. I shopped around and their prices were pretty good. I have one local dealer here and they suck. They hardly have any gear at all in stock, never what I want, and their prices are lousy. I emailed customer svc again yesterday and they have not responded so far. Anyone dealing with this operation beware. You better hope you never have a problem. If you do, good luck getting them to do anything about it. I'm calling the credit card company tomorrow and doing a chargeback.

mapyang
09-19-2007, 08:55 PM
Try www.mrcycles.com much better than bike bandit. just my 2 cents
Drew

scooterroo
09-19-2007, 09:12 PM
i actually just ordered thru bike bandit on monday, got the email today that all my parts have been shipped. i got all the seals and boots for the rear and front calipers on my t3, the exhaust hanging hardware, and a few other things. now lets see how long it takes to get them. so far the only problem i had with them was last year, the charged my credit card twice for the same order. took me like 2 weeks but they removed the charges.

Erics350x
09-22-2007, 09:56 PM
denniskirk.com
easy to deal with and cheaper on most stuff. about 3 day shipping

Dirtcrasher
09-23-2007, 10:11 AM
Service Honda, Western Honda, ThumperTalk, Dennis Kirk, Rocky Mountain ATV

Those are the main suppliers that I use. They all have phone numbers and I can talk to a real person.

I have had "something" go wrong with every single one that I just mentioned, but I buy ALLOT of parts for allot of different models. Each time I had a problem it was taken care of immediately. I even had a rip in my Honda parts box and about 200$ worth of stuff was gone. They didn't put the parts in a bag but just tossed them in the box. They overnighted me everything that was gone.

It's like Paypal and Ebay, you have to go through leaps and bounds just to talk to someone and each email takes 3 days to get a response to....

84honda200s
09-23-2007, 02:28 PM
i use dennis kirk and a place here in town. ive herd to many bad things about bike bandit from people around my town. if i buy anything online it will be from dennis kirk or rocky mountain.

3 weelin geezer
09-24-2007, 01:46 AM
Thats not cool. The only problem I have had with them is that the idiot at Kawasucky can't seem to ship the right part for my carb. I have had this thing being re-ordered (free of course) like 7 times from bike bandit and the dealer. Hopefully, this time the new guys at the dealer will talk to the right person and get it right. They keept saying that it was the right part because thats what it says in the book but when I showed it how it didn't allow the little choke lever to fit thats when he realized that there indeed IS a problem here. What pisses me off the most is that I emailed them directly, got a stupid scripted response to call someone, then after the 3rd email explaing why I am not interested in calling and how I can't send a picture of the carb showing my problem, then they said it was fixed and I could re order. Guess what? Wrong part again. Now they seem to have put me on their automatic spam blocker cause they don't answer the emails anymore. I wonder if its the same idiot as the one in their supply chain.

mike from long island
09-24-2007, 08:36 PM
Luckly I havent had any problems with them.Only order a few times.I can find better prices else where.But I do check with them too.I did have a problem with a carb kit from Dennis Kirk.I am not a big fan of them,but they handled the problem very quickly.I was impressed.I hope they clear the problem up for you.It is the little things like this that can end all buisness for them.Had your credit card not gone threw.They would have called you every minute until you responded!! They want their $$$$ thats for sure!!! Good luck and thanks for the warning,