PDA

View Full Version : ford pickup name

yamasaki1
10-24-2002, 10:50 PM
:?: does any one know the name of the pickup that ford made that was about the same thing as the chevy luv? small ranger-size pickup. if anyone could tell me, that be great
yamasaki1

freaksfix
10-24-2002, 11:49 PM
who cares its a ford send it to the crusher!!! lol..

MT350X
10-25-2002, 12:02 AM
it was a courior.... think it was built by mazda.

G-MAN-1
10-25-2002, 01:38 PM
FORD=found on road dead=====reverse=driver returned on foot.......................................only good names i have for ford sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ace Mon
10-25-2002, 01:42 PM
It was the courier , the same thing as the mazda truck , but the mazda was rotary powered

freaksfix
10-25-2002, 01:59 PM
F@#$ed
Over
Rebuilt
Dodge :D :D

10-25-2002, 04:29 PM
Fu(kers
Only
Run
Downhill

and yes DOWNHILL is 1 word!!

bebeav
10-25-2002, 04:33 PM
are u talking of the ford ligtning???

ALP
Beav

Mobular
10-25-2002, 07:22 PM
Flip over, read directions
FLlckin' old rusty Dodge

yamasaki1
10-25-2002, 07:45 PM
i don't like fords either. but this one (i think its a courier or some small pickup) is free! so me and my friends are going to go pick it up tomorrow or sunday and get it running. its a automatic, which i thought it'd be a 4 or 5 speed :? . the guy(btw, he's my english teacher) said it needs a condenser, not for the air conditioner though. and i didn't think that sounded right, then he said it was something electrical. so i don't know. he said it has mag wheels. i have no idea what those are. it runs on propane too. its been sittin outside for a hellla long time. and freaksfix had the right idea, we were thinkin of just trashin it, like backin into things, jumpin it, ya know :D . anyways, i was wondering how hard it would be to convert it over to gas again. :?: if anyone knows please tell. i'm out
later
yamasaki1

250rmanfmf
10-26-2002, 02:48 AM
Nice of you guys to pound a company that could destory any other company out there.

First On Race Day

Ford Power Storke Diesel

A Stroke is the end of the Heartbeat

heehee, have fun with the truck

freaksfix
10-26-2002, 09:40 PM
a good amount of propane cars and trucks were dual fuel...propane/gas... lot cars are the best..i have two a 74 intersmashable and a 81 blazer...my 89 old calis died 2 days into the fun but we got 4 feet of air outa her!!beat the hell outa it

jeswinehart
10-26-2002, 11:07 PM
lets not forget "fix or repair daily"
propane ? did i hear duel fuel too ?
okay, starting at the l.p.tank and working forward,,,,,,,, drop the tank, follow stainless steel wirebraid hose up to the fuel-lock and remove it as well as the hose. continue upstream to the vaporizer,,, remove goofy looking thing and re-join the heater hoses together ( it takes heat to vaporize liqiud propane- boiling point -44 f.)
you should have a bigger 1 inch hose going to the carb. where that comes in at the carb, re-move that adapter plate and drop the carb back down on the intake manifold. your original air cleaner was re-placed by the speacil adapter assembly wich you can probbly still use but make sure the bodine cable is pulled all the way out to give it the 15/1 air ratio for gasoline (it is located inside the the car by your knees- tee handle- pull all the way out). you also will have a fuel lock on the gas inlet line,,, remove it. if your propane factory vehical has been run on propane the majority of its life ( very likely) the fuel pump might not be up to peak performance if it works at all.
adjust the timimg advance forward a little (5 or 6-7 degree) if a older modle and e-bay that pile of propane stuff you have taken off.

enjoy,,,,,,,,, john

l.p. service guy,,, coming up on 24 years in the spring.

Howdy
10-27-2002, 06:27 AM
Be sure to check the frame for rust and breakage right around the back of the cab and around the rear axle. I owned one and the frame fell apart there.

I may still have a carb and some other parts for it. ( 2.3 motor )

ATC350X 85
10-29-2002, 10:50 PM
The condenser, not the a/c one is in the distributor. Its tha little thing that quiets the noise of everything so you cant hear it thru the radio, if you know what im talking about.

yamasaki1
10-30-2002, 12:07 AM
it is a courier. it sounds to confusing to switch it over to gas again, so we're prolly just gonna keep it propane. we're gonna buy another condenser for it and we were thinkin it'd be round 100 dollars, does this sound right? also, can someone post a pic of some "mag wheels"? ya i might get some pictures up after we get it. also, does anyone know a way to start it without fixing the electrical? wish it woulda been a 4 speed. after we have our fun, we're gonna sell it and try and make our money back
later

Mobular
10-30-2002, 01:14 AM
...noise suppressor...

ATC350X 85
10-30-2002, 01:52 PM
Ive never heard it called a noise suppressor, but its a little round thing about and inch long and half an inch wide with 1 wire going to it inside a distributor, Ive known it to be a condensor.

Mobular
10-30-2002, 04:53 PM
There is a condenser used in conjuntion with your points(if you still run those things!). There is also a suppressor that looks like a condenser...reduces ignition noise...mounts off the dist... Check radio shack for availability...

ATC350X 85
10-31-2002, 11:42 PM
Yeah thats what Im talking about. And no i still dont use one of those things... pure junk. Im all about the distributorless ignition system.

ATC crazy
11-01-2002, 09:45 PM
Chevy sucks Ford's tailpipe. Chevy's like a rock-It just sits there and rots cause you cant ever get them started. shitty chevys :D :clap :Beerchug