PDA

View Full Version : What i saw on tv today made me pi$$ed.

trimoto.125
09-22-2007, 08:03 PM
I was watching the news today and they were talking about atv's annd how there soo dangerous.They said that the number of accidents is going up and there are starting to be more deaths.They also said it isn't really a regulated sport and you can drive on a trail with out a licence( here goes another scam lol).The part that really made me mad was that they had to show a 3wheeler, i guess people are really convinced that all these atv's are dangerous. The thing that makes them dangerous is some of the drivers that drive like retardz and don't know their limit. If people keep up the wreckless driving, we are gonna loose these quads too. I can admit that i do drive fast sometimes but i know my limits and i am responsible and mature about it. I also heard on here at one point that they are trying to ban the use of trikes, this is just plain sad. We can own guns but we are trying to be stopped riding our trikes, this is pathetic.:wondering :crazy: :TrikesOwn

jason 32
09-22-2007, 09:08 PM
haha - we can own a gun -just cant use it
hey keep quiet will ya - the ba$tds will try to get plates on the again ect...

trimoto.125
09-22-2007, 10:01 PM
lol I'm sure they are going to make up a plan to ban quads from production. People crash in cars and motorcycles, i don't see what the big deal is.

super90
09-22-2007, 10:26 PM
Yeah its all completely retarded. People can ride motor cycles on the road and woods and noone ever complains about how unsafe they are. If your riding a motorcycle on the road and hit a patch of gravel you can lay it down easily in a turn. And on wet roads supermoto tires arnt the greatest. I wrecked a suzuki drz400 a few times on the road and its not fun! But yet these 3 wheeled death traps are too dangerous?? Cmon, I never and wrecked mine! Just tipped it into a snow drift doing 360s on a little road.

pickleweasel_00
09-22-2007, 10:34 PM
skateboards are probably even more dangerous, why don't we ban those while we're at it :wondering

team-red-rider
09-22-2007, 11:05 PM
u ever seen the show scarred on MTV? well bikes and boards are DEADLY I TELL YA lol

super90
09-22-2007, 11:08 PM
I keep wondering why theres never anything about motorcycles though? I bet more people are killed on them than ATVs every year. And ATVs server alot more purposes too. You can use atvs for hunting, farming, ice fishing, plowing, hauling and more. A dirtbike cant do any of thoes very effictively.

Jim mac
09-22-2007, 11:22 PM
Its funny how they need to regulate (tax) everything, I bet even with all the DUI laws more folks are killed by drunks, than ATVs. When those motorized bikes came out, The ones with the little 2 stroke motors, our overthinking city council was thinking about regulating those. I think our goverment should butt our lives. If I want to go and buy a atv and ride it, as long as Im not riding it stupid, and endangering other peoples lives or destroying property, it shouldnt be a issue. If I get hurt, well too bad, I should have known better. You hear about how kids are getting fat these days. Back in the day, you could get on your dirt bike, ride down the wash into the desert for a half a day. Go shooting at the san pedro river, (closed now because you might pi$$ off the birds). Seems kids cant have any fun, without having to go so far out of town, they really cant get there. No wonder they sit in front of the video games or hang out at the malls. Nothing else to do for them. jim

trimoto.125
09-23-2007, 07:36 PM
Yep it's pretty sad how we lost the trikes from production, i hope this wouldn't happen to quads. I was thinking about why trikes got banned from production today and i was thinking about how they "were death traps" and all that bs and i thought of another reason. Maybe they stopped making trikes because they needed to have a new type of product to sell, the 4 wheeler. I think quads were starting to be built and on the market on 85-86 but i'm not sure cuz i wasn't born yet lol. So they coulda just banned trikes (they existed while quads were being sold) to encourage the buying the new product>the 4 wheeler. Well heres another thing you guys can think about today. Was there more than one resaon why they banned trikes. Trikes kick azz man i don't care what anyone says.

super90
09-23-2007, 09:52 PM
The main reason was law suits I think. Parents bought there 10 year old kids 200xs, 350xs, and even 250rs probably. Put them on expecting it to be safe until little johnny gets daring and nails the throttle wide open, panics, then goes straight into a tree. Stupid people are the ones to blame for not responsibly riding them.

trimoto.125
09-24-2007, 05:40 PM
Yep lol i did know that did happen ,all the kiddies were riding the high performance trikes instead or their atc 70 or trimoto 125 lol.

jenndnn3
09-24-2007, 05:53 PM
1 cause of death is heart disease
2 cause of death Cancer
3 Stroke
4 unintended accidents (AUTO is the biggest)
5 Diabetes

I say we make law on what we eat first then go after the cancer causeing things.
You all have already taxed the hell out of my smoking habit and currently telling me I will die from an atv accident while you pork down some greasy french fries, sippen your diet pepsi... Sorry for my sarcasm..

trimoto.125
09-24-2007, 08:34 PM
lol

It would be sick if they removed the ban of production on trikes and a company made a high performance trike with like a banshee motor in it lol.

trimoto.125
09-25-2007, 05:59 PM
Maybe a banshee motor would be a little much lol.

trimoto.125
09-26-2007, 09:20 PM
??????????????

Georgia Boy 666
01-17-2009, 06:43 PM
i have never heard of someone who died on an atv- always hear about deaths on snowmobiles- i don't think they will ban atv's, only cause cops, DNR, and all that crap use them... Atvs are small and can basically go anywhere, and do anything- umm i forgot what the point of all that was lol--ttfn

The Goat
01-17-2009, 07:18 PM
I've had tw0 friends killed in my life... all were user error, but none of them were doing anything quite extraordinary when it happened.

first was in eigth grade, a buddy was going up a ditch on his 300 honda...it lost and regained traction...flipped over backwards, gastank/bike landed on his chest...we believe he was killed instantly.

second was my 10th grade year, guy was jumping a closed road on his atv, a driver of an rv went around the baracades...hit him mid jump, he never saw it coming.

accidents will always happen...with anything.

deathman53
01-17-2009, 09:59 PM
I heard about groups trying to stop production of quads a few years ago. Strangely enough the one group said something like " 3 wheeled atv's used to be easy to target, but now with higher performance 4 wheeled atv's and a new crop of people 8-13 yr old are finding themselves on big 4x4's and high powered sport quads." In the article is showed a 8 yr old on a grizzly 660, his feet could't even touch the pegs. I posted some 2 years ago about kids on adult sized quads and mini quads that were riding w/o parent supervision, swerving across the track, getting in the way of faster riders hitting the jumps and just being plain dangerous. I was scared to death when going for a jump and this kid on a lt80 swerved in front of me. I seen some others almost get landed on. Between the swerving, cutting in front of riders just before the jumps, stopping/slowing alot suddenly and riding 4 across the track(blocking it almost completely) it scared enough to get off the track. I said something to one of the parents, they cursed me out for riding a "death machine" trike and I should be looking out for them, riding slow so if they do something I have alot of time to react and keeping off the track when they are on. I told her, that she should be watching her kid riding and educating her kid how to ride safely, maybe riding behind her kid so that she can better monitor their riding and teach them what to and what not to do. And also so others can more easily see the kid(s) and keep out of the way. Lots of parents rode behind their kid for that exact reason. I went to the office and told them about this. They told her that whenever her kids are on the track, she needs to be actively monitoring their riding. She did this for a few minutes. About 20 minutes later, her kids were on the track doing their dangerous habits, the staff came over and told her to pack up and get out of here. Atv's aren't baby sitters and she was told already she needed to watch her kids while riding. There were some other kids doing the same, their parents got the message. After this the staff was out there seeing what atv's the kids were riding and how they were riding, kids riding atv's too big and dangerously were kicked off the track.

The Goat
01-17-2009, 10:48 PM
I saw a kid today on a brute force, he had to ride on the gas tank just to reach the handlebars, riding down the road in my ol lady's subdivision...

I was aching to tell him something....or better yet find his parents.

I honestly think I'll start calling the cops.

if he's big enough to handle the atv...that's one thing. if he's in a situation like that...that's something else.

3Razors
01-17-2009, 11:25 PM
I'd say for the majority of atv accidents its just nature taking its course.

300rman
01-17-2009, 11:56 PM

exactly....the world is overpopulated....if a 5 year old is out riding a banshee, well, thats a bona-fide case of nature weeding out the stupid ones.....YOU are your own responsibility, and nobody else's, and THAt is what is wrong with society today.....people thinking they have to MAKE their neighbor be safe.........

The Goat
01-18-2009, 03:39 PM
Normally I would agree, but in my personal experience neither guy was on a bike too big... Or doing anything beyond their abilities.

Freak accidents...

sasquatchdan
01-18-2009, 07:12 PM
It would be sick if they removed the ban of production on trikes and a company made a high performance trike with like a banshee motor in it lol.

The ban on the production of three wheelers was only a ten year ban. The ban was up in 1997. It just that now everyone is so scared of the "kill you just by standing to close" three wheelers, that there isn't enough demand for them anymore.

Dan

super90
01-18-2009, 07:18 PM

I would say the majority of it is. Most of the deaths related to atvs are stupid kids who think they are invincible and have no common sense. Its partially the parents fault also, like today I look out my window to see who was riding, and my neighbor bought his 9 year old son a 300ex. He cant even touch the pegs!

sasquatchdan
01-18-2009, 07:33 PM
I cant understand why anyone would think thats ok. Kids that young shouldn't be riding bikes that are too big for some adults. It just goes to show that stupid people shouldn't be allowed to breed.

3Razors
01-18-2009, 07:37 PM
It also applies to adults too. I too often when riding will see a group of squid riders with no helmet on, flip flop sandals and drinking busting down the desert at crazy speeds. Its just a recipe for disaster!

300rman
01-19-2009, 01:15 AM
Normally I would agree, but in my personal experience neither guy was on a bike too big... Or doing anything beyond their abilities.

Freak accidents...

yes, there are the occasional freak accidents too, but what in tis world can you do without the chance of one?

you could cross the street tomorrow and get tanked.......or a car could crash through your wall and impale you......never know.

The Goat
01-19-2009, 02:12 AM
New trike production is now banned. Went through a while back sucka

Red Rider
01-19-2009, 02:37 AM
Parents bought there 10 year old kids 200xs, 350xs, and even 250rs probably. Put them on expecting it to be safe until little johnny gets daring and nails the throttle wide open, panics, then goes straight into a tree. Stupid people are the ones to blame for not responsibly riding them.Actually it was the CPSC cracking down on the 3-wheeler's "poor handling" qualities. Sure, you & I know how to use our weight to make the trike handle properly, but put a 7 year old, or younger, on a cute little, fat-tired 110, and then expect that 110 to babysit your kid, and you've got a recipe for disaster. Rather than take responsibility for not teaching their kids to properly ride these trikes, parent's instead chose to blame the manufacturers (there may have been some urging from ambulance chaser lawyers also). Yada yada yada, no more trikes.