PDA

View Full Version : Polaris Cyclone

Chevy200s
09-24-2007, 08:45 AM
Well I finally got a four wheeler, I guess it had to happen someday. I found it on the side of the road, picked it up for $50 bucks, $3 for fuel line and $2 for spark plug and I had it going. I have a few questions about it though, this is my first polaris and I'm knew at these things.

Is the shifter for high/low or reverse? Second, do they still make an electric starter for this thing, mine is missing and I dont want to get dirt up in there where it goes. Also, does anyone have a diagram of how the rear brake setup connects to the pedal? My pedal is taken apart and I would like to put it back together. if the oil injection is long gone, can I just premix the gas? Also, is there anyway to tension the chain on the swing arm? Maybe mine is just missing the tension assembly but theres nothing there to adjust. Thanks guys

I'll try and post some pics of this thing when I get home from school tonight, it sure is different than what I'm used to. The thing is actually decently quick when it warms up and handles alright, it sure is funny looking though, haha. Well thats all I got for now, I'll put some pics up later. thanks in advance!

Wickedfinger
09-26-2007, 11:42 PM
Yes you can run it on pre-mix. Just make sure the auto lube ports are well capped. What year is it.

Nick_R_23
09-27-2007, 02:55 AM
To tighten the chain, you will have to loosen the carrier in the swingarm and rotate the carrier itself, the axle is offset in the carrier and when it rotates it pulls the axle back and tightens your chain.

-Nick

Chevy200s
09-27-2007, 12:10 PM
hey thanks guys, appreciate the information. it looks like the ports were already capped off by the previous owner so thats good, I'm using Amsoil synthetic dominator 50:1 but mixing at about 40:1 hoepfully thats a good mix.

So it sounds like this is similar to how to tighten the chain on the 83-84 ATC 250R? Cool, that doesnt sound to complicated as long as its not froze up in there.

Do you guys know of any websites were I can find more information on this thing, I havent been able to find much online.

WickedFinger, it looks like its an 87. I cant find a build tag on it or anything, but it looks like the pictures I have seen of other 87 cyclones. I also realized that what i thought was a rear brake pedal/lever is aparently the reverse/forward lever assembly, so now I have to figure out how that attaches.

I have to admit the thing is pretty quick when I can get it started. I think this one needs the carb adjusted though, as its really hard to start after I've been riding it for a while. Also, do you guys know where I could get the plastic piece that sends the air off the clutch/fan up to the cylinder? Mine didnt come with one.

Thanks guys, appreciate the help!

RedRider_AK
09-28-2007, 01:45 PM
Is the Cyclone something like the older version of the Trailblazer?

Chevy200s
10-05-2007, 12:03 PM
I honestly cant tell, it looks the exact same to me for everything except plastic. i've been riding it around quite a bit, its not bad for a four wheeler. It turns quite a bit sharper than my brothers 230 quadsport and is a little quicker too. when thing has warmed up it moves along nice, I guess for $50 it was worth loadin up, haha. pics comming soon...

Wickedfinger
10-11-2007, 09:06 PM
Yeah, the older models of the cyclone were pretty quck .... their secret was in the fact that they came with a factory 38mm Flatslide carb and pretty radical porting. The base HP of the the older 244cc motor was 30hp!.