PDA

View Full Version : Mini Excavators/Heavy Equipment Operators

BigGreenMachine
09-24-2007, 06:40 PM
Anyone get to use those compact (read mini) excavators?? At my g/f's place Saturday and watched one dig up her back yard. 07 Kubota KX36-3? Did a real clean and quick job of it. Need something a little bigger to speed things up.

I see a lot of them around here, at least 3 on my daily commute. The school where I'll be taking a heavy equipment operator course just got a nice new Yanmar mini. Hoping we get a lot of seat time in it. Start mid next month and finish around springtime. Then its off to Austin, Tx to look for work while I bunk at my bro's house.

Anyone know some good companies or contractors that work in Tx or Austin?

Anyone get lots of seat time in the minis? I'd love to buy one to use on my own land or for money on the side.

BigGreenMachine
09-24-2007, 08:52 PM
Very cool John. Is your wife an equipment operator by trade or just messing around?

chickunfut
09-24-2007, 10:03 PM
There are several large companies in TX that use heavy equipment operators.. Two that come to mind are Mario Sinacola & Sons (BIG) and Rodman Excavating. Those two seem to get most of the highway contracts and have the nicest equipment......
You can also look at some of the electric utilities in TX... Coal strip mining and construction.... Plenty of opportunity in Texas for the good ol' blue collar workers....!!

brapp
09-25-2007, 12:14 PM
i have my own smallexcavatign company and i have a relitivly small kubota mini excavator its a kx91-3 its aprox 7800lbs and hasnever let me down. and is grea t for helpign out in sticly situations i get myself into.