PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3

pickleweasel_00
09-25-2007, 11:02 AM
So did anybody sit in line for this last night? I put my copy on pre-order about a year ago i think (geez, I'm a nerd) hope it comes in soon. Anybody else into any of the Halo games? I like them because it's kind of surreal to play, the graphics and deffinately the music help make the game what it is. Plus it has an actual story line. Maybe I'm the only one? :wondering

threewheelin-feelin
09-25-2007, 11:10 AM
me and my buddies all had a blast on the first halo... i wasint that impressed with the second one...but i dont spend much time on video games anymore anyway

pickleweasel_00
09-25-2007, 11:19 AM
Yeah, i don't do alot of it anymore either, but Halo is about the only game I ever make time to play. I dunno, i think it's pretty cool

oldsking86
09-25-2007, 11:21 AM
yea it's fun but I suck at hit lol I think it has to do with the xbox controller configuration

icp4life162005
09-25-2007, 06:31 PM
dude I have just been playing the game for the last 8+ hours. My friends went to e b games last night for midnight madness and had a great time. Halo 3 ROCKS! we beat the campaign in co-op already, and were playing online some. If anyone wants to know what happens PM me and I will tell you.

Rookie
09-25-2007, 06:41 PM
I put it on reserve for my son. I picked it up today. He got home at 3 and I haven't heard a thing out of him since:wondering . He gets into it and loved the other 2. I don't play that stuff.

Eric250R
09-25-2007, 08:37 PM
Yep, stood in line for 4 hours last night at game stop. It was pretty cool though, met alot of cool people and after about 2 hours game stop ordered about 100 pizzas and about 100 cases of coke. Was a good time, been playing hard for hours.

pickleweasel_00
09-26-2007, 11:59 AM
Guess I'm not the only one after all... :D I checked on my order and it is supposed to be coming in sometime today. I sprung for the legendary edition with the extra books, dvds, helmet, etc. Probably don't need it but should be worth it :beer

ATC-Eric
09-26-2007, 02:58 PM
I lost a year of college to the first Halo. I was alright, kinda like my pool game. I either suck, or I will completely run the most experienced of players.

I heard they had a lot of issues with shipping, like a bunch of the cd's came out of the cases scratched. Anybodys come damaged?

Eric250R
09-26-2007, 06:19 PM
Both of my discs were loose when I opened my case, but thankfully neither was strached.

Dammit!
09-26-2007, 06:23 PM
I played the first one. Hated it. I'm a CPMA (http://www.promode.org/) elitist snob though. :lol:

Kilborg
09-26-2007, 09:27 PM
Iv played 1 and 2 quite a bit even though iv never had an xbox...its pretty common to stop at a freinds house and have a controller open for deathmatch.

Like damnit Im pretty much a quake guy. Q2 was probably my favorite, but q1 and q3 have taken countless hours as well. Halflife and Cs and some other mods were good too. Nowadays I play warhawk and resistance: fall of man on my ps3 as far as shooters...pc games i play are dawn of war and warcraft.

I dig the video games, not a bad way to relax after a long day of my goto work then go riding scheadule.

Xowner
09-26-2007, 11:23 PM
ahhh just logged another 4 hours online

DeePa
09-27-2007, 06:03 PM
6 hours last night...love it...

halo ce is still the best out there. if they would just put that on xbl id be set...

gamertag is same as my username here.

Mike

LonesomeTriZ
09-27-2007, 11:11 PM
Why do you all want to play a video game that involves shooting aliens when you can go to the border and do it in real life?

SYKO
09-27-2007, 11:19 PM
man! I got 1000+ differnt video game titles on 10 differnt systems and ever waited in line for a game!! I have never been able to get into those types of games like HALO, I prefer my racing games and RPG's such as phantasy Star, Star ocean, Final Fantasy titles, shadow hearts, andsuch as those, and I have alot of 80's atari and nintendo and master system games to play! oH and if you have a NEC turbografix16 and want to get rid of some games I'm looking for any games to that system!

Eric250R
09-28-2007, 08:14 PM
First person shooters and racing games for me. Love'em. Syko, I've still got my original Sega master system, my Sega Genesis, My Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, N64, Xbox, and my Xbox 360. Sorry, no Turbographics games though. Odd, you should mention it, was just asking a few guys at work today if they remembered it.

pickleweasel_00
09-28-2007, 09:44 PM
I like that the graphics are amazing, they put in music that gives the game a whole different feel than if it didn't have it, and it has a pretty cool story line through the whole trilogy. I'm more of a campaign player than online but then again, never done much online anyways

3 weelin geezer
10-05-2007, 09:14 PM
dude I have just been playing the game for the last 8+ hours. My friends went to e b games last night for midnight madness and had a great time. Halo 3 ROCKS! we beat the campaign in co-op already, and were playing online some. If anyone wants to know what happens PM me and I will tell you.

I heard that some master control doesn't die or something. :rolleyes: Again. I want my GTA IV. What I hear sucks about that one is that the cops have this sectors of visibility. Kinda like the Driver game. I HATE that !! I guess they can still see you even if you run into a room 2 blocks away but are still within the circle of being wanted. Probably can't see them though until they whiz around the corner to smash you flat! I hope they have some cooler weapons than the rocket launcher. Something even MORE destructive. Like an m203 or its cousin for the ak-47.

Brockey
11-03-2007, 07:17 PM
Ahhhh, gonna log a few hours online. I turned on my system and waited for the green lights. Boy when those circle of lights turn red, known as the ring of death I am told you are #!$%ed. Now what? Anyone ever have the circle of death.

Eric250R
11-03-2007, 09:21 PM
Most likely your hard drive died. You can try to take it off, turn your box back on for a while then turn it off and put your drive back on. If that doesn't work, time to upgrade to the monster hard drive....lol.

Brockey
11-03-2007, 10:08 PM
No its not the harddrive. That was the first thing I tried. I tried the towe; trick aswell with no results. :(

icp4life162005
11-04-2007, 02:58 AM
If its 3 red lights it is covered by microsoft in a new extended warrantee on all Xbox's for ONLY the 3 red lights. The will fix free of charge. Hit me up on halo 3 if you want to play tonight. My gamer tag id Thund3r Chee5e (I think it is atleast)

Brockey
11-04-2007, 10:39 AM
My gamer tag is NL Blaze . I gotta get the machine working first tho.

Tatersaladx
11-05-2007, 01:46 AM
The same thing happened to me last month, we had a whole LAN party set up, turned on my Xbox, next thing i see is 3 red lights. Thats a pretty horrible feeling, getting all pumped for some LAN action, then see the ring of death. I shipped my 360 out a few weeks ago =/ i wonder where it is right now.