PDA

View Full Version : Chinese enduro bike question

booblinker
09-27-2007, 06:07 PM
I have been contemplating picking up one of those chinese enduro bikes, with a 200cc Lifan motor. Anybody have PERSONAL experience with them. Will they actually last a while? I had a road bike version, it was slow off the line, and i only put like 100 miles on it before i had to sell it. Ay info would be appreciated.

kwbyfrmhell
09-27-2007, 06:44 PM
I can not recomend it , I think you would be better of finding a used Japanese, I have 3 broke down kids quads 4 broken pocketbikes and one broke dirtbike, all are Chinese, the frame actually bent and craked on the 125 dirtbike, all the bolts come out , the plastic pieces.. i.e. headlight switches break...

booblinker
09-27-2007, 07:26 PM
Thats kinda what i figured, but thought id ask. Guess ill try to find a decent xr 250, hmm or maybe and xr650 :twisted:

super90
09-27-2007, 10:58 PM
You would be more happy with a japanese bike like a honda xr. The chinese bikes are not worth it, most of the stuff is generic junk, but the lifan engines arnt that bad.

El'Capitan
09-28-2007, 01:52 AM
do you guys one one? personally we have two of them, for the price they cant be beat. 99% of guys who talk crap about the chinese bikes have never owned one and are just like "ohhh, its not a honda, it sucks". :rolleyes: for the price they cant be beat, look nice and ride the same.

booblinker
09-28-2007, 12:43 PM
do you guys one one? personally we have two of them, for the price they cant be beat. 99% of guys who talk crap about the chinese bikes have never owned one and are just like "ohhh, its not a honda, it sucks". :rolleyes: for the price they cant be beat, look nice and ride the same.
Which ones do you have, how long have you had them, nd how many miles on them. You just use them on rodad, or just offroad, or both?

3Wheelers4Life
09-28-2007, 03:07 PM
I can not recomend it , I think you would be better of finding a used Japanese, I have 3 broke down kids quads 4 broken pocketbikes and one broke dirtbike, all are Chinese, the frame actually bent and craked on the 125 dirtbike, all the bolts come out , the plastic pieces.. i.e. headlight switches break...

same here, my friend had one, and i dont mean to be putting them down or anything to make 'name brands' sound better, but it was JUNK. ever time he would ride it something would break, and he would not even ride it hard. it would take 3+ months to get the parts, if the company would even send them, if they did not get lost in the mail. personally i would stay way from them.

mymint87
09-29-2007, 02:40 AM
I have 2 of em..I admit that I checked all the bolts when I first got em to see if they are tight..:banned: (and a few were loose):banned: ..and I periodically recheck em to keep em snug...but Im perfectly happy...big bang for a buck...:welcome:

:postwhore Capitalism Rules:postwhore

kwbyfrmhell
09-29-2007, 01:32 PM

lol I have a 200 kazuma enduro that is 2 an half years old, The plastic pieces for the side have broke off, the rear brakes dont have a return spring you just keep tighning the bolt, The engine mount bolts have all broke off, some had to be drilled out, the fork seals have gone bad, the seat is ripped worse than any of my 20 year old trikes, handlebars have bent from no crash. tailpipe broke off. frame is cracking in one spot, the spokes have come loose, and also several have come loose from the actual hub.. Of course I take mine out on the trails, not just to the store. the odometer only reads 700 miles, but that stopped working about 4 months ago

kwbyfrmhell
09-29-2007, 01:33 PM
I also have 4 of the quads that where given to me cause the dont work.....

mymint87
09-29-2007, 02:09 PM
I also have 4 of the quads that where given to me cause the dont work.....

:postwhore well you must like em:postwhore .....You took em:welcome: :lol:

chickunfut
09-29-2007, 03:50 PM
dont forget the lead paint!!

I know a couple people that bought them and they thought they were nice until they had broken them and couldn't get the parts to fix them...

I bought my son a Kawasaki KFX50 this year and its made by Kymco.. I hate to admit that the chineese have anything worth a damn, but that little quad is very very nice and designed well... Very happy with it..

hancadam
09-29-2007, 03:57 PM
I have owned two. Both of the engines where rock solid. One a lifan the other a loncin. I have also put a Lifan engine on a 200x and it was great. You get what you pay for. The frames are not as good, and the plastics really do suck. Mine where very brittle. BUT for the money they cannot be beat. Make sure you lock tite all the bolts and you will be finee. Would not recommend any jumping either. I used mine for riding on the road and light trails. I put over 1000 miles on one of them before selling it to fund other projects.

MotorCity
10-06-2007, 08:18 AM
Chinese garbage!!!!!!!!