PDA

View Full Version : junkyards?????????????????????

storm_impulse
09-28-2007, 11:09 PM
does anyone have any ties to major big car junk yards? im looking for a specific car and i cant seem to find one around here. please help.

Jim mac
09-28-2007, 11:21 PM
should post what car and what your looking for. do a search on craigslist too. jim

storm_impulse
09-28-2007, 11:27 PM
should post what car and what your looking for. do a search on craigslist too. jim

ok im looking for a 1991 isuzu impulse rs. its AWD and turbo. the reason im looking for a whole car is cause maybe a junkyard will part it out. trying to find just the parts i want are impossible. there was only 800 of these cars brought to the USA. most are in junkyards or in a garage. if anyone can find one of these in a junk yard and can find out if it can be parted out and hook me up id be willing to dish out 100 bucks for the hook up plus whatever the parts will cost. the engine codes is 4xe1-wt. i need the turbo, the manifold, the computer/ecm, and the intercooler. all these parts are a direct bolt on for my geo storm.

storm_impulse
09-28-2007, 11:58 PM
c'mon someone will make a easy 100 bucks!

Dustin87R
09-29-2007, 12:15 AM
I'll check around here but don't get your hopes up.The price of scrap metal went way up a couple of months ago and most of the junkyards are empty.

storm_impulse
09-29-2007, 07:16 AM
thanks man. the price of scrap metal went up here 2. lots off people are hauling old junk cars for scrap. i already had 2 hauled off for 75 bucks. its cool to get paid for something that isnt worth anything.:crazy: thanks to anyone that is looking into this for me. unfortunatly west virginia's junk/salavage yards sold out and had all there scrap sent to pitsburg to the steel mills to be melted down. sucks major.

LonesomeTriZ
09-29-2007, 09:54 AM
try junkyarddog.com. I think that is the address. I know some guys that are real damn good at locating complete cars. But they specialize in old muscle.

storm_impulse
09-29-2007, 03:47 PM
thanks bro. ill give em a call.

84honda200s
09-29-2007, 04:06 PM
ill keep my ears and eyes open for ya. i did some looking already and now i know why you want them parts so bad. a smaller car that can rock a vett and stang stock!!! jezz man. im more of an old muscle guy but i do like the supra. now i think i may have found another i like.

storm_impulse
09-29-2007, 05:16 PM
finally someone else that can relate to this car. these are very fast stock 4 bangers and there not well known. they only run 8 lbs of boost. i had a chance to buy one for 500 bucks but i wanted my atc more. kinda glad i turned it down but then again i hate myself for it. the only reason i want this isuzu impulse is cause of the parts i can use on my geo storm gsi A.K.A isuzu piazza nero. these are unknown tuners that can be made fast. but as always alot of people have dissed geo/isuzu. i want to boost mine so i can show these honda guys up. im tired of there big fart cans, shopping cart handle bar spoilers and well u get the idea. if anyone has seen a old junk lotus elan m100( which is doubtful) please let me know. they pretty much have the same motor as my storm except there 1.6 dohc turbo. mine is a dohc 1.8 non turbo. thanks in advance.

84honda200s
09-29-2007, 06:00 PM
i had a bud that had a geo prizim (sorry for spelling) he had all tuned up. that little 4 banger beat cars that you wouldnt think possible. he put it on dyno (i was told) and he was getting 483 fwhp out of it. he spent big bux on the engine. looked like a pile of crap. shaved doors and all primer. he also ran a real exhaust (greddy 2.5 inch) from front to back. sounded nice and ran better. im kinda sick of people putting type R stickers on a civic with a 4 inch can and calling it a type R. its the as we here in town call townies that give tuners a bad name. not all imports are slow like most people think. take the r34, supra tt, 240sx, rx7, and the list goes on and on. but as i say i love old American muscle. like the judge,six pack, super bee, charger, and the list goes on. how ever im not much for vetts and stangs. i just feel there are better older cars such as the old mopar powered beasts.

well sorry for rambling on man. its not too often this site sees someone that likes imports. i also didnt mean to jack your topic. im going to talk to some budies tonight and see what i can come up with.

icp4life162005
09-29-2007, 07:09 PM
I have a plymouth colt that i want to dump a 4G63T in for the same reason. its a pile of crap, but with that stock engine in it, it will be a killer.

storm_impulse
09-29-2007, 08:17 PM
i had a bud that had a geo prizim (sorry for spelling) he had all tuned up. that little 4 banger beat cars that you wouldnt think possible. he put it on dyno (i was told) and he was getting 483 fwhp out of it. he spent big bux on the engine. looked like a pile of crap. shaved doors and all primer. he also ran a real exhaust (greddy 2.5 inch) from front to back. sounded nice and ran better. im kinda sick of people putting type R stickers on a civic with a 4 inch can and calling it a type R. its the as we here in town call townies that give tuners a bad name. not all imports are slow like most people think. take the r34, supra tt, 240sx, rx7, and the list goes on and on. but as i say i love old American muscle. like the judge,six pack, super bee, charger, and the list goes on. how ever im not much for vetts and stangs. i just feel there are better older cars such as the old mopar powered beasts.

well sorry for rambling on man. its not too often this site sees someone that likes imports. i also didnt mean to jack your topic. im going to talk to some budies tonight and see what i can come up with.

thanks alot man. i like muscle also. i have a 1992 dodge dakota LE with a 318 that has a holly fuel management system. thats all that has been done to it. im looking to drop the motor into a dodge duster, but thats later down the road. i like imports more because its amazing how u can take a 4 banger or a v6 and make it push as many horse power as a v8 and sometime more. i rank my in a diffrent class tho when it comes to imports. ya it is a import but its a cheap and not to common type of import that has a diffrent background then most. my suzi ( geo storm gsi) is a good car tho. it gets 38mpg highway and 34mpg city, altho me and suzi went through the worst. i traded my low rider isuzu pick up for the storm i have now and 2 days after i traded , my suzi caught fire and pretty much burnt the whole car. i desided "ok im going to make a race car outta a car that was designed to do only 100mph" and so i am. after 3 years of pretty much piecing this car back together i think its finally ready for some boost under the hood. i had thoughts about selling my atc to complete this car but i cant. there is no way in hell im selling my atc:TrikesOwn ok sorry for the rambling. i got carried away

84honda200s
09-29-2007, 08:30 PM
lol its your thread you can do as you please. i would like to see someone drop a supra tt engine into a cilica or camery (sorry for spelling again) that would be a hell of a sleeper car. nobody would ever expect a low end car with a juiced snappy motor. it would take allot of work because the supra is rear wheel drive and the other 2 arnt. but would be cool to see.

storm_impulse
09-29-2007, 08:33 PM
lol its your thread you can do as you please. i would like to see someone drop a supra tt engine into a cilica or camery (sorry for spelling again) that would be a hell of a sleeper car. nobody would ever expect a low end car with a juiced snappy motor. it would take allot of work because the supra is rear wheel drive and the other 2 arnt. but would be cool to see.
i though about something like that. mazda r-x7 motor in a metro. definatly a suped up weed wacker. it would have to tear the wheels off. do u have any pics of *Edited**Edited* current muscle car?

84honda200s
09-29-2007, 08:37 PM
lol i like em but i aint got one. i know some guys that do. one has a cuda they other had a 32 coupe with dual 383 strokers on it. and the other had a chevy maza with a beefed 454. it was his drag car.

Yamada
09-29-2007, 08:44 PM
I have a plymouth colt that i want to dump a 4G63T in for the same reason. its a pile of crap, but with that stock engine in it, it will be a killer.

My first car was a colt. I don't know why but damn, I miss this car.
It was may be slower than my civic but hey it has 375 000 km on the clock. Not so bad.

I heard that some wicked guys here in quebec bored a suzuki swift 1.3 (which I think are similar, read near, those suzuki and isuzu) to accept some type-r honda piston ( the piston wrist pin were the same diameter then the swift rod they said??. the engine was then a 13:1 compression and was a real screamer.
Gotta love sleeper

storm_impulse
09-29-2007, 09:20 PM
ya suzuki has done some work on the swift *Edited**Edited* talking about. TEAM SWIFT has done alot of work for us isuzu owners. one of the main guys, SUPERF1Y does awsome cam grinds for cheap. i wanted to get it done so my motor will rev to 10,000 rpm insted of 7600. the suzuki swift is the same as the geo metro except the swift GTI came with a 1.3 4 cyl. dohc turbo engine as to where the geo metro has a 1.2 or 1.3 SOHC non turbo 3 cyl. the name GEO was just a USA name for the imported cars. like mine. the manufacture is ISUZU but its name is geo. the geo metro prolly has a suzuki manufacture plate. the GEO prizm is actually a toyota corolla, which is now chevy prizm and not corolla anymore. its alil crazy if u think about it. gmc kinda did the same thing as chevy back on the old pick-ups, but in all reality they both was the same cause they both was made by general motors. ok enough about all that crap. god my head hurts from all the thinking.

tbirdscott
09-29-2007, 10:29 PM
The 3 cylinder suzuki's in america were al 1.0l (996cc) the 4 cylinders are 1.3l. A turbo gti can get insane for cheap. My 87 turbo sprint (turbo charged 3cyl) will keep up with a 5.0l stang no problem, really pisses off the guys in the trailer park!

I'm gonna get a cam and head kit from superf1y once I finish rebuilding my spare engine, one of the most underrated cars out there.

Scott

jason85atc250r
09-29-2007, 10:35 PM
does anyone have any ties to major big car junk yards? im looking for a specific car and i cant seem to find one around here. please help.

you need to come up hear for the weekend. there are about 6 u pull it salvage yards within 2 hours of my house. the ones about 100 acres and ones about 70 acres

they sell the stuff cheap you pay $2 to enter and pull the parts and lug it to the office and pay. the one even has a motorcycle/lawnmower section.

storm_impulse
09-30-2007, 12:27 AM
The 3 cylinder suzuki's in america were al 1.0l (996cc) the 4 cylinders are 1.3l. A turbo gti can get insane for cheap. My 87 turbo sprint (turbo charged 3cyl) will keep up with a 5.0l stang no problem, really pisses off the guys in the trailer park!

I'm gonna get a cam and head kit from superf1y once I finish rebuilding my spare engine, one of the most underrated cars out there.

Scott

my bad. got the fact mixed up. TEAM SWIFT and SUPERF1Y is the shiat.

jason85atc250r
09-30-2007, 12:31 AM
let me know when youwant to come up to check out those places

storm_impulse
09-30-2007, 12:34 AM
i will bro. once my lil brother gets his truck fixed ill head up that way. id like to bring my storm but no way in hell am i haulin parts in it. lol

yyz4208@aol.com
09-30-2007, 06:45 PM
I work at a junk yard and we get between 20 to 40 cars a day in and have never seen teh car your looking for email me with the parts you need and If we get one in I will get the parts you need