PDA

View Full Version : Kfx Carb Pissing Gas: PLEASE HELP

cody2
09-29-2007, 12:45 PM
Well it was flooded bad and what not,so i took out the fuel screw to let some gas out,now i cant get it back in for some reason or another and its just pissing gas. could this cause serious issues? and why cant i turn the gas off on my kfx it has this pri position which i was told was for starting on cold days. and dont laugh at my lack of fixing talent please,haha.

3leggeddog
09-29-2007, 05:57 PM
just buy this 39mm fcr carb i got,and throw that stocker in the trash!

badasskfx
09-30-2007, 09:42 AM
pri by passes the vacume operated petcock if its on the on posistion it only lets gas threw the petcock when the engine is cranking or running. there realy is no off posistion. the screw sounds like you stripped it out. if money is tight just epoxy the hole closed. or by the aftermarket carb offered above

jason 32
10-01-2007, 03:11 AM
??the floats shut off the fuel- i had a bad issue with my kawi streetbike - the petcocks suck-
check the float height- if its letting in too much fuel- or not shutting off (because of a wore out needle)-- it could let fuel overflow ,and run straight into the cylinder- (flooding it out)- this was happining to mine-
new needle and seat- adjust the float height-
prime,on ect... nothing will fix the petcock- its designed that way-
fix the carb--- thers nothin wrong to change the carb- just a lil figuring out and simple fixing---

cody2
10-05-2007, 12:24 PM
thanks for the advice,i didn't know what i was doing so i took it back to the dealer, They fixed it. It now has an elderbrock carb? did i spell that right? im not sure if they have installed yet but it should be a good improvement. I heard that a yfz 450 carb would fit is that true? i could have bought my friends for $150.

cody2
10-05-2007, 12:25 PM
it was the needle and something else, ill have it back soon ill tell you then. i also got nerf bars put on it (not sure what brand, they were $270)

icp4life162005
10-05-2007, 01:55 PM
you got ripped off on the nerfs and probably on the carb to.

Lomax
10-05-2007, 03:29 PM
If the nerfs were new and depending on brand It sounds like it could be a decent deal. A YFZ carb new is over 700 bucks so 150 is a good price. If the nerfs were used it doesnt sound so good

cody2
10-07-2007, 01:24 PM
If the nerfs were new and depending on brand It sounds like it could be a decent deal. A YFZ carb new is over 700 bucks so 150 is a good price. If the nerfs were used it doesnt sound so good

the nerfs are brand new pro armors from the factory (i thought it was a pretty decent deal there pretty good looking nerfs). And im going to try and get that yfz carb on they put a elderbrock on it but its screwed up and it wont even run.

cody2
10-07-2007, 01:26 PM
Im not a very good mechanic i think im trading the bike in on an outlaw 450 mx. They will trade my bike and $3500. They just basically told me they had trouble fixing it because of all the mods. They also told me that it had a 510 big bore kit on it. Is this even possible? I didnt think that would work, but then again you can put a big block in a Honda civic cant you?