PDA

View Full Version : Whats involved in making a web site?

225DX DUDE
10-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Hi, I was wondering whats involved in making a website? Can anyone give me someinformation on it and where I can make a free one? Let me know, Thanks

225DX DUDE

350Xhilaration
10-06-2007, 03:01 PM
If you have a gmail account you can start a "googlepage" for free. They have a simple editor that can get you something quick and easy, but I'd recommend learning HTML if you want to know what's going on behind the scenes. Visit http://www.w3schools.com/ to learn everything you want to know about web developing.

If you don't have a gmail account, I can send you an invite. I just need your email address.

Google hosts for free but I'm not sure of the limitations. Other sites like www.webmasters.com offer a lot more functionality but cost about $10/month.

Good luck!!

team-red-rider
10-06-2007, 03:08 PM
i like using bravehost.com
thats where i host my HPUmotorsports website
www.HPUmotorsports.bravehost.com

Orangecnty250r
10-06-2007, 03:57 PM
Does anyone know why all my Tiger stuff on my Tiger webpage doesnt show up on a google search with the free google webpage

Mosh
10-06-2007, 04:58 PM
Ask Mrs.mosh about that.OC.She has a working knowledge of how to manipulate key words and search engines,to get the webcrawler to browse over your site more.
She also did some submissions to the big search engines.
The more sites you link your site too and are linked from,the more likely a webcrawler will hit it.
Sites are listed on searches according to most popular hits and the amount they get hit on.Hope that helps you.Ask her she knows more bout it than me.
Speaking of,next time we do a update,I will link your site to help you some.