PDA

View Full Version : Honda TRX300/Rancher/ Foreman/Rubicon/Rincon Owners

ATC crazy
05-16-2003, 04:50 PM
http://www.highlifter.com/store/catalogdiscbrake.html

Do any of ya'll have this kit, or have had experience with it????
I hate dumb drum brakes. Nothing but a waste of time and energy :evil: Please tell me your opinions on this product.

200xer
05-16-2003, 10:04 PM
why do you hate drum brakes? I wish my 200x had drum brakes because none of the 3 rear master cylinders will pump. Yes disks are better, but drums last forever, work great even when you're mud riding, and are cheaper to replace the pads.

atcmatt
05-17-2003, 05:20 AM
drum brakes RULE!!!! cheap, effective and last forever! you ponly gotta change pads every now and then!!!!

stick with the drum!

ATC crazy
05-17-2003, 07:07 PM
I don't want to start a fight, but I hate those damn things...Nothing but added weight. The Fronts on my Foreman are Hydrallic (sp.) triple-sealed units and all they do is lock-up on the slightest pull of the lever. I took them apart this afternoon and about a handfull of water poured out. :x I took them apart 2 months ago and coated the seals w/ waterproof grease too. My rear brakes just plain don't work...I pick up speed going down hills. :rolleyes: Not to mention the constant adjusting of them. I would much rather trash them for disks with better performance, looks, not having to adjust them or take them apart every month or so for cleaning. I don't care that disks wear out faster than drums...Its worth it for the above reasons. Drums make better flower pots. :evil:

200xer
05-19-2003, 12:14 AM
darn, no fight hehe. It said they are dual piston wilwood brakes, good stuff. Most disk brakes are only single pistons. While I have not used them specially I know Wilwood have good brake systems. the price doesn't seem too bad if it's for both sides too. I'd say go for it.

ATC crazy
05-19-2003, 04:32 PM
Yeah...Wilwood used to be makers of systems on Ferrari's, and Lamborghini's. The kit is for both sides and I am seriously thinking about getting it soon. :rolleyes: