PDA

View Full Version : what does the conferderate flag mean to you??

mike from long island
05-16-2003, 11:09 PM
i had a friend killed two sundays ago. the drive is alive and will be ok. long story behind that car accident, but anyway. as a memorial,the telephone pole that they hit someone put a confederate flag on it.now the 19 year old who was killed was nickname huckleberry. he was a redneck and drove an older chevy with the metal confederate flag license plate. heres my problem, some arse hole who just moved out here from the city says the flag represents racism!!!!! kiss my hairy arse!!!! it means rebel to me!!!! they made the department of transportation take the flag down!!! what happent to the first ammendment!!! i am very upset AND ANGRY AT THIS PERSON/PERSONS who have nothing better to do they trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro and moan about everything!!! it was never ment to mean racism. it was there as a rememberance of our friend. those people should be ashamed of themselves and have no respect for the family who also put up a flag!!! it sickens me so much.just telling you makes me so mad!!!!!!!!!! anyway a friend of 19 died and left another friend with his death on his concience forever. he was a good kid, i will miss him. for those who dont know, my yellow chevy belonged to him(the kid who was killed). so i am planning on putting a little rememberance on the truck dedicated to him.just my way to keep his memory. thanks mike

Andrew
05-16-2003, 11:24 PM
im a yankee,but i too love the south and the confederate flag,u have every right to be upset at this person/persons,personally i would find out who this person/persons is and kick the everliving trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro out of him! twisted just my 2 cents

wanta250r
05-16-2003, 11:43 PM
I hate people that do that go around and take everything away that they don't like, dirty commie bastards evil twisted evil

J.D.
05-16-2003, 11:44 PM
It certainly does not stand for racism. The Rebel flag is about heritage, MY heritage, and I tell ya what....if I can find a Stars 'n Bars seat cover, it's going on my Tri-Z seat. I'm gonna put a huge Stars 'n Bars over my back window, I'm a big souther dude. All my family is from North Carolina and has been for a long time. Stupid people piss me off! The Confederate flag is far from a symbol of racism plus it is a MAJOR part of American History! It's who we are man!

wanta250r
05-16-2003, 11:48 PM
My avatar is what i'm like lol

smokinwrench
05-17-2003, 12:13 AM
REBEL 100%

I have always been known as the rebel mechanic, so I got a tatoo of 2 impacts crossed over a rebel flag.

Redneck to the bone.

Josh

NOS_350X
05-17-2003, 01:28 AM
it mees rebel if your racest carve KKK into your forhead or a swasticka(nazi sign) on your arm it dosent matter to me weather the rebel flag is saying your a rebel or not you still have the right to show it if you want

Mike Fort Laud
05-17-2003, 11:44 AM
The flag represents " HERATIGE NOT HATE" The flag represents the 13 original colonys that fought for this country. On the left rear fender of 250R there is a 1"x2" half American Flag half Rebel Flag. And on the back window of my truck...same sticker. It seems that the ***** are the only ones that are offended by our flag. I have never seen any other minority call it offensive. But there will always be somebody to complain and screw up a good thing for everybody.

Edited By HondaATC for Content

TimSr
05-17-2003, 12:17 PM
Its guys like you, Mike, who defend the Confederate flag in one sentence, and throw a racial slur in the next that have given many people the mistaken idea that the flag is racist. If youre going to throw in racial slurs, and show your own racism, then you are doing harm to those who respect the Conferate flag.

I am a Yankee native, and have no ties or heritage connected with the South, but I have respect for the Confederate flag, and those people who display it as a symbol of their own heritage. I think it cheapens that symbol when a bunch of northern born Confederate wannabes, who have never even been south of the Mason Dixon in their life go around displaying it for reasons other than personal heritage. I saw an interesting special on the history channel about Civial War veterans from the Confederacy who were honored with that flag, and buried with it. This particular episode was dedicated to those Confederate soldiers who happened to be black. The Confederate flag is not racist, but when a bunch of racists embrace and defend that flag, its the image of the flag that suffers. If you are one who takes pride in that flag, then when you see a Klansman displaying it, you have an obligation to kick his trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro to defend the honor of your flag!

roofinggun
05-17-2003, 03:39 PM
What happened to your friend is a tragedy and I send my sympathy. To have the flag taken down would be illegal had it not been attached to a government owned pole and on government land. If it were on private property, you can set the Memorial up and no one can say anything. So that may be an option for the friends and family. However as far as the flag goes, I lived in the south for three years while I was in the Army and saw the flags flying all over, saw shirts with a vertical flag that said "you wear your x and I'll wear mine" in response to Malcolm X, and I saw monuments dedicated to the fallen soldiers. The hate for the flag comes from the repressed in the south that were vindicated by the north, specifically Abe Lincoln. Because Lincoln freed the slaves and allowed them a chance at life the North, the north wound up winning the war rather quickly. Sorry but we did win the war. It was Abe Lincoln who freed slaves and caused an extreme dislike for the Confederate Flag because to many people it represents repression and slavery. Much like the penny, which has Lincoln facing to the right and on copper, while all of the other coins are/were on silver and facing to the left, because many southerners felt that he turned his back on the white man. This is not all that different from any other symbol. Some will adorn it and some will hate it. Some cultures see cows as religious figures, and most of us eat them. Some cultures see eye contact as improper, and most of us think someone is lying if they won't look you in the face. One bit of advice though, before you throw out the racial slurs look around to see who is there because by population white males are quickly becoming a minority and you may just get your teeth knocked out.

YAMAHA_Jim
05-17-2003, 03:55 PM
I grew up thinking the confederate flag was just an awesome decoration on the General Lee.Later I learned what it was and what it meant.I Have the seatcover on my Blaster b/c I'm a big Dukes fan and a lil bit of a rebel,and it was cheap :)...and besides it looks cool on the blaster.
Mike,Sorry to here about your friend and all the BS about the flag.
The seatcover is available from Dennis Kirk. http://www.denniskirk.com/powervendor/details/detail.asp?serverid=OffRoad&PartNo=451425
Blaster seatcover will fit on a tri-z.

J.D.
05-17-2003, 04:10 PM
Wow that's nice Jim....except 67 bucks, little on the expensive side, no?

TimSr: "nigger" isn't a racial slur in my book, because it doesn't just apply to black people. It applies to whites, blacks, browns, whatevers.

ATC crazy
05-17-2003, 06:56 PM
Hell ya!! Rednecks rock...Me and all my friends are big rednecks. We say "If it ain't broke but needs a fixin, *****-rig it." The South Will Rise Again!! HERITAGE, NOT HATE.

Edited by HondaATC for Content

Trikeaholic
05-17-2003, 07:03 PM
Tim Sr. is correct. The swastika is another example of symbolism associated with hate and bigotry. Im not going to educate you all on what it is, but it was not invented by the Nazi's, just used by them.

350Xccelerator
05-17-2003, 07:27 PM
Im mexican and i don't think about racism when i see a confederate flag. Im don't care who has a confederate flag just as long it doesn't involve racism. Im racist against racism.

HemiChallenger71
05-18-2003, 10:00 PM
I'm giving a BIG HELL YEAH for this entire thread. If you have a problem with the stars and bars you are an asshole.

ATC350X 85
05-18-2003, 11:01 PM
People who actually take the time to care about taking taking down the Confederate Flag are losers. They have nothing better to do. Anyone who lets stuff like that bother them is a complete loser. It represents the south, so what get over it.

wanta250r
05-18-2003, 11:42 PM
we take the time to care about it because it was stupid to take it down and they shouldn't get away with it. It will lead to something else when whoever got it taken knows he will get what he wants. Its not as little a deal as you think evil

FullBore
05-19-2003, 09:37 AM
in my opinion if you have a problem with somone else but it isn't actually affecting you you should keep quiet, I don't always adhere to it myself but I try. I havn't heard any complaints about my avatar yet though! :D

Nat

J.D.
05-19-2003, 10:39 AM
And I don't think anyone will FullBore, it's your right to put the flag up if you wish.

ATC350X 85
05-19-2003, 09:00 PM
To Wanta250R, I am by no means against the flag I am against the people that are against it. I hate people that are offended by that its such BS. I own a Confederate Flag so there. What we are talking about here pisses me off, people should not take it down, especially in this situation that is complete BS. That whole thing with South Carolina 3 years ago with the flag on there statehouse or whatever was crap too that flag should still be up there. Im from the north and still support it.

ATCRYDER
05-20-2003, 08:09 PM
It means RedNeck Southerner to me. =0) ....Just a title.

People do associate with the Southern White Pride bullcrap. They need to check the calender and notice the "2003".

MR ATC
05-20-2003, 08:19 PM
well here is my two cents worth...the confederate flag represents what true America was ment to be. what our founding fathers intended america to be a country that was truely Free and not overrun by a buch of political leaders trying to take away our rights and freedoms. i'm not a yankee or a rebel i'm a American and its a shame what this country has turned into had the south won you can bet your trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro trikes would not have been banned

kyle
05-20-2003, 08:43 PM
i look at the confederate flag as american herritage, i am from ohio but all of my family came from west Va. down to florida so i support it. i dont support all the racists putting it to shame using it to Pi$$ people off. i have a small confederate flag decal on the back of my riding helmet.

Coty
05-26-2003, 11:33 AM
i had a similar incident here nearby, a family friend got shot to death by some black boys, because he was flying the CONFEDERATE FLAG in the back of his truck, so from Springfield, TN to Elkton, Ky(50 miles) we had a memorial parade for Michael, the boy who was killed, the parade was for everyone who knew him or supported his beliefs about the flag, it was one of the greatest things i have ever seen, a line of cars, trucks, motorcycles, horses, and people walking, and FLYIN OUR FLAG PROUDLY FOR 50 MILES. and not one single soul dared to stop it. thankfully the guys were found guilty of MURDER. and now the NAACP has gotten dixie outfitters clothing pulled from malls across america, that is B.S. we ain't running around with the KKK banning all African Heritage Stores, and closing down all their gay ass night clubs. and for you ATC 350X 85, COME ON DOWN HERE TO THE "SOUTH" AND WE WILL SHOW YOU HOW TO GET OVER IT, YOU LOSER.

ATC350X 85
05-26-2003, 01:26 PM
Hey Coty go to hell. Im not against your flag OK get the picture retard. I hate people that hate the flag i think you need to read the posts. Your the loser.

Coty
05-26-2003, 01:48 PM
well maybe you should go reword your message....it looks like you are telling us to get over it, because we are making a scene over someone taking it down.

oh yeah YEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAW

MR ATC
05-26-2003, 01:52 PM
Coty, ATC350x 85 is just upset that 250R's are faster then 350X's and has R envy. thats why he has a 250R avatar with a name like ATC350X 85...lol...jk

Coty
05-26-2003, 01:54 PM
well that is funnier than hell, but i can't say much there, all i own is 200x and a couple other engines... 400 hondamatic

Trikeaholic
05-26-2003, 02:01 PM
in my opinion if you have a problem with somone else but it isn't actually affecting you you should keep quiet, I don't always adhere to it myself but I try. I havn't heard any complaints about my avatar yet though! :D

Nat

I am offended by your Union Jack avatar. To me, it is a symbol of British (read white man) imperialism and brutal colonization of 3rd world countries, including the enslavement and illegal occupation of early European North American settlements. You must hate Americans by displaying that symbol of hate.

see how rediculous that argument is???

yes, this is a joke, using absurtidy to illustrate the absurd.

MR ATC
05-26-2003, 06:02 PM
i am deeply appauled by your avatar "holic" not only dose it blatently violate the rights of animals but also putting a wrench in the hands of the rare Kawimonkey of southern asia is clearly demenstrating your opinon that asian motorcycly/atv mechanics are no smarter then your average lower primate and clearly not as superior to the north american Harley Davidson grease monkey

Coty
05-26-2003, 06:03 PM
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trikeaholic
05-26-2003, 07:03 PM
:D :D

EXACTLY!

ATCRYDER
05-26-2003, 07:07 PM
:D :D :D

ATC350X 85
05-27-2003, 08:21 PM
Coty, read my post on the top of page 2. I fully support anyone who wants to display the Confederate Flag. I used to display it quite frequently back in high school. I dislike the people that are offended by it and feel the need to bash the Flag and to take the flag down. If one of us took down some flag relating to black history we'd probably be arrested or called a racist. Also for the record, I made my user name before I had my R.

250SX
05-29-2003, 04:16 PM
Just to clear one thing up... Abe didn't free a single solitary slave. All he did was declare slavery over in the states at war with the union. It was just a political ploy at the time to encourage slaves to rebel & murder their owners. Abe was about as racist as they come.

Coty
06-26-2003, 09:44 PM
for all of those that support the confederate flag, there is a guy at 3wheeler.org hating on it and talking crap about the ones that support it.

it is located in the lounge under..."how can i change my avatar"

SpeedBump
06-26-2003, 10:35 PM
The South Will Rise Again!!

Edited by HondaATC for Content

You LOST. Get over it. :D

ATC crazy
06-27-2003, 08:12 PM
THEY lost...not me...I wasn't even born yet. ;)

Only if the south had the better weapons. Hmmmmmmm :rolleyes:

REDNECKS ROCK

Trikeaholic
06-27-2003, 10:31 PM
Just to clear one thing up... Abe didn't free a single solitary slave. All he did was declare slavery over in the states at war with the union. It was just a political ploy at the time to encourage slaves to rebel & murder their owners. Abe was about as racist as they come.

That is true, if you guys wanna know the truth on this subject, read a little history, or check some other websites that are devoted to socialogy type issues, its obvious that the public schools have brainwashed half of you dolts.

HemiChallenger71
06-27-2003, 11:15 PM
Schools liek to do A LOT of brain washing. I wonder what else they brainwash us on, besudes all the racism stuff and the civil war...

ATC crazy
06-27-2003, 11:35 PM
No kiddin...they don't even state the facts anymore (the teachers)